What went wrong with Canes Hoops? D$, Peter and 247’s Luke Chaney discuss

View as article

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator

Miami followed up the two greatest seasons in Canes Hoops history with a 15-17 record and a second-to-last place finish in the conference. What happened? 247’s Luke Chaney joined Peter and I on the CanesInSight Daily Podcast to discuss:

DMoney: Luke, what went wrong?

Chaney: On paper, this team should have worked. This team made sense just looking at the starting five. They didn't gel at all offensively or defensively. This team lacked the leadership that Jordan...

Continue reading...

Advertisement
Some good stuff and promising in many ways; thanks for the presentation. I didn't hear any mention of arriving ball-handling, = PG, which we seem to need so badly... another year of that role being Benz doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy. Maybe the portal will offer treasure here.

One thing I’ll add that I don’t think you guys mentioned - this team had ZERO fight or heart. Look at what NC state is doing in the ACCT after coming in with 4 straight L’s.

This was the softest, laziest, most selfish L team he’s ever had. Not sure if there was trouble in the locker room or what, but it didn’t match the personality of most of his prior teams at all.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back