What we all feared happened

TrueFloridian

Sophomore
I truly believe we all expected to beat Duke tonight. We weren’t sure about covering the spread at 8 but we’d likely win. I’d say most of us thought there was a 25% chance or less we’d actually lose the game.
The real part now is that we all know now Richt is done. Not just the hard core fans, the players, the recruits, everyone. Seriously, Anyone defending CMR at this point might as well say Dorito should be back.
CMR just lost to DUKE at home with no scholarship reductions. This wasn’t some fluke either. Any UM team ever should be able to line up and run it down DUKES throat in the rain. Richt called passing plays every time Perry was in the game. He had no idea what he was doing with any confidence flip flopping QBs multiple times in the same game. I literally called 14 plays straight on offense after consuming numerous alcoholic beverages.
The one positive I feel now is that the new BOT won’t put up with the BS we’ve seen in the past. I have no reason to believe Blake will step up quickly since he was so fast to jump on Richt in the 1st place. However, This is now his defining moment as AD.
The conversation is pretty simple. Mark you either hire one of these guys I’m naming as an OC or you become football czar and we hire an energetic young HC.
If James doesn’t have those balls then I fully expect Vilma, Marcus, etc to light a fire with the rest of the BOT. Again, this is the only time I can ever say the peeps in charge will actually do something about the failure. This won’t be a Donna situation. I’m confident Richt will hire an OC or retire this season. It will happen fellas. I don’t believe the BOT will put up with some yes man nepotism at OC either.
Go Canes!

Advertisement
I pray you’re right. This is inexcusable. We have a very real possibility of losing 6 straight games and finishing the year bowl ineligible. That would mean going 2-10 against our last 12 P5 opponents. That is hideous by anyone’s standards let alone at UM

I pray you’re right. This is inexcusable. We have a very real possibility of losing 6 straight games and finishing the year bowl ineligible. That would mean going 2-10 against our last 12 P5 opponents. That is hideous by anyone’s standards let alone at UM
That’s exactly what I’m saying. Any rational person can’t say this can continue another season. I would t be surprised if changes happen sooner than later. Richt was Al Folden defensive this past week. What can he possibly follow that up with this week? The rain hurts us?

Even hiring the best OC available will not fix Miami's problems or make Miami an elite team again. RICHT HAS TO GO

At this point I don't want richt anywhere near the football program or athletic dept. Not a HC, not a director of football operations, not a future AD, NOTHING. He's a cancer to the program

Advertisement
Even hiring the best OC available will not fix Miami's problems or make Miami an elite team again. RICHT HAS TO GO
You’re probably right. I’m still not completely on board with CMR has to go yet. It depends on how flexible he really is. If Blake was part of the let’s keep it cheap and hire your yes men then maybe not. If he’s adamant about keeping together his underqualified staff that a new OC doesn’t like then that’s another story. The changes that need to happen are obvious to us all. It’s up to CMR whether he extends his stay or not. I think he has a special talent as high level recruiter and that’s very valuable.

I truly believe we all expected to beat Duke tonight. We weren’t sure about covering the spread at 8 but we’d likely win. I’d say most of us thought there was a 25% chance or less we’d actually lose the game.
The real part now is that we all know now Richt is done. Not just the hard core fans, the players, the recruits, everyone. Seriously, Anyone defending CMR at this point might as well say Dorito should be back.
CMR just lost to DUKE at home with no scholarship reductions. This wasn’t some fluke either. Any UM team ever should be able to line up and run it down DUKES throat in the rain. Richt called passing plays every time Perry was in the game. He had no idea what he was doing with any confidence flip flopping QBs multiple times in the same game. I literally called 14 plays straight on offense after consuming numerous alcoholic beverages.
The one positive I feel now is that the new BOT won’t put up with the BS we’ve seen in the past. I have no reason to believe Blake will step up quickly since he was so fast to jump on Richt in the 1st place. However, This is now his defining moment as AD.
The conversation is pretty simple. Mark you either hire one of these guys I’m naming as an OC or you become football czar and we hire an energetic young HC.
If James doesn’t have those balls then I fully expect Vilma, Marcus, etc to light a fire with the rest of the BOT. Again, this is the only time I can ever say the peeps in charge will actually do something about the failure. This won’t be a Donna situation. I’m confident Richt will hire an OC or retire this season. It will happen fellas. I don’t believe the BOT will put up with some yes man nepotism at OC either.
Go Canes!

You guys crack me up. First, who in their right mind thought we were beating Duke?!? did you not watch the last 2 games we played? Or the whole season for that matter. Second, nobody in the UM administration is forcing MR to do anything.Blake Flames just extended this fool until like 2024. Third, We have much bigger issues than just play calling. Our O Line is pathetic and their coach is ****t. Special Teams is arguably the worst in program history. We have some soft *** players on the team, not all of them, but enough to sabotage the team. Fourth, our QB coaching and development is non-existent. I mean, it's like a negative right now. We would be better off not coaching the QBs all week and just putting them out there every Saturday and tell them to play backyard ball..I could go on, but I'm tired.

You guys crack me up. First, who in their right mind thought we were beating Duke?!? did you not watch the last 2 games we played? Or the whole season for that matter. Second, nobody in the UM administration is forcing MR to do anything.Blake Flames just extended this fool until like 2024. Third, We have much bigger issues than just play calling. Our O Line is pathetic and their coach is ****t. Special Teams is arguably the worst in program history. We have some soft *** players on the team, not all of them, but enough to sabotage the team. Fourth, our QB coaching and development is non-existent. I mean, it's like a negative right now. We would be better off not coaching the QBs all week and just putting them out there every Saturday and tell them to play backyard ball..I could go on, but I'm tired.
I agree with most of what you’re saying. We expected to beat Duke though man. The positive from this is the higher ups will take action that we’ve wanted but never saw in the past.

I agree with most of what you’re saying. We expected to beat Duke though man. The positive from this is the higher ups will take action that we’ve wanted but never saw in the past.

I honestly felt that Duke was a coin flip on who won. Duke is well coached, with a decent QB, and some talent on the team. We lost to UVA so, I definitely thought that losing to Duke was a possibility/likelihood. These kids have given up...

Advertisement

If Rick hands over play calling and clock management duties to Yost or Briles and gets a legit OL and ST coach, it fixes 95% of the problems. He will do none of these things, of course.

I honestly felt that Duke was a coin flip on who won. Duke is well coached, with a decent QB, and some talent on the team. We lost to UVA so, I definitely thought that losing to Duke was a possibility/likelihood. These kids have given up...
No doubt I’d take Duke’s qb over what we put on the field. We have much better talent though buddy. It shouldn’t have been a game. The kids have laid down to an extent...not FSU bad but we’re getting close.

Let richt get 2-3 more years so he can get his recruits in here. A guys loses twice and you call for his head that is ridiculous. So when we bring a new guy in next year and he loses a few games gonna call for his head too??? Who cares if we are mediocre right now that will change

Duke doesn't have a talented defense but it is well coached and can be effective when it knows what to expect. For example, Duke has quietly been giving Georgia Tech fits. They have won 4 of the last 5 -- all as underdog -- and the one defeat was a fortunate Georgia Tech win by 3 points as 6.5 point favorite.

I did think about that this week, given how predictable and limited Richt's offense has become. Duke was probably laughing while watching film.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back