What this run means to the program at large

Advertisement
Has Miami been in the Elite Eight before? Forgive my ignorance.

Team is playing well, but we need to build depth, and have experience mixed in with the portal to win and move on for the future.
Remember last year we were dancing at home because of injuries..
Healthy this year and good things are happening.

Advertisement
Team is playing well, but we need to build depth, and have experience mixed in with the portal to win and move on for the future.
Remember last year we were dancing at home because of injuries..
Healthy this year and good things are happening.
we already have been building, signed four kids in this class, 2-3 open slots to fill with transfers. Kids thinking about transferring only need to see how Charlie and Jordan have flourished to show them how attractive Miami is.

This higher profile for the basketball teams could not come a a better time. We all know football is gonna be much more in the win column. With bball bringing positive energy, makes us look even more attractive to EVERYONE. Coaches, recruits, donors, etc. Heck, I’m upping my donations.

I suspect and hope that the transfer portal will be good to us this year.

Everyone sees what L has done with Moore, McGusty, and Miller.

Winning is contagious.
Well the portal has changed college basketball forever. Two or three of the right players completely changes a roster. There are a ton of outstanding mid major players looking to elevate their game. Miami is a great destination for a year or two.

Advertisement
For next year we're looking at:

Guards
Wong
Joseph
Poplar
Beverly
Robinson

Forwards
Miller
Walker
Casey (Fr)
Watson (Fr)
Jovanovich (Fr)

Centers
Gak
Aire (Fr)

Wong can score, but I'm not sure the rest of those guards have much scoring potential - so a guard capable of scoring is a potential transfer need, maybe at the point especially since Joseph is the only true PG on the list. Hopefully at least one of the freshman forwards (plus Aire) is ready to contribute too. A productive big - like the kid ND got from Yale this year - would be great as a transfer too. Miller is solid all around, and we keep waiting for Walker to make a jump and be a smarter, more consistent player, but I don't know if it's happening. So I see a need for at least two transfers, a PG who can score (like Moore did) and a proven big.

For next year we're looking at:

Guards
Wong
Joseph
Poplar
Beverly
Robinson

Forwards
Miller
Walker
Casey (Fr)
Watson (Fr)
Jovanovich (Fr)

Centers
Gak
Aire (Fr)

Wong can score, but I'm not sure the rest of those guards have much scoring potential - so a guard capable of scoring is a potential transfer need, maybe at the point especially since Joseph is the only true PG on the list. Hopefully at least one of the freshman forwards (plus Aire) is ready to contribute too. A productive big - like the kid ND got from Yale this year - would be great as a transfer too. Miller is solid all around, and we keep waiting for Walker to make a jump and be a smarter, more consistent player, but I don't know if it's happening. So I see a need for at least two transfers, a PG who can score (like Moore did) and a proven big.
Wong may be playing his way into the NBA draft through his performance in the big dance. Enjoy him while we can, he already tested the waters last year, and he will be getting more and more looks as we keep advancing. Maybe he comes back again and proves he can become a top level talent that can take over a game as a true top player next year as a junior, hopefully he will. But I wouldn't guarantee he comes back at all.

What would be nice if Coach L gets back to building on what he had before the BS FBI investigation that crushed our program after years of building it back up. Now with that behind us, and hopefully a Final Four run, maybe that gets us back on the track Coach L was building.

Wong may be playing his way into the NBA draft through his performance in the big dance. Enjoy him while we can, he already tested the waters last year, and he will be getting more and more looks as we keep advancing. Maybe he comes back again and proves he can become a top level talent that can take over a game as a true top player next year as a junior, hopefully he will. But I wouldn't guarantee he comes back at all.

What would be nice if Coach L gets back to building on what he had before the BS FBI investigation that crushed our program after years of building it back up. Now with that behind us, and hopefully a Final Four run, maybe that gets us back on the track Coach L was building.

Totally agreed. I love Wong. I'm just not sure he's there as an NBA prospect and I'm hoping his draft stock will be sufficiently mediocre that he comes back (like last year). Who knows though. He has been great recently. If he leaves then we need serious scoring from the portal, multiple guys.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back