What will it take for Mario to regain your trust?

What will it take for Mario to regain your trust?

• He never had my trust and never will.

Votes: 19 8.7%
  • Win a national championship in the next few years.

Votes: 48 21.9%
  • 10 wins in the next year.

Votes: 89 40.6%
  • 7-5 is better than 5-7.

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • It is all about the off-season championships (recruiting/portal).

Votes: 8 3.7%
  • Hire a clock manager.

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • Move to another conference and Mario will be fine.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Win the ACCCG this year.

Votes: 44 20.1%
  • Blowout UNC

Votes: 88 40.2%

• Total voters
I agree kids aren't looking at one play. My goal is to win it all. If all he brings to the table is recruiting and the other contenders have that AND good coaching then we are still behind.
I didnt expect him to win it all when he first got here the roster was cheeks and their is still cheeks here. He has not uploaded his roster yet and his guys are young asf mostly so they got to go through growth PAUSE. I expect him to get us on the stage and when we get on the stage it gets easy, and I think as a matter of fact I know hes going to get us back. I asked for a HC like this for years, every other HC everyone claimed to be elite recruiters was cap city. This is a different type of recruiter that will flourish here. I'm patient cause I seen the past 20 years and his plan is more sustainable and more stable again IMO.

Advertisement
Consistency.

Mario will be the coach for a long time and I think he will do well. But he has a lot to do to gain my full trust. Not just a championship but consistency every season, every game, every quarter, every play. Not perfection but consistency.

Consistency.

Mario will be the coach for a long time and I think he will do well. But he has a lot to do to gain my full trust. Not just a championship but consistency every season, every game, every quarter, every play. Not perfection but consistency.
He is consistent. He will lose a game he shouldn't and win a game he shouldn't. He is who he is. I was hoping he would change the lows but he is stubborn. I do hope though he grows as a coach and starts limiting this lows

Trust is an ever changing, multi-sided social construct. Like energy, it cannot be created nor destroyed. Certainly, it cannot be won. Just do the work.
This is it right here!

He doesn't need my trust. Just do the **** job! And do it well.

The question I have is what can Mario do to be looked at as a good coach when all is said & done? Even if he won a ship, objectively speaking, he'll be a "yeah, but" guy like Ed O or Eli Manning.

Advertisement
Even if he won a ship, objectively speaking, he'll be a "yeah, but" guy like Ed O or Eli Manning.

No GIF

If he wins us #6, he's earned a golden statute of himself taking a knee with the championship trophy held up high.

My expectation for this year is to win at least 9 games because Mark Richt (10 wins) did it and Manny Diaz (8 wins) came close to it.

I believe that's a fair assessment.

No GIF

If he wins us #6, he's earned a golden statute of himself taking a knee with the championship trophy held up high.

**** I'll personally be happy & wouldn't worry about anything else. But nationally, I think he has to have sustained success with more than 1 ring going foward.

The no kneel is just the worst of a long list of things to question about him as a HC. The just over .500 record, the unnecessarily long hiring process, general in-game management, previous no kneel, & even his bad for QBs rep.

Advertisement
Good Lord some of y’all sound like a bunch of jaded ex-wives whose husband left with the younger, hotter mistress.

If the team is past it and is dialed back in with these coaches for North Carolina prep, you can get back on board, too.

Jesus Christ, you literally had Ny Carr committing to Mario and staff on Sunday morning—instead of waiting for the UnderArmour game—but fans are still butt-hurt.

Rub some dirt on it ladies. Big game this weekend.

He is consistent. He will lose a game he shouldn't and win a game he shouldn't. He is who he is. I was hoping he would change the lows but he is stubborn. I do hope though he grows as a coach and starts limiting this lows
I really want to disagree with you.

But I got nothing.

Advertisement
It's funny because a lot of you guys are acting surprised Mario made a huge bonehead mistake. WE ALL KNEW THIS KIND OF THING WOULD HAPPEN. We were willing to trade the inevitable game day stupidity for top recruiting classes and a chance to build a contender. This was the trade-off. Almost everyone outside a handful of people here knew this when we got him. Jimmys and Joes, not X's and O's right?
I didnt know this fool was goofy enough to still be running plays when the game was already won! When I heard gameday corch, I thought more along the lines of burning timeouts, not being aggressive to end halves when there is time, etc. I did NOT sign up for losing already won games, wtf.. That is coaching malpractice and dam near fireable offense for some if they are on hot seat.. Corches have been left on tarmac or without a ride home for alot less..

I didnt know this fool was goofy enough to still be running plays when the game was already won! When I heard gameday corch, I thought more along the lines of burning timeouts, not being aggressive to end halves when there is time, etc. I did NOT sign up for losing already won games, wtf.. That is coaching malpractice and dam near fireable offense for some if they are on hot seat.. Corches have been left on tarmac or without a ride home for alot less..
Considering he already did it at Oregon, you should not have been so shocked.

Considering he already did it at Oregon, you should not have been so shocked.
I dont think those situations were the same, the win was ALREADY 100% secured after we got the 1st down. In Oregon game if its the one everyone brings up, they were running to secure the first down/win tho they could of milked the clock and punted.. Either way three more runs after picking up first down and needing only kneeldowns is still mind blowing to me ..

Advertisement
Good Lord some of y’all sound like a bunch of jaded ex-wives whose husband left with the younger, hotter mistress.

If the team is past it and is dialed back in with these coaches for North Carolina prep, you can get back on board, too.

Jesus Christ, you literally had Ny Carr committing to Mario and staff on Sunday morning—instead of waiting for the UnderArmour game—but fans are still butt-hurt.

Rub some dirt on it ladies. Big game this weekend.
:ohlord:

**** he could win our second bowl game since 2007 and he’d have my respect. This team ain’t done **** for me to have high standards.

Never really had my trust. He’s always been a middle of the road coach who can recruit. He’s terrible at clock management and clearly hasn’t improved in that aspect in all these years. Losing too many games he shouldn’t.

Advertisement
Back