What this means

I'm man enough to admit, I just teared up (again) rewatching the celebration after the game. While Coach is being interviewed they show Reggie and Durand hugging and Durand is balling his eyes out. I'm so freaking proud of this team, and I can't believe this is the same program I used to watch play in front of 1,000 people at the Knight Center, or go 0-18 in the Big East in front of 500 people at the Miami Arena. For those who just jumped on board this year, please stick around. For those that have suffered with me for the last 5, 10, 15, 20+ years, I know you can relate to everything I started this post with.

Now let's WIN THE ENTIRE THING

You and I used to go at it during the Fat Head years ... I was there with you with Popa and Co. watching really bad basketball when I was a student at UM in the late 80's. I played high school ball in North Carolina against teams like Christ School and Laurenburg Institute during the dominance of UNC and Duke on a national level ... I made sure my son watched UM win their first ACC championship today! I was misty as well! It's a Cane Thing!

Advertisement
I remember going to the Miami Arena and watching us fail to come out of a time out and Pitt or BC, can't remember which team, in bound the ball, easy lay up and we lost. Pretty mad that night. Pretty happy today though.

I remember me and a few other dudes forming a group we called the "Hoop Heads". We cut basketballs in half and put mini hoops on top. We waltzed into Hamilton's office and pitched this crazy idea to increase student attendance. Man, all those years of the once a year spoiler possibility, and now this. ******* Awesome. No Words.

Being a Canes fan in NC is great. They all would laugh at our U flag on the house but not any longer. I knew things cganged when Duke beat us in Cameron Indoor in the feeling they felt that they had just beat Miami. Even though we loss the respect was there because they were excited as **** to beat us. AKCANE Lauringburgh coach tried recruiting my kid to that school. He got my number from a local high school coach in Miami who I grew up with that he is friends with.

Now lets go win this thing...

Advertisement
I remember me and a few other dudes forming a group we called the "Hoop Heads". We cut basketballs in half and put mini hoops on top. We waltzed into Hamilton's office and pitched this crazy idea to increase student attendance. Man, all those years of the once a year spoiler possibility, and now this. ****ing Awesome. No Words.

Are you austincane on other sites?

NotSince, Ive enjoyed your UM basketball fandom and comments for many long years on these message boards. This is your best post. What a great team we have this year. Never saw the Knight Center, but I was there for the Miami Arena. There's only one thing left to do now. Win the whole ******* thing.

To see my team finally get to the mountaintop after 28 years of suffering... indescribable. It still hasn't sunk in. We just won the conference title. Wow. Just wow.

The weatherman on wjz picked Louisville to win the final, against the Canes.

Advertisement
I remember going to the Miami Arena and watching us fail to come out of a time out and Pitt or BC, can't remember which team, in bound the ball, easy lay up and we lost. Pretty mad that night. Pretty happy today though.

It was Pitt. I **** near lost it. Didnt know whether to laugh or cry. Never saw anything like it before or after.

I was just sitting here thinking about how my old high school teacher at South Miami Senior High the one and only Mr.**** Hickox would be so proud of his alma mater. He use to tell us story about when he played ball at the U. We all use to laugh as if he was kidding around until he proved it to us. Not only was he player he was **** good. RIP Mr. Hickox

Advertisement
Been watching canes basketball since the late 90s when I was just a pup. I had started playing basketball at age 11-12 and Guillermo Diaz was my hero.

It was Pitt. I **** near lost it. Didnt know whether to laugh or cry. Never saw anything like it before or after.

Worst part? It happened twice that game.

I remember me and a few other dudes forming a group we called the "Hoop Heads". We cut basketballs in half and put mini hoops on top. We waltzed into Hamilton's office and pitched this crazy idea to increase student attendance. Man, all those years of the once a year spoiler possibility, and now this. ****ing Awesome. No Words.

Are you austincane on other sites?

Yep.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back