What would it take for you to change your mind...

Undefeated in the Coastal, win vs FSU, ACC Title, and News Years Bowl victory. All of those or nothing.

He wont do it though.

Advertisement
The damage is done....

The PSU flirtation. Disappearing last year in crunch time. Refusal to make significant changes in the face of overwhelming evidence that would suggest it's needed. The constant PR campaigns of ever-bending statistics. The blue chips flying out of Miami at record pace. I can't even look at clouds outside with my kids anymore without feeling bitter due to the Excuse Tour '13-'14. Even if we go out and win 5 straight national championships I'll have a hard time ever embracing that dude as the coach at Miami. He's in the wrong place.

I want him gone. If he meets any of your objectives he will be gone anyway. He does not fit here and he will revert to smug prick attitude with an ounce of success. Something he already is with not one accomplishment

At this point, winning the Coastal outright and playing in the ACC Championship game. We need to craw before we can walk. Walking has proven to be very difficult for this team the last 12 years.

Advertisement
ACC? Are you guys serious? This program should be competing for national titles every year. If we won 10 games and the ACC next year, I still would not be convinced that he is the right man for the program. It's his 5th ******* year. We'd need to make the playoff next year for me to change my mind. But if the playoffs change next year to include 8 teams, then I guess winning the ACC would be enough for me because that would put us in the playoff.

Keep scarlett, land green and fire fatfrio, williams and jethro after nsd. Bring back schiano and or hire Michael barrow as the D coordinator and mike rumph as db coach. Kevin Patrick as dline coach and win the acc.... Be in the playoff...

not one thing in here will actually happen

wishful thinking huh? i know man smh...

The question is a non-starter. He can't go back this year and win the ACCCG.

Only solution is Fire Golden.

Advertisement
- Win the ACC
- Beat rival FSU
- Staff changes (fire donofrio, williams, franklin. Hire some heavy hitters)
- Schematic changes (faster, efficient offense. Aggressive defense)
- Decisive victories (no close games against garbage opponents)
- Reach out to former players for help

Im of the opinion that he wont be fired after next year. I think he knows he wont get a head coaching gig after this disaster ever again and hes riding out his contract. Hes too stubborn to change his methods which is hampering his chances of easy success, while the school doesn't want a high profile football team. Donna wont choose a successor who wont follow her plan she got from tad foote.

on Al Golden? Given that we are stuck with the Pop Warner Head Coach for next year.

For me anything less than a National Championship game next year, I want him gone. I'd probably still want him gone because I just don't like him or trust him. I think he's a snake oil salesman. The allure quickly rubbed off from the initial introduction 4 years ago.

destroy every opponent he faces, even fsu. Then win the natty

Advertisement
My opinion is constantly being reaffirmed by the changes that aren't being made, the direction of the program which is stuck in neutral, and the general attitude of excuse making and ineptitude, which is constant.

Advertisement
Doesn't matter what he does. It's obvious he doesn't want to be here. He's a guy whose heart is in friggin' Happy Valley and he would like nothing better than to leave to here to go back to that frozen hole in the ground. I don't take rejection well. I want him gone no matter what he does.

It would take al proving me wrong.

I hold a fact-based opinion that he is a bad football coach. If he can prove me wrong on that, I'd gladly change my mind and tell everyone here about it.

Advertisement
Back