What should Miami's class rankings avg?

clg003

Junior
Premium
Taking out of the equation that we bleed orange and green.

What should Miami avg in its yearly class rankings. Understand it will go up and down based on a few factors like class size and needs.

But being in the most talent rich area of the country, having great weather, having a great history, having mediocre facilities, having avg fan support, supposedly having great recruiters (in Barrow, Golden, Coley and Carrol) and being in a great city.

Where do you realistically think Miami should fall year in and year out?

Top 3, Top 5, Top 10, Top 15, Top 20, Top 25?

Advertisement
9-15 is about where I expect it

7 and up is basically a class that is without fault

South of 15 and we've probably missed in some key areas

This sounds like a realistic expectation to me.

I have to think that we are stuck in a rut right now because the NCAA sanctions gave us negative momentum, along with of our poor defensive stats and Golden's bad press on the PSU deal. My hope was that this was going to be the momentum changing year but we still had some things playing against us. Some of these misses like Sony likely wouldn't even have the turned to other schools as early as they did if we didn't have some of these things playing against us. Although I am down that the class didn't finish with a top 5, lets hope we are in the back end of a cycle that really starts to turn the corner next year. If we pull another Top 15 next year I will really be down because we really need some stellar classes to gain ground on our rivals.

Top 3, Top 5, Top 10, Top 15 every 4 year cycle should be expected.

Advertisement
top 10, top 5 when south florida is even more loaded than normal (like this year)

Id agree. In loaded s fla years it should never be lower than 5-6. In down years we should be top 15

This and next are loaded. We didn't capitalize this year so we better next

top 10, top 5 when south florida is even more loaded than normal (like this year)

Id agree. In loaded s fla years it should never be lower than 5-6. In down years we should be top 15

This and next are loaded. We didn't capitalize this year so we better next

think about it, we keep our class from a month ago, we probably 6 maybe even 5. add in someone like Lane, Cook, Sony, or Rudolph and we are top 5 easy

Advertisement
We have the 2nd best class in the ACC.

We have more talent that everyone else in the coastal....so we need to be getting to the ACC title game annually and start winning games. Winning on the field - Recruiting Success.

Miami should have a top 10 class every year.

You have enough talented kids in a 45 minute radius that grew up Miami fans, or want to stay close to home so their families can watch them play, to fill out a top 10 class. Other programs may have facilities, we have a natural local talent pool that's unmatched. We only hit on 30 something % of the elite kids in south Florida and we are around 8-11.

This year it should have been top 5, but normally we should be top 10 no less than top 15. It depends year to year on the quality of the senior class in S FL. This year and next the area is absolutely loaded, we are behind the eight ball in so many categories from fanbase, stadium, and overall resource problems, being in the most fertile recruiting area is the one giant strength, and we must take advantage of that in an efficient way.

Advertisement
Anything less than top 15 classes is a disappointment

You know you have a rock star staff with top 3 classes holding off the $ec ....

We are #10 in Scout, which traditionally has had us ranked lower than others. I don't know what the other sites have us slotted. I am disappointed about some of the South Florida misses, but this is an excellent class.

In terms of rankings, I expect at least a Top 15 class yearly. Top 10 consistently shouldn't be too big of an issue, given the talent base in S. Florida.

However, I'd much rather see the staff get talented players with high potential and develop them. Fill your needs, keep the roster depth where it should be, and land top talent whenever possible. At the end of the day, each year, the staff is going to sign 25'ish players, give or take some. My main concern is that they use those scholarships wisely, and concentrate on getting the kids who can do what they want/need them to do.

We could have the #1 overall class full of 4/5* kids, but if we don't develop them, and they don't fit what we want to do--then you see what some of Coker's teams looked like. Talent and high rankings, but didn't produce at the level they were ranked as prospects.

We could have a class in the 20's, but if we get kids who we can develop and who are hungry to get better...then that's better than having a #1 class.

Advertisement
We have the 2nd best class in the ACC.

We have more talent that everyone else in the coastal....so we need to be getting to the ACC title game annually and start winning games. Winning on the field - Recruiting Success.

What about attrition...and negativity?

should be top 10-20 when our classes are small.. and should be 1-10 when we have good sized classes.. I think the top 5 classes will become more abundant when we're winning again.

Advertisement
Back