What will Doom the season?

Remember you heard it here first. It's obvious from those in the know we lack OL depth, experience and competition! There are no signs of Al and Dorito adapting the defense into a functional unit. These will be two reasons we're destined to have another losing season. As optimistic as we try to be, not having depth and experience along the OL is destined to doom the offense (along with Coley's inexperience). Same for defense, primarily scheme, but lack of depth at LB, CB and Safety? Come on we fooling ourselves if we think the combination of these negatives plus Golden is gonna beat quality teams consistently.

Advertisement
Remember you heard it here first. It's obvious from those in the know we lack OL depth, experience and competition! There are no signs of Al and Dorito adapting the defense into a functional unit. These will be two reasons we're destined to have another losing season. As optimistic as we try to be, not having depth and experience along the OL is destined to doom the offense (along with Coley's inexperience). Same for defense, primarily scheme, but lack of depth at LB, CB and Safety? Come on we fooling ourselves if we think the combination of these negatives plus Golden is gonna beat quality teams consistently.

Weve all known and heard of these limitations on this team...as well as Goldens lack of everything.
So this is not where we heard it first.

The lack of depth at LB, CB and Safety will hurt us more on Special Teams than anything else... We'll be forced to play freshmen on ST's to protect our numbers.

If we get back to more of a 4-3 mentality on defense, then I think we'll be fine at LB. However, I' not sold on McCord playing the position...should have gotten a head start @ LB as an incoming Freshman. Can't just snap the finger an call him a LB because he has the measurables...

The type of offense we run, can offset the lack of an Alabama type OL. I think Coley goes with a pass first mentality - Runs to set-up the pass and/or just to keep the defense off balance. It's less wear and tear & pressure on the OL to be what this offense is not - in which it is not a smash-mouth/stuff it down your throat type of force.

We can win Dennis Erickson style!!

denniserickson.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
IF Grolden is immediately fired by the incoming Prez, then the season may be salvaged. If the status quo is maintained, the season is DOOMED.

We will know by the end of June.

Advertisement
"And we look back and see that Brad Kaaya is on the ground and seems to be in a lot of pain." This would be the moment I destroy any evidence that there was a season this year.

Our only kicker will tear his quad doing a kickoff against Bethune Cookman

We have no kicker after that

"And we look back and see that Brad Kaaya is on the ground and seems to be in a lot of pain." This would be the moment I destroy any evidence that there was a season this year.

Don't even put those words out into the ether.

Advertisement
nothing. it's gonna be as expected. maybe other teams' trolls in here are gonna feel disappointed, but that's also expected.

Advertisement
No depth to sustain though injuries over the course of a season. Add that to incompetent coaching and you have a 5 to 7 win season max.

Advertisement
Back