what should the depth chart look like come 8/31

And they will both play alot. Brown has more proven production.

I like him, i also really like what Horton showed this spring.
Brown has better skills & is the better WR overall, which is why he has more proven production.

Spring doesn't mean anything, if it did, they wouldn't have brought in SBrown in the first place.

Both will play, one will play more than the other.

Advertisement
Lol how is our front 7 just alright?
1 certified star in Bain. Mauigoa was already 2nd team All-ACC and is returning. Mesidor was an All ACC honorable mention his first yr here, and if healthy is almost certainly going to do that or better again. And we have Alston who could/will as well. If we end up getting that UTenn transfer Baron he'd be another all-conference type player at edge giving us 4 high quality guys there.
Barrow is a an all-conference DT as he was All B10 honorable mention twice, and they generally have better DTs than ACC. Clark may be able to, but that's most likely going to be a result of us winning a lot of games and him likely being a high rep starter. We have young studs littered throughout our DL as well. Then Bissainthe probably steps up and becomes an all-conference caliber player as well.

We have good DE’s but injury history, would look a lot better if we add Barron. DT is not an elite group. The talented players in that group are really young.

Linebacker is Maginoa, who is legit, and a bunch of question marks. Guys can step up, sure, but I’m not counting on anything until they show me something. Blissainthe needs to prove it.

Front seven overall isn’t bad, but it’s not elite either and we’ll need guys to develop and take the next step. It could be better than alright but as of today we don’t know that and it depends on how guys are able to improve their game over the offseason.

We’re talented but young.

Jojo over the human yellow flag machine
human yellow flag machine that has so much passion that weve never had past 20 years... one of our best players and one of the best players in the country..... sad

love JoJo the most too but lets support JG for who he is.... well come back to this thread after we win this year and we look at his stats and see what you call him then

We have good DE’s but injury history, would look a lot better if we add Barron. DT is not an elite group. The talented players in that group are really young.

Linebacker is Maginoa, who is legit, and a bunch of question marks. Guys can step up, sure, but I’m not counting on anything until they show me something. Blissainthe needs to prove it.

Front seven overall isn’t bad, but it’s not elite either and we’ll need guys to develop and take the next step. It could be better than alright but as of today we don’t know that and it depends on how guys are able to improve their game over the offseason.

We’re talented but young.
Okay now compare that to the rest of the conference lol. Not being Elite is different than just being alright. I will 100% as of today we know our Front 7 is better than alright. Our EDGE group is elite imo. DT is good. LB is good.

Advertisement
Okay now compare that to the rest of the conference lol. Not being Elite is different than just being alright. I will 100% as of today we know our Front 7 is better than alright. Our EDGE group is elite imo. DT is good. LB is good.
Our front 7 is probably upper quartile, but offense overall is probably #1 in the ACC. Hence why I said offense is great and front 7 is alright. They don’t get the same grade as of today from me, whatever that’s worth (hint, nothing)

To me, the test is can that position group get you to the playoffs and beyond and pull its weight. Offense is a confident YES. Front 7 is more of a “I guess, maybe, if a few things land right.”

DB’s are a resounding NO and may cost us a game or two. That’s just what I think. Should be an exciting year that could go a couple different ways

braxton family values GIF by WE tv

Advertisement
I still think the OL should be as followed...

LT - J. Rivers
LG - F. Mauigoa (Take over LT in 2025)
C - Z. Carpenter
RG - A. Cooper
RT - S. Okunola or M. Bell

QB: Ward/EW

RB: Martinez/ Fletcher

X: Brown/ Horton

Z:George/Jojo

Y: X/rayray

TE: Arroyo/ Cam (blocking purposes

Utility: Lofton

LT: Rivers/samson

LG:Samson/ McCoy

C: carpenter/rivers

RG: Cooper/ Kinsler

RT: Francis/ McCoy

DE: Alston/Bryant

DT:Clark/ Moton

DT: barrow/ Cook

DE: Bain/mesidor

WLB: WB/ Alderman

MLB: Kiko/Popo

SLB: Alderman/chase smith

CB: Porter/ Richard

CB:Damari brown/ Hill

S: Jaden Harris/zaquon

S: Powell/ Markeith

Nickel: Powell-Damari
Bain and Mesidor play opposite sides. They will be your starters at DE.

QB: Ward/EW

RB: Martinez/ Fletcher

X: Brown/ Horton

Z:George/Jojo

Y: X/rayray

TE: Arroyo/ Cam (blocking purposes

Utility: Lofton

LT: Rivers/samson

LG:Samson/ McCoy

C: carpenter/rivers

RG: Cooper/ Kinsler

RT: Francis/ McCoy

DE: Alston/Bryant

DT:Clark/ Moton

DT: barrow/ Cook

DE: Bain/mesidor

WLB: WB/ Alderman

MLB: Kiko/Popo

SLB: Alderman/chase smith

CB: Porter/ Richard

CB:Damari brown/ Hill

S: Jaden Harris/zaquon

S: Powell/ Markeith

Nickel: Powell-Damari
Bro, if McCormick plays a single snap this season that’s one too many. Let him be that “father figure” or “mentor” to the team and call it a day. The only position I’m concerned about on this team is DB. Other than that, I think this roster is built for, and capable of, making the playoff.

Bro, if McCormick plays a single snap this season that’s one too many. Let him be that “father figure” or “mentor” to the team and call it a day. The only position I’m concerned about on this team is DB. Other than that, I think this roster is built for, and capable of, making the playoff.
I agree with you on McCormick I just think we’ll be disappointed and he will play snaps as basically an extra tackle against UF

Advertisement
Bain and Mesidor play opposite sides. They will be your starters at DE.
Bain and Mesidor play the same position, I hope they find creative ways to get them both on the field. But in the base defense I highly doubt they’ll be opposite each other.

Advertisement
Back