What will be the final straw..

MizCane

Senior
If there hasn't been serious discussions about making a change from the powers that be yet? What in your mind will be the sticking point to have the ball rolling? I'm pretty surprised we don't have any de-commits. I think if we start losing commits that will be another big sign a change needs to be made.

Thoughts?

Advertisement
I think this Saturday the stands will be empty even compared to normal Miami crowds. That trend will probably continue all year except the FSU game. Even then, I would not be surprised if it had a low attendance compared to recent years.

The final straw will have to be something non-football related. An on-air brawl would do the trick.

Advertisement
L fsu
L Vt
L virginia
W unc
W pitt
W cincy
puts us at 6-6 with a date in the toliet bowl..i think 7-6 is the ceiling on the season & with the talent Alfredo has that should be automatic firing.

The totality of the situation will make it untenable. The losses will come-- week after week, and some of these are gonna be ugly. The players will quit on him-- some may have already, the horrible statistics will mount, the sparse crowds will become even more sparse-- and more glaring. The pressure and media saturation will become unbearable.

The wave is building... its already in motion. Its all intertia at this point, I don't think anything can reverse or forestall it.

Its going to get much worse for the program in the coming weeks-- more so for Golden and his butt buddy. Its coming from every conceivable angle and its all bad-- and it hasn't even reached critical mass yet-- we've only seen the tip of the ice burg. But its coming, sure as the sun's gonna rise.

A 7th loss or a real *** kicking from FSU, something like the 2010 game, and there is no chance Golden survives without making major changes.

The totality of the situation will make it untenable. The losses will come-- week after week, and some of these are gonna be ugly. The players will quit on him-- some may have already, the horrible statistics will mount, the sparse crowds will become even more sparse-- and more glaring. The pressure and media saturation will become unbearable.

The wave is building... its already in motion. Its all intertia at this point, I don't think anything can reverse or forestall it.

Its going to get much worse for the program in the coming weeks-- more so for Golden and his butt buddy. Its coming from every conceivable angle and its all bad-- and it hasn't even reached critical mass yet-- we've only seen the tip of the ice burg. But its coming, sure as the sun's gonna rise.

This. For me the last straw was getting butt plunged by Louisville in the RAB. I tried to be as positive as I could going into this season. I thought that Al had learned his lesson about the defense and I wanted to give his one last shot at a reprieve heading into the opener at Louisville. I thought I would let him prove to me he could do the job with a loaded offense a true NT and finally having legit talent all over the defense.

As we all know, Al proceeded to **** the bed. Same garbage passive prevent scheme. This is when it finally hit me that going 3 deep with 4 and 5 star talent wouldn't make a **** bit of difference in this abortion of a defensive scheme. Same unprepared and uninspired play. Same play not to lose gameplan. Same lack of halftime adjustments. Same old story as far as getting completely out coached in the the second half. Same garbage special teams.

I also couldn't help but notice that even being a year more experienced and more talented didnt make us any better. In many ways we seem to be regressing. We are even more boring to watch. This brand of football is so unwatchable that even myself a die hard Hurricane football junkie can hardly stomach watching. Its absolutely wretched football. No passion or emotion. Nobody pumped up. Nothing exciting. These players look like passive robots out there playing as safe as possible. I see a tight tentative team scared to make a mistake being coached to back into wins instead of claiming them with authority. I see a whole lot of dynamic football players that have been stripped of their pride, aggression and ability to make game changing plays because they are being held prisoner by an inept coaching staff that is led by two incompetent,clowns from Pud State who have absolutely no clue how to use the talent they recruit. To say that it's sickening would be an understatement.

Its not a question of if the players quit. Its a question of when. That is if they haven't already. So let the losses mount and mount they will. To be brutally honest, I would rather not win playing this style of football. Its not Miami football. Its not who we are. This is cowards football and thankfully these cowards running this **** show will not be validated by it. Does that answer your question?

Advertisement
I think it would take a loss at home. One that carries some real weight. Like winning the next few games, getting ourselves back in the picture then getting blasted at home by like FSU that knocks us completely out of contention.....

Either way, I think the admin needs to get Butch in the fold early so no one else gets a shot at him...

The three more losses thats coming, fsu,vt,va.

But nail in the coffin will be the empty stands. The admin, bot or whoever might not care about the football program, but seeing your school playing in tomb on national tv will definitely hurt their pride.

People in power dont like to be embarrassed (the current admin seems to a higher tolerance for it) especially if they feel they have the a say in the situation.

Hopefully they love the university enough to act, and not let one aspect of the university continue to be complete dumpster fire.

Advertisement
When FSu beats us like we stole their lunch money with 80% semenholes in our own stadium.

The fact that we won't adjust, won't fight and will simply lay down and get plowed like a $2 ***** will speak volumes to Al Golden as a corch.

Advertisement
I feel like Kevin O'Leary now. Money may not be the only thing that matters, but it is the main component. Banners dont mean anything, attendance only means something in the long run, porsters screaming on here dont mean anything, so we go back to money. That really means the BOT and the major donors, and maybe the season ticket holders. Thats it. This whole thread has been a waste of time.

It's over already. Once the hardcore negativity starts rolling like it is it doesn't stop. It only gets worse. And the HC gets swallowed up. There's no reversing it now. Ask Brady Hoke.

The last straw VT last year. That crappy O ran circles around Doritos. This D makes all the highlite feels for opposing players on draft day.

The last straw VT last year. That crappy O ran circles around Doritos. This D makes all the highlite feels for opposing players on draft day.

That's real schit right there.

I can't even watch the draft anymore. The only Canes we get to see are the ones on every *******'s highlights with Mel Kiper in the background talking about how great they are.

I'm off to suckstart a 12 gauge.

Advertisement
Back