What this means

Notsince1985

Retired staff
Premium
I'm man enough to admit, I just teared up (again) rewatching the celebration after the game. While Coach is being interviewed they show Reggie and Durand hugging and Durand is balling his eyes out. I'm so freaking proud of this team, and I can't believe this is the same program I used to watch play in front of 1,000 people at the Knight Center, or go 0-18 in the Big East in front of 500 people at the Miami Arena. For those who just jumped on board this year, please stick around. For those that have suffered with me for the last 5, 10, 15, 20+ years, I know you can relate to everything I started this post with.

Now let's WIN THE ENTIRE THING

Advertisement
I'm man enough to admit, I just teared up (again) rewatching the celebration after the game. While Coach is being interviewed they show Reggie and Durand hugging and Durand is balling his eyes out. I'm so freaking proud of this team, and I can't believe this is the same program I used to watch play in front of 1,000 people at the Knight Center, or go 0-18 in the Big East in front of 500 people at the Miami Arena. For those who just jumped on board this year, please stick around. For those that have suffered with me for the last 5, 10, 15, 20+ years, I know you can relate to everything I started this post with.

Agreed on all fronts.

There were a good group of fans that made the journey all weekend for this tournament. I'm assuming a good portion of them were alums or fans of the school, that normally would have travelled for a football game, but not necessarily a basketball game until now.

I remember the days of playing in the Miami Arena.....needing our old-school Cane cards with our social security numbers on them....taking the light rail to the games from campus.

Glory days.....today's students with the BUC have it easy.

Advertisement

223.gif

Seeing Durand that emotional really hit me. Hes been through a lot at UM. Glad he was able to do so much this year, and hope there is a lot more to come to close out his career

This team is a special, classy, unflappable team that is capturing the admiration and respect of the whole country. What a gift this season has been.

Digger Phelps just picked Miami to beat.......wait for it.....Ohio State* in the National Title game.....

Ohhhh boy.....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Digger Phelps just picked Miami to beat.......wait for it.....Ohio State* in the National Title game.....

Ohhhh boy.....

that would work only if Miami wins when an Ohio St buzzer beater to win the game is overruled by the refs.

Honestly, I'd love to play OSU in the Finals. As long as we avoid Louisville. OSU doesn't match up well against us. Larkin would expose Craft. They really don't have any presence down low either.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back