What position does Jobe play?

Hurricane23

Sophomore
Premium
Corner or Safety? I see rivals has him as a safety and 247 he's at corner. He kind of reminds me of Deon Bush.

Advertisement
Corner or Safety? I see rivals has him as a safety and 247 he's at corner. He kind of reminds me of Deon Bush.

He can play both and he's more talented than Deon. I think he can be lockdown at cb and be phenomenal at free safety as well

His skillset also somewhat reminds me of Deon Bush. Which is funny because I preferred Deon at CB and prefer Jobe at Safety. Like Deon, I think Jobe can ultimately excel at either position (especially with good coaching). I just think that he doesn't have quite the hips and fluidity of some of our other CB prospects (Ivey, Blades, Campbell, etc.). He seems to have amazing range and closes on the ball--whether in the air or the ball carrier--like a monster.

I won't be too worried as to which position he ends up at. It may largely depend on whoever else is on our roster.

His skillset also somewhat reminds me of Deon Bush. Which is funny because I preferred Deon at CB and prefer Jobe at Safety. Like Deon, I think Jobe can ultimately excel at either position (especially with good coaching). I just think that he doesn't have quite the hips and fluidity of some of our other CB prospects (Ivey, Blades, Campbell, etc.). He seems to have amazing range and closes on the ball--whether in the air or the ball carrier--like a monster.

I won't be too worried as to which position he ends up at. It may largely depend on whoever else is on our roster.
As a prospect jobe is on a different level than Deon. He should be a 5 star top 20 in the country
https://youtu.be/F78NP3OS8zk

Last edited:
Of our DBs committed or projected to commit, most seem to be capable of excelling at either CB or S. Only Ivey is strictly CB and Russell strictly S.

Frierson seems like a S to me, but apparently the staff likes him at CB. Blades is labeled as a CB, but some say he could be even better at S.

Advertisement

As a prospect jobe is on a different level than Deon. He should be a 5 star top 20 in the country

I actually think Deon may have been the better CB prospect (always wanted him there). But I do believe Jobe is the better Safety prospect. But, there are no definitives in this. I'm speculating based on seeing limited action and extrapolating it, just like you are.

Of our DBs committed or projected to commit, most seem to be capable of excelling at either CB or S. Only Ivey is strictly CB and Russell strictly S.

Frierson seems like a S to me, but apparently the staff likes him at CB. Blades is labeled as a CB, but some say he could be even better at S.

I definitely prefer Frierson at Safety and hope the coaches sort that out. I'd actually be mildly upset if he's not at safety

I actually think Deon may have been the better CB prospect (always wanted him there). But I do believe Jobe is the better Safety prospect. But, there are no definitives in this. I'm speculating based on seeing limited action and extrapolating it, just like you are.

To me he has a higher ceiling than Deon. Jobe is looking to score with the ball every chance he get in the secondary and can hit

I definitely prefer Frierson at Safety and hope the coaches sort that out. I'd actually be mildly upset if he's not at safety
Same I think frierson is a free safety

Advertisement

To me he has a higher ceiling than Deon. Jobe is looking to score with the ball every chance he get in the secondary and can hit

I agree on that with Jobe at Safety. I still think Deon would have been a first round pick had he been a college CB (being coached up) in a defense that allowed him to play press coverage. All just speculation and projection. They definitely have similarities beyond just attending the same HS.

Yeah Frierson at FS jobe at SS....idk how physical jobe is though.

I was all for Jobe being a lockdown "field" corner but after seeing those highlights I see why people say he will start out at FS. I see alot of Haha Clinton Dix in him.

As far as the Jobe/Bush comparisons, maybe the CCHS alums can chime in but Jobe looks like he is a better overall athlete then Bush was and Bush was a pretty good athlete in his own right.

Somebody has to play DB because we cant have Jobe/Frierson/Hall/Russell all playing S. Thats putting too much pressure on Ivey/Blades/Campbell (hopefully) to not bust. Either Jobe or Frierson will be at DB. Lets see if Frierson has worked on his DB skills when he comes to Paradise camp this year. He looked awful last year and from what Pete said the coaches want Frierson at DB.

This is all a great problem to have btw. LOL.

Yeah Frierson at FS jobe at SS....idk how physical jobe is though.

Hall at strong or free safety. Thing about him is that he is great in coverage and being physical. Probably can play closer to the los like jaquan. Russell can play close to the los too.Campbell on one side, jobe on the other with blades(or at free safety) and Ivey behind them.

Advertisement
IMO safety.

SeanTaylorMiami JOBE1novisor copy.webp

Advertisement
dont ever compare jobe to bush ... while deon was str8. made good plays vs fsu , i can respect that but jobe is way better and forsure will be .. deon at sometimes looked like a fool missing tackles but deon was one of our better safeties the last 8 years .. respect to deon but jobe is elite

I'm going to betray my ignorance of football concepts, but what qualities makes one better suited to be a corner or a safety? Is it based on the system we run, or is it more basic than that? Thank you!

dont ever compare jobe to bush ... while deon was str8. made good plays vs fsu , i can respect that but jobe is way better and forsure will be .. deon at sometimes looked like a fool missing tackles but deon was one of our better safeties the last 8 years .. respect to deon but jobe is elite

This.... Deon has been one of my favorite canes and he ALWAYS reps the canes everywhere he goes but jobe elite to me

Advertisement
Back