What uniform combination do you want to see Miami wear this weekend?

Hear me out on this.

Embarrassed Jerry Seinfeld GIF
 
I actually don’t mind those at all. Better than original Adidas fits


I'm going to say this, and I don't care what the "traditional uniforms" crowd has to say.

There are people who object to any curved lines on a football uniform. They want straight, uniform stripes. Period.

I liked the unforms from the early 2000s. And I did not hate the bra strap as much as others do. You can see in that side view picture what Nike was trying to do, the combination of the jersey striping and the pants striping. I think they could have made the striping much narrower along the back and buttocks, and people would not have noticed as much. But regardless, the "hate curved stripes" crowd would have still objected.

To me, the only "why?" striping that I didn't like as much was the jersey we wore the longest, the one after the bra straps and before the final-year Smokes. It just seemed like striping for the sake of striping, it wasn't going for something aesthetic like the prior two jerseys did.

I'm fine with traditional uniforms. I'm also not scared of some well-designed curved stripes on the uniform that evoke winds and smoke and hurricanes.
 
Back
Top