What was the name of the JUCO TE from CA that signed with UM who had hands of stone

LatinCane

Sophomore
When he got here? Does anyone remember? He had a great highlight tape, big dude 6-7 I think. Just never got it together after he got to UM. I think he transferred somewhere else but can’t remember where.

Advertisement
1655526773858.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Hey....y'all quit clowning my boy......
He was a good player. Mercer gets over shadowed because he was sandwiched between Bubba Franks and Shockey but he was a real contributor. But you gotta admit he was a stiff breeze away from following over once he caught a pass (I’m overly influenced by the long pass he caught against FSU in 2000).

From the west end zone I thought it was Mercer who caught the go ahead touchdown against FSU in 2000. Couldn’t tell it was 88 not 86.

Advertisement
Kevin Everett was the first TE I thought of, but knew he was from Texas. The wide open drop at VT is forever cemented in my head. One of the more wide open plays I've ever seen.

Crazy post UM injury with the Bills left him fighting to walk again. Full recovery and I hope he's doing well.

Blake Ayles?

Transferred from USC, not JUCO. Was 2nd rated national TE recruited to USC by Pete Carroll, and connected with Miami through Brenden Carroll.

Had concussion issues, missed 2011 season and retired. Never played in a game.

Advertisement
Back