What the true Cane fans want to know ...

Swampcity

All American
Scrimmage observations:
There is excellent talent on this team. The Defense will whip your #$$. We will beat the teams we are supposed to beat. When we go up against a salty Defense, we will struggle offensively. N'Kosi is the QB, has very good timing and velocity in his arm. Seems to know what to do, does not compound a porous OLIne. The demise of Tate Martell is greatly exaggerated. Tate played well, his moxie is evident. Jarren can play, he must learn not to compound mistakes made by a porous OLINE. Will Mallory is a Beast!!

PTP's Offense
1.J. Payton - is a stud
2.W. Mallory - NFL all over him
3.Kosi -------- is the QB
4.KJ Osborn - Can you say "prime time"
5.Cam'ron Harris - PTP!
6.DJ Dallas - Play maker
7.Mark Pope - will contribute, can make big plays
8.Marshall Few - reliable, dependable, catches the ball
9.Zion Nelson - Talent for the future, may be forced to give up redshirt
10.Michael Irvin II - will make plays this year, looks like a PTP
11.Kosi looked good, more impressed when he went against the 1st Team Defense ( He did not compound
mistakes). He took his sack and lived to play the next snap
12.Donaldson and Scaife stood out on the OLine.

Offensive Negatives
a.The OLine, sad to say is a 4 on a scale of 10
b.The 1st Team Defense literally whipped their ***
c.There is no depth on the OLine
d.D. Wiggins is allergic to the football
e. I don't think we have a punt game (Hedley where r u?)

Our Defense is Nasty & Salty
1. Nesta is a PTP'er
2. G. Rosseua is a PTP'er
3. Shaq & Pinckney are NFL ready
4. J. Miller looks the part, needs more reps ( I think we found a hidden gem)
5.The Stricker position is in good hands with #30 Romeo O' Romeo
6. Nigel Bethel showed well ... remember he is just now learning how to play corner
7. DJ Ivey blanketed the WR's, he didn't have to worry ... the QB's never had time to pass
8. #7 Blades will add quality CB depth. If the incoming Recruits can get playing time .. we'll be F##%in
9. No one was able to challenge J. Garvin, just go the other way
10. Patrick Joyner showed out
11.Pat Bethel will be very solid
12.The Safeties performed well ... we will miss Redwine & Jaquez, but not by much
13. Did not see J. Ford, the coaches pretty much gave Trajan Bandy the day off.

Defense Negatives
1. LB Depth
2. LB Depth
3. LB Depth

Advertisement
If Kosi was on NCAA his awareness rating would be 67. Just my observation.
The scrimmage was not a bunch of dots & digits on a circuit board. This is The New Miami. All the QB's had their moments. Kosi and Martell played well. Kosi has separated himself.

Advertisement
The scrimmage was not a bunch of dots & digits on a circuit board. This is The New Miami. All the QB's had their moments. Kosi and Martell played well. Kosi has separated himself.

I disagree. Kosi did not separate himself. If anything Tate proved he could move the ball better. Kosi pocket awareness looks the same as last year. Just my observation.

No idea what you were watching out there. Tate clearly had the best day, by a comfortable margin. The guy just made plays. He makes very quick decisions and goes with it.

I still have no idea whom will be the QB. Williams has the most potential. Perry is still too slow in his decisions. Tate is somewhat limited downfield, he missed a bunch of open big plays. Williams didn't get a ton of opportunities to sling it. IMO the best pass of the day was called a sack and Enos was ****ed. Williams scooted to the left and was barely touched by a DL and threw a 20 yard beautiful pass. Great play.

Advertisement
No idea what you were watching out there. Tate clearly had the best day, by a comfortable margin. The guy just made plays. He makes very quick decisions and goes with it.

I still have no idea whom will be the QB. Williams has the most potential. Perry is still too slow in his decisions. Tate is somewhat limited downfield, he missed a bunch of open big plays. Williams didn't get a ton of opportunities to sling it. IMO the best pass of the day was called a sack and Enos was ****ed. Williams scooted to the left and was barely touched by a DL and threw a 20 yard beautiful pass. Great play.
Put the pipe down bro. If you simply reread your note ... you will see that you are debating the point you obviously are trying to make.

Advertisement
I feel like N'Kosi had the same performance we had seen in his best games today. Nothing we havent seen before. Tate had similar performance success. Jarren did not impress me, but others pointed out he wasn't matched up well with the 1s and 2s. I could not confirm this from the seats.

I feel like N'Kosi had the same performance we had seen in his best games today. Nothing we havent seen before. Tate had similar performance success. Jarren did not impress me, but others pointed out he wasn't matched up well with the 1s and 2s. I could not confirm this from the seats.
You are mostly correct sir. Although, it appears Kosi has improved. He did not toss any int's or place his offense in worse conditions. JDub had to carry his inept OLine against the First Team Defense to begin play. It sort of went down hill from there.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If the o line has injuries or struggles, Tate will be the qb you want in that situation, due to his legs. He had a draw play called for him, gained a couple of yds and on a pass play the middle of the field opened up and he ran for like 17 yds.

Advertisement
Back