What will be the 3 most improved units over last year?

FrancisSawyer

All American
Premium
Defensive Line
Linebackers
Secondary
Offensive Line
Wide Receiver
Running Back
Tight End
Special Teams Kick Returns
Special Teams Kick Coverage

I'll go with
Defensive Line. Coach Salavae' has a unit that goes 12 deep and will come in waves. This is an extremely versatile group that will stop the run and rush the passer.

Secondary. Coach Addae works his magic once again. Both Cornerback and Safety are deep, talented and versatile(there's that word again).

Offensive Line. Mirabal and Cristobal will have this unit playing up to it's potential. Depth is a concern but this unit will be much improved.

Edit: Honorable Mention:
Linebacker. This is my dark horse for most improved. This is a gut feeling based on a few factors. The addition of Caleb Johnson to solidify the middle plus Keontra Smith being up to 230 lbs and being better equipped to be more physical are starting points. Add a fully healthy Waynmon Steed, Chase Smith getting his opportunity and a talented freshman duo in Wes Bissainthe and Thomas Davis who will both get better and better to go along with the veteran Corey Flagg who is steady instinctive and always in the right spot. Take all that with Charlie Strong as the LB coach and the benefit of playing in a real scheme that doesn't leave the LBs hung out to dry and you have the foundation for significant improvement.

The defense as a whole will be significantly improved because of the DL and the secondary. Now if this LB corps develops then the defense has the opportunity to be elite. Coaching really does make a huge difference.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
DL
LB
OL

The DL has a couple of solid very coaches plus JT in an "off-field" role. Incredible. Scheme will be much more disciplined. But more importantly, there was a huge influx of versatile talent on the DL. I am expect this to be the strength of the defense, and maybe even the entire team (after TVD).

Even if every LB were the same and showed zero growth, they'd still make my top 3 because of how much I expect them to benefit from the change in scheme and improved DL talent. Add to this the fact the LBs are now receiving real coaching, practicing actual tackling in practice, and we have Caleb Johnson, WB, and a healthy, rust-free Steed, and I think this unit will be much improved. Besides, last year was so bad, even being a C+ LB unit would be a HUGE improvement.

Cristobal + Mirabal alone could get them on this list. Add in a couple of transfers to add size and depth on the IOL, a healthy Jalen Rivers, and a resurging John Campbell, and I think the light turns on for this unit. Overall still lacking depth, but there are at least 6-7 serviceable to "pretty good" options for the OL. They may not be a great OL at this point, but I am expecting them to be in a top 4 OL in the ACC (competing with the likes of Pitt, UL, and Clemson).

Advertisement
Defensive Line
Linebackers
Secondary
Offensive Line
Wide Receiver
Running Back
Tight End

I'll go with
Defensive Line. Coach Salavae' has a unit that goes 12 deep and will come in waves. This is an extremely versatile group that will stop the run and rush the passer.

Secondary. Coach Addae works his magic once again. Both Cornerback and Safety are deep, talented and versatile(there's that word again).

Offensive Line. Mirabal and Cristobal will have this unit playing up to it's potential. Depth is a concern but this unit will be much improved.

Linebacker. This is my dark horse for most improved. This is a gut feeling based on a few factors. The addition of Caleb Johnson to solidify the middle plus Keontra Smith being up to 230 lbs and being better equipped to be more physical are starting points. Add a fully healthy Waynmon Steed, Chase Smith getting his opportunity and a talented freshman duo in Wes Bissainthe and Thomas Davis who will both get better and better to go along with the veteran Corey Flagg who is steady instinctive and always in the right spot. Take all that with Charlie Strong as the LB coach and the benefit of playing in a real scheme that doesn't leave the LBs hung out to dry and you have the foundation for significant improvement.

The defense as a whole will be significantly improved because of the DL and the secondary. Now if this LB corps develops then the defense has the opportunity to be elite. Coaching really does make a huge difference.
Yea those are the 3 I would pick. I also still think WR is gonna surprise some people.

Defensive Line
Linebackers
Secondary
Offensive Line
Wide Receiver
Running Back
Tight End

I'll go with

Defensive Line is getting some ❤️ love

Screenshot_20220901-164859_Opera.jpg

Advertisement
Back