What was your favorite Non-NC Canes team?

Advertisement
I loved the '98 team (I think 98) with Scott Covington at QB and Edge at RB; the team that beat UCLA after the game was moved due to some hurricane. When that team won that game, I knew they were "back".

Easy one for me. 2000. Lots of close seconds, including 81, 86, 88, and 2002.

2000 team is still the most loaded team I've seen, too bad they were screwed.

Advertisement
'88 team was fun to watch, but 2000 team was just as exciting and teetering dominating(soon to be).

'86

Never been more upset after a sporting event in my life than the '03 Fiesta. But my favorite team not to win was that '86 team. Full of characters.

Advertisement
Cotton Bowl team that degraded Texas and racked up 200 yards of penalties. That was, by far, the best team in the country at the end of that season. Randall Hill's 6 shooters in the tunnel still rank as one of the best moments in Canes history.

The 1988 team that got robbed. As bad as the pass interference call was in the Fiesta Bowl, the mythical Cleveland Gary fumble was worse.

Advertisement
The Cleveland Gary game made me cry like a baby, I was only 9. But it also made me despise ND and Lou Holtzssssshh

1981, bar none. Went from a non descript group of coal shovelers at the beginning of the year to a team that was as good as any in the country by years end. This is the team that made us all start to think that Howard was as serious as cancer when he said he intended to turn the Miami program around.

Advertisement
Cotton Bowl team that degraded Texas and racked up 200 yards of penalties. That was, by far, the best team in the country at the end of that season. Randall Hill's 6 shooters in the tunnel still rank as one of the best moments in Canes history.

I'm with you on this one. That team had the nasty attitude of the old Canes and plenty of talent as well.

I was at the Cotton Bowl game and it was the most thorough destruction of a team I've ever witnessed. It had nothing to do with the score. It was the manner in which the beating was administered.

1994....we played too cute and Nebraska Smacked us in the title game....we let that game get away from us.

Between 85-86, 87-88 (the ***** job of Notre Dame), 92-93, 94-95, 99-00 (the ***** job from the BCS) and 02-03 (the ***** job by Terry Porter), we could easily have had 11 championships within 23 yrs. We played around w/ Bama in 93 and got smacked. We played around in PSU in 86 and got smacked. We played around w/ Nebraska in 95 and got smacked. The other non-title/title appearances were literal ***** jobs.

Dang I need to see these glory days again!!

Advertisement
Back