What we’re hearing about Miami Hurricanes players and which have impressed the most

That is the same way I see him plus Roberts is a significantly better overall athlete and a more gifted natural pass rusher.

One of the things that I find most exciting about our program right now is the depth we are building. Right now that depth is excellent across the DL. Let's take a quick look of what is yet to come....

Elijah Roberts
Chanz Williams
Cam Williams
Quinten Williams
Leonard Taylor
Jared Harrison Hunte
Jafari Harvey
Jabari Ishmael
Thomas Davis
Savion Collins

This my friends, is the future of the defensive line!

All coming soon to a quarterback near you!
I agree, but you missed a couple miller, and nesta i believe ford comes back maybe even roche and phillips if they do it will be unfair.

Advertisement
Can’t wait to see what the new guys on the roster do.

I seem to recall one year ago around this time word leaked out that we were all gonna be really surprised and impressed with Zion Nelson.

Also, the scheme makes a world of difference. Our OL was set up to fail last year. A bunch of young, inexperienced linemen asked to play in a compressed space and hold blocks long enough to allow slow-developing plays to occur. Even our running plays were often slow-developing delayed handoffs. Spreading out the offense and having quick hitting plays, which seems like what Lashlee will be calling, would make a big difference in the line's effectiveness even if the individual players didn't get any better during the offseason.

Yes. I think this is how everyone who knows this offense feels. This scheme definitely helps out an OL who may be a little deficient in holding blocks for long periods of time. No scheme makes an OL irrelevant, obviously. If you have 5 turnstiles, you're not going to be successful, I don't care what plays you call. But I think King's athleticism combined with Lashlee's scheme combined with literally every single lineman coming back...it's GOT to be better than last year. Will it be a main strength of the team? Most likely not. But again, with the things I mentioned, if we can just get to having an average OL I think the offense can be miles better than what we've seen the last few years.

Much of it starts with how good D'Eriq King is, though.

Yes. I think this is how everyone who knows this offense feels. This scheme definitely helps out an OL who may be a little deficient in holding blocks for long periods of time. No scheme makes an OL irrelevant, obviously. If you have 5 turnstiles, you're not going to be successful, I don't care what plays you call. But I think King's athleticism combined with Lashlee's scheme combined with literally every single lineman coming back...it's GOT to be better than last year. Will it be a main strength of the team? Most likely not. But again, with the things I mentioned, if we can just get to having an average OL I think the offense can be miles better than what we've seen the last few years.

Much of it starts with how good D'Eriq King is, though.
Exactly. Just moving our OL performance to average from being one of the worst in college football, would have added at least 2-4 more wins last year. Now, that same OL has more experience, are in better shape, and has the addition of the Houston transfer, Jarrid Williams, who is an upgrade for that position as well......all combined with a scheme that will help them out.

Advertisement
Sadly, he's not.

He's better.
He will make his money running the ball, and making the defenses adjust to the run then we hit over the top. Were gonna run to set up the pass. I hope you guys realize this and dont expect him to sit back in the pocket read a defense and make calculate precision passes!!! thats not his game. They're going to blitz him and he is going to make plays, and he will extend drives on 3rd down with his legs. In my opinion fr us to be successful he needs to average at least 8-10 rushes a game.

The real question is how will his OL do in protecting him to allow him to use his talents. King can still be amazing, but if we have the same OL play, we won't see that greatness in GameDay.
Even if the line didn't improve, the scheme itself would make them look improved. Now, with even minimal improvement we should look much better. A good amount of improvement? We could look really good on the OL this year. Remember, Enos played right to their weaknesses, over and over. He made them look worse than they should have looked. I expect a really big jump in regards to OL play this year.

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention Twice Baked Potato Williams at QB sacking himself, making the line look even worse.

Though I am thrilled with the recruiting and talent levels, my real concern remains to be seen, the OL. Though I believe we'll be significantly better, can they hold off top DLines like clemson, ga, baga and osu?
Let's start by holding UAB, then progress to middle of the pack ACC, THEN we talk about the big dogs.

Advertisement
Plenty of new guys to look out for. But I will remind you of what a wise old coach once said, “Potential just means you ain’t done nothin’ yet”.

In what ways tho? I'm genuinely curious as to what u think.
Looks lean and in shape....RJ was doughy af but athletic imo. Being a Giants fan when he has played he's always disrupted the interior.....RJ hand work and first step are low key legit.

Roberts just looks like a guy like him athletic and in good shape and physical. He just looks like that mold of DT....let's see if he can play like it. Early reports saying he's legit so I believe it.

Advertisement
I agree, but you missed a couple miller, and nesta i believe ford comes back maybe even roche and phillips if they do it will be unfair.
I didn't list them because I was talking about the future of the DL but yes the present is pretty awesome as well.

I didn't list them because I was talking about the future of the DL but yes the present is pretty awesome as well.
I mean miller is rs soph so i would add him as da future along blisset and holley.
I undastand bout nesta considering he could leave after this year. And, hypothetically so could miller!

Advertisement
Exactly. Just moving our OL performance to average from being one of the worst in college football, would have added at least 2-4 more wins last year. Now, that same OL has more experience, are in better shape, and has the addition of the Houston transfer, Jarrid Williams, who is an upgrade for that position as well......all combined with a scheme that will help them out.
Having a kicker that could make field goals and extra points would have added 2-3 wins last year!!!!

I haven't seen mama Roberts on here in a long time. Would love to know what she's hearing from her son.
I'm right here! I come on, take a look see and get back off but I'm right here. Pops Roberts @Tellitlikeitis answered the question. He had a great camp and he's doing great in practice! I have been consistently told how great he's doing especially as a freshman.

Advertisement
Back