What will staff look like when/if Butch Davis is hired?

Advertisement
it would be nice to have all established coordinators on the staff. No beginners or projects please. Dorsey would be fine as QB/Co- off coord coach,
not OC, he has never called a play. ANYWHERE, why start here... I want Butch, but atleast give Herman, Chip a call.
Herman would do very well at Miami.

Advertisement
We've been through this (meaning had this exact thread) like 9 times, but others have said Dorsey will make an appearance, either as OC, or CO-OC QB Coach. I'd expect other ex-Canes or coaches with ties to Miami on the staff. What I really would like to see if Davis is hired is that he's evolved since 2000, meaning do what Gary Patterson did after TCU went 4-8 a couple of years back. Realize it's not the late 90s, and that his offense only works when you out athlete everyone. Butch is not my first choice (Kelly, Mullen, Herman, etc.), but I could get on board with a dynamic offensive staff.

You guys think there's any chance we'd bring back Moffitt and start making these boys look like savages?

I guess we will wait a month and find out, smh at the group we have running this search

RIGHT?! I would've conducted the search for 25k and did the same **** thing....
Seriously. Two months a boat load of money and a search firm to hire the guy who would have accepted the job the day after Golden was fired. If Butch is their choice then just ******* do it already. Uncertainty isn't helping recruiting.

I think he'll have Lubick as DC, Moffitt as S&C, Marc Trestman as OC, Ken Dorsey as QB coach, Ed Reed coaching DBs, Randy Shannon as co-DC, Sol as RBs coach, Mario and Kehoe handling the OL, and don't forget Greg Mark on DL....

He's also going to retain Swasey as head of the new Planet Fitness for Former Players (PFFP) at the Hecht.

Advertisement
Agree with all postings. If the BOT and the admin wants to **** away that money - whatever!! Make a decision and move forward especially for recruiting purposes.

I guess we will wait a month and find out, smh at the group we have running this search

RIGHT?! I would've conducted the search for 25k and did the same **** thing....
Seriously. Two months a boat load of money and a search firm to hire the guy who would have accepted the job the day after Golden was fired. If Butch is their choice then just ****ing do it already. Uncertainty isn't helping recruiting.

Anyone who thinks Moffitt is coming back is just uninformed on the topic. We have a better chance at getting Nick Saban.

I don't think Schiano is DC

He will get hired somewhere as HC

I could see it as an asst. HC and DC capacity, but I agree it will be more difficult getting quality assistants with all these HC openings available.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Big panthers fan here, for people saying Dorsey has never called a play yes that is true, but he does relay in each play to Cam and sit with Cam after every single drive. He has helped turned Cam into a true passing threat and Shula runs a very innovative offense.

Missing out on Dorsey would be a big mistake IMO

No idea why people say Dorsey for Qb coach. Number of coaches are limited. Can't carry Qb coach. Usually OC does that job. Maybe if Butch runs dline.

No idea why people say Dorsey for Qb coach. Number of coaches are limited. Can't carry Qb coach. Usually OC does that job. Maybe if Butch runs dline.

Not always. Sometimes the OC is also the RB coach (Eddie Gran at UC) and sometimes the OC is also the WR coach. In some places the OC is just the OC, with no other duties. It depends on the makeup of the other coaches, and it depends on how the other jobs are delegated.

Advertisement
Back