What would be your top 5 Realistic HC Wishlist for Miami?

Nice reply. You come across as a know it all prick who doesn't like being called out on his bull****. Talk about delusional rants. Sensitive much?

#1 Never said Manny is a "proven" recruiter (whatever that means), but to imply that he's not a good recruiter is nonsense and you know it.

#2 You stated that Richt built a mediocre staff. I agree that his offensive staff was crap but disagree on the defensive side of the ball. Kuligowski was widely regarded as a home-run hire when he came to Miami. Simpson is coaching DL in the NFL and Diaz has produced outstanding defenses in each of his 4 years at Miami.

#3 I never said Golden was a "terrific" evaluator. I simply pointed out the fact that he put 30 guys in the NFL. Make of that what you will.
I expressed concern about Manny as a recruiter when he was hired, and I haven’t seen a reason to feel differently so far. I have discussed my views in him as a recruiter plenty on this site. For me, recruiting must be anchored in a plan, a process and evaluations. Without that, getting excited about closing a kid here or there does nothing for me. I don’t see Manny having shown a real plan, or process, and jury’s out on his evals. Hopefully he figures it out. His and the team’s success depends on it.

As for Richt, we can just disagree. Kul was a credible DL coach but clearly overrated, as Alabama and Toledo prove. Banda and Rumph were not superstar DB hires. His offensive staff stunk. If you’re trying to defend Richt’s staff based on one position coach, you’re trying too hard.

I don’t know who your ‘30’ guys are you claim for Golden. What I know is he signed way too many stiffs, obvious unqualified guys, guys who couldn’t get in or stay in. I haven’t said he was a terrible evaluator. Just not particularly good. He got some kids right. But he offered too many kids he had personally watched at camp where were face plants. He signed kids who experienced folks who watched them in HS all said were not UM quality, or even P5 capable in some instances. That’s not the sign of a good evaluator. Kids like Larry Hope, Vernon Davis, Brendan Loftus, Gray Crow, Jontaveous Carter, D’Mauri Jones, Danny Dillard. He managed the roster poorly, in my view. I won’t address the DL and LB choices because they were a function of dorito.

Advertisement
I expressed concern about Manny as a recruiter when he was hired, and I haven’t seen a reason to feel differently so far. I have discussed my views in him as a recruiter plenty on this site. For me, recruiting must be anchored in a plan, a process and evaluations. Without that, getting excited about closing a kid here or there does nothing for me. I don’t see Manny having shown a real plan, or process, and jury’s out on his evals. Hopefully he figures it out. His and the team’s success depends on it.

As for Richt, we can just disagree. Kul was a credible DL coach but clearly overrated, as Alabama and Toledo prove. Banda and Rumph were not superstar DB hires. His offensive staff stunk. If you’re trying to defend Richt’s staff based on one position coach, you’re trying too hard.

I don’t know who your ‘30’ guys are you claim for Golden. What I know is he signed way too many stiffs, obvious unqualified guys, guys who couldn’t get in or stay in. I haven’t said he was a terrible evaluator. Just not particularly good. He got some kids right. But he offered too many kids he had personally watched at camp where were face plants. He signed kids who experienced folks who watched them in HS all said were not UM quality, or even P5 capable in some instances. That’s not the sign of a good evaluator. Kids like Larry Hope, Vernon Davis, Brendan Loftus, Gray Crow, Jontaveous Carter, D’Mauri Jones, Danny Dillard. He managed the roster poorly, in my view. I won’t address the DL and LB choices because they were a function of dorito.

That was a well reasoned and fact based reply. Very nice. It's true, Golden did take a lot of plan B and C kids. One could argue that The Cloud™ had something to do with that, although I suspect his overall vision for the program turned off some of the more highly touted prospects.

That was a well reasoned and fact based reply. Very nice. It's true, Golden did take a lot of plan B and C kids. One could argue that The Cloud™ had something to do with that, although I suspect his overall vision for the program turned off some of the more highly touted prospects.
I don’t buy the cloud at all as an excuse for bad evals. It explains why we may have missed on some kids, but not why we evaluated badly on ones we took. Especially where they were camp evals by coaches watching the kids closely. That’s why I personally think Golden was just not very good at evals. He had some real blind spots.

Us

Usually agree with you but Manny's been recruiting defense four several years. How many 1st round picks so far? How many underclassmen do you expect to go 1st round? In all fairness I never like Manny as DC. Just another nole on the staff to me.
Im not disagreeing....just questioning his words...

Advertisement
My 5 Realistic would be.

1st-Chris Klieman
2nd-Steve Sarkisian
3rd-Luke Fickell
4th-Dino Barbers
5th- Robert Saleh

Billy Napier would be a great fit here as well
Klieman would be interesting, he's a ridiculously good coach. However, not sure how he is as a recruiter.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back