What Will It Take To Win 2016 ACCCD?

Jeeperaf

Sophomore
What are the pre-season thoughts on what it takes to win ACCCD?

Ill start (let bashing begin)...

ACCCD title goes to team that runs the division table...

Advertisement
Score more points that the other teams?

Seriously though, I've touched on it in some other threads, but I think UNC is the pivot game for us. Away game sandwiched between FSU and VT... If we can get past UNC I really like our chances to win out in conference play. We go 2-2 or worse in October and I think we're out of it.

Advertisement

Seriously though, I've touched on it in some other threads, but I think UNC is the pivot game for us. Away game sandwiched between FSU and VT... If we can get past UNC I really like our chances to win out in conference play. We go 2-2 or worse in October and I think we're out of it.

UNC is at home this year.

Tickets are 8 dollars too, by the way.

No excuse for everyone not to be there

9-3 might do it IF the losses are FSU, ND, and any team not wearing powder blue.

10-2 is a safer bet... Either way, I think two conference games is the most we could afford to drop and still be in it, barring some implosion from the rest of the conference (always possible in the ACC.)

Ha! **** you're right, don't know what I was thinking. Sorry - either way, I've still got that as my pivot game lol

What are the pre-season thoughts on what it takes to win ACCCD?

Ill start (let bashing begin)...

ACCCD title goes to team that runs the division table...

Us having little or no injuries and the freshmen maturing very quickly. This team is too thin at many positions and it's getting worse by the day. It will take a superb effort by ALL coaches and players alike to win this division.

Advertisement
Every "tough" Coastal game we play is at home, we got this thing in the bag.

Any one of you 7-5 thinking Canes fans can go f*ck yourself.

For the Canes
1. Very few to zero injuries moving forward
2. A turnover ratio similar to last year (nearly 2:1)
3. Kaaya needs to be better than last year (61% comp not good enough since he cant run)
4. A noticeably improved OL (one of the worst in ACC last year)
5. The emergence of a RB that can break the long run (big plays win games) and convert 3rd and short (OL must help)
6. Fewer penalties
7. Better run D. We were #103 last year so I dont mean being #102 this year
8. More sacks. Will we finally get to the QB or will we be #96 vs our own conf like we were last year. (We had 13 sacks in 8 conf games)

Advertisement

If we go 2-2 in October with wins vs VT and UNC we'll be sitting pretty (at that point).
I am assuming UNC will lose at Tallahassee so we will have what amounts to a 2 game lead over them and VT.
What I'm worried about is the first week in November when Pitt comes to town.
I'm going to keep an eye on their game at UNC, week 4.
If they win that one, with VT at home, the early November game vs the Panthers will be for the Coastal.

Last edited:

They won't show up they'll spend all their money the week before for FSU. Dude didn't even know it was a home. Lol

A much improved OL and fewer penalties. Most importantly, winning the turnover battle with a few coming at crucial times against FSU and/or UNC. Drive stopping picks/strip sacks/blocked kicks. Big momentum swinging plays. I don't think any of these are out of the question. We're due for crying out loud! My $0.02, might be more like $0.035.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
outside of 8-0, I don't see UNC losing more than once outside of FSU. We have to go 7-1 at worst and get the H2H against UNC. The only way 6-2 gets us through is if they get caught up in that wash of FSU, VTech and us. We have to win our H2H with UNC.

[video=youtube;0rn_cbYxruk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rn_cbYxruk[/video]

Advertisement
Back