What was your favorite Non-NC Canes team?

Advertisement
1981, bar none. Went from a non descript group of coal shovelers at the beginning of the year to a team that was as good as any in the country by years end. This is the team that made us all start to think that Howard was as serious as cancer when he said he intended to turn the Miami program around.

Plus 100. Kelly, Danny Miller, Lester Williams, Fred Marion, Mark Rush, Jim Burt, Mark Brodsky, Rodrique .And more. I think DBJ and Kehoe were also on that team. After the long hangover of the seventies all of a sudden you were looking at a Miami team that was manhandling teams every week. Who was the other tackle opposite Williams? He was a stud and had a successful NFL career.

1994....we played too cute and Nebraska Smacked us in the title game....we let that game get away from us.

CJ Richardson, Ray Lewis, Warren Sapp and the rest of those goons on defense were all that

Advertisement
Cotton Bowl team that degraded Texas and racked up 200 yards of penalties. That was, by far, the best team in the country at the end of that season. Randall Hill's 6 shooters in the tunnel still rank as one of the best moments in Canes history.

dammit mane... this... that team was a beast...

94(carlos made me lose my voice that night)
but that 2000 team......maaaaaaaaan....ended the fsu bull**** streak and santana's interview!!!!!!!

'88 squad. 31-0 vs the preseason number one ranked noles is all you need to know. Plus that schedule was beastly, only to be ***** over in south bend over.

1981, bar none. Went from a non descript group of coal shovelers at the beginning of the year to a team that was as good as any in the country by years end. This is the team that made us all start to think that Howard was as serious as cancer when he said he intended to turn the Miami program around.

Plus 100. Kelly, Danny Miller, Lester Williams, Fred Marion, Mark Rush, Jim Burt, Mark Brodsky, Rodrique .And more. I think DBJ and Kehoe were also on that team. After the long hangover of the seventies all of a sudden you were looking at a Miami team that was manhandling teams every week. Who was the other tackle opposite Williams? He was a stud and had a successful NFL career.

+1 on the 1981 squad.

* Larry Brodsky was Wes Welker when Wes Welker was still in pre-school.
* Beating then #1 Penn State in the OB was epic. I was at that game with my dad (RIP).
* We beat uf, FSU, Penn State and notre dame all in the same season in 1981.
* Couldn't go to a bowl game because we were on probation, if I recall correctly.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back