What round?

He will be elite at the combines. That will offset inconsistent play. Outside chance at first if he runs a low 4.3 (he’s capable). Most likely 2nd

Advertisement
I figured mid 40’s was his floor. I was literally thinking as low as 45 and as high as 15-20 depending on the combine and team needs.
We're on the same wavelength bruh. I swear to you 45 is where I was thinking specifically but I said mid 40's to be general. If he rips off the best 40 he can after training, a sub 4.3 is what we'll likely see. 6'3" with a 4.28, 4.29 40, 38"+ vert and a strong showing in the combine drills can raise the eyebrows of teams higher than 15 enough for personal workouts. He impresses in those workouts, he could go higher than 15...

He will be elite at the combines. That will offset inconsistent play. Outside chance at first if he runs a low 4.3 (he’s capable). Most likely 2nd
Didnt he run a 10.4 100m in high school? He is also 6'2 ish.. He gonna freak out at combine, thats where he will shine..

Advertisement
2nd. Potentially late 1st in a weak defensive draft. NFL values traits above all else for corners and TC has them in spades. Artie Burns went in the 1st and TC is similar but better.

What’s most interesting here is, three of the top four are 200+ pounds and can play the run. The NFL is putting a premium on CB’s that can tackle and cover, due to mobile quarterbacks.
8A2E3B45-1E10-4448-8715-8BD37C4C09DE.jpeg

Last edited:
Advertisement
We're on the same wavelength bruh. I swear to you 45 is where I was thinking specifically but I said mid 40's to be general. If he rips off the best 40 he can after training, a sub 4.3 is what we'll likely see. 6'3" with a 4.28, 4.29 40, 38"+ vert and a strong showing in the combine drills can raise the eyebrows of teams higher than 15 enough for personal workouts. He impresses in those workouts, he could go higher than 15...
Going top 15 would surprise me but I definitely could see in the 20s.

What round if he committed to us? As high or lower? In this scheme and with Dumph's corching...

would be awful if he goes 2nd round with all the hype he had coming in

could see him going 2nd... maybe 3rd if he doesn’t run well

2nd Rd is awful now?? Cmon now. That's top 60 overall and probably top 5 at his position. That's still elite

He goes in the 20-45 range if he had the combine we all expect him to have. What’s going to help is a lot of these teams picking in the late first need CB’s. 3rd or 4th CB off the board. It’s the VT kid and Surtain jr and then the next 4-5 guys can all be moved around

Advertisement
I don’t think he’ll get any of those 40 numbers. Not because he’s having an off day, but because I don’t think he’s capable. Though, I’d be happy to be wrong, I don’t think he’s any better than 4.33 and may run between that and 4.43 (or 4.38, +/- .05). Above that he had an off day.

Trindon Holliday ran 4.34 at the combine. His 100m PB is 10.00.
Kermit Whitfield ran 4.44 at the combine.
Tyreek Hill ran 4.29 at the combine
Ted Ginn 4.37 and 4.45 at his Pro Day. (Claims he’s run as fast as 4.28)

History says that most kids DON’T get faster after a football S&C program. But, more importantly, low 4.3’s is **** fast. It’s no slight to run low-4.3’s. 4.2’s … another level of speed. I wouldn’t be surprised if Schwartz doesn’t run sub-4.3. Now Schwartz is more capable, but sub-4.3 is different speed.
Oh I agree that he'll probably run something in that range(love him at sub 4.4). But what I will say is I believe he has enough natural speed to be capable of sub 4.3. He's got enough to fit comfortably in that group. Funny you mention Ant because he was the greyhound to cuz's electric rabbit for a loooong time. Actually from 1st grade until Ty dislocated his ankle in a playoff loss their 10th grade year. The following track season is when Anthony Schwartz: International Track Star was born. No ankle injury and it's safe to assume he's running 10.2 in the 100 as a sophomore also. If you asked Ant if lil cuz can crack the 4.2's he'd likely say yeah. All of the cats you named actually loved track. When I tell you Ty could give **** one about track, trust that. 10.38/100M & 20.8/200 while getting faster for football, that's all he saw track as. Long story short, after training with elite guys for 2 months to specifically run the 40, sub 4.3 is reachable...

2 easy. Could test into the 1st.

I think he put out some bad coverage tape at times this year that will drop him to 2nd.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back