What Nick Saban said about Miami after the game.

Advertisement
Y'all are delusional if you think Nick Saban conceded the match and took his foot off the gas after halftime despite still having all his starters in the game including his starting QB until 4 min was left in the 4th.
Having starters in the game and taking his foot off the gas have nothing to do with each other.
We had the starters in the entire second half against Nebraska and we clearly took the foot of the gas the entire second half (just an example)
Taking the foot of the gas is about how they called the game not if the starters were in or not.

Exactly. He has no mercy. He’d love to tell recruits he won by 70
Manny like usual made adjustments at halftime. I don’t get it. He’s
always stronger after the half
I don't know if Saban took his foot of the pedal or not. I do know you can't determine that by whether or not thr starters are still in in the fourth quarter. But lets be honest....Saban doesn't need to hang 70 on us to recruit against us. We don't even register as a real competitor.

Last edited:
This is accurate. We got raped up front. We will never compete until we fix this. Recruiting failure after recruiting failure in this regard will hold us back forever.
One of the things that is apparent year in and year out is the lack of physicality. Granted, Alabama is on another level than most teams, but we get physically outmatched by lesser teams. They aren't physically or mentally enough to compete with some of the better teams. My guess is they'll end up ranked 20 -25

Advertisement
The goat saban

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210905-123354_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210905-123354_Gallery.jpg
    478.6 KB · Views: 3
Exactly, it's a weird narrative people are trying to spin.

It was in his best interest to beat us by 100 so the next time we even sniff a recruit he wants he can just pull up this game on his iPad.
If anyone believes he took his foot off the gas is tripping or just dumb. He’d won by 70 if he could have. He was making a point , he wanted to show recruits how far on a different level bama is than Miami. Miami is one of the schools teams will always try to bury, for obvious reasons.

Lmfao Saban called off the dogs….

Score could have been another 70 burger but adjustments were made and helped a little

Saban kept his first unit O and D on the field pretty much until there was 5 mins left in the 4th

If anyone believes he took his foot off the gas is tripping or just dumb. He’d won by 70 if he could have. He was making a point , he wanted to show recruits how far on a different level bama is than Miami. Miami is one of the schools teams will always try to bury, for obvious reasons.
exactly. our team looked different and alot of it had to do with substitutions. we have younger guys who can play with anyone. our problem is depth and we need a QB

Advertisement
Exactly, it's a weird narrative people are trying to spin.

It was in his best interest to beat us by 100 so the next time we even sniff a recruit he wants he can just pull up this game on his iPad.
Not saying he took the foot of the gas...but lets be honest....does Saban really need to pull up a game on his iPad to complete with us for a recruit?

Where Miami is starting a bunch of “South Florida 3-Stars” is the front 7, and the OL, not surprising they got bullied.

Skill position is where we have recruited stars.

Saban basically calling it for what it is, which I respect. They just out recruit us and that’s the biggest issue to fix

I saw Bama starters in late in this game. They rotate 3-4 RBs so that isn’t abnormal.

2nd half Alabama 17 Miami 10.

Total yards pretty close too.

Alabama players may have not played with same intensity, but the starters played late. Bryce was still throwing the ball in 4th quarter.

“I have a lot of respect for Miami, they have a great quarterback, and a lot of good skill players on offense and defense, our front 7 overwhelmed them and made some great plays, they tested our defense more in the 2nd half, we made a few sloppy mistakes we need to correct.”
His wife got him over telling the truth in front of the media.

Advertisement
Saban knows championships are won on the OL/DL. He's tweaked his schemes a bit over the years but he has always prioritized those 2 position groups.

Miami has not. Maybe the occasional edge guy but DT recruiting has been underwhelming for years and the edge guys are way too small to hold up against OLs like Bama, Georgia and OSU.

Pls say it louder for the ppl in the back.

We’ve not prioritized DT, LB, OL or CB here. Our weakness? Up the gut & on the boundary. At least T-Rob is handling our CB woes, finally, but we’re still struggling w/ DT, OL, & LB recruiting.

I saw Bama starters in late in this game. They rotate 3-4 RBs so that isn’t abnormal.

2nd half Alabama 17 Miami 10.

Total yards pretty close too.

Alabama players may have not played with same intensity, but the starters played late. Bryce was still throwing the ball in 4th quarter.

My man, Bama was literally milking the clock & running the ball for almost 20 mins. That’s the purest definition of taking the foot off the gas.

Every team that has given bama trobuble has done it by passing the ball and opening up passing to loosen the run.. these dudes had 9 months to create a gameplan and they came up with dive plays for cam.. YIKESSSS

What's worse? The game plan? Or that they thought it would actually work?

I'm not sure these guys watch any film at all. We are just going to run our O come **** or high water. Is our O really so dependent on little runs up the middle that we are completely incapable of moving the ball unless those runs work? Are there really no alternatives?

All this crap is going to work fine against App St and most of the ACC but any real top 10 team is going to love those run plays.

This is a sneak peek into the bowl game and dare I say, the ACC championship game.

Advertisement
What's worse? The game plan? Or that they thought it would actually work?

I'm not sure these guys watch any film at all. We are just going to run our O come **** or high water. Is our O really so dependent on little runs up the middle that we are completely incapable of moving the ball unless those runs work? Are there really no alternatives?

All this crap is going to work fine against App St and most of the ACC but any real top 10 team is going to love those run plays.

This is a sneak peek into the bowl game and dare I say, the ACC championship game.
Lashlee comes from the school of Malzahn. When he came on the scene with the HUNH (hurry up no huddle) offense it took college football by storm and put up crazy numbers. Some of the reasons that happened, it was new, foregin and they were the only team running it so your defense didnt see it often enough and have enough practice time for it, plus DC did not know how to defend it and you could run a simple read option and fool an end the entire game becuase they hd no keys or anything to go off just guessing and read option was built on you guessing wrong every time.

But even malzahn in his book said there would come a time where teams would catch up, EVERY team runs spread now, EVERY defense sees it in practice EVERY day, DC have keys and multiple ways to defend atleast the DE and LB have keys/rules and ways to attack teh defense. You could just pace a team back in day (10 years ago, lol) and the defense by 4th qtr was DEAD, and you force them into mental errors. Those simple dive plays were body blows and to set up other things, but the game has caught up. Malzahn was just fired because his O hasnt worked in multiple years and he couldnt find someone to help him evolve.

“I have a lot of respect for Miami, they have a great quarterback, and a lot of good skill players on offense and defense, our front 7 overwhelmed them and made some great plays, they tested our defense more in the 2nd half, we made a few sloppy mistakes we need to correct.”
Have to respect this guy. The Wall Street Journal published a graph that charted colleges by athletic performance and ethics. Miami was in the positive quadrant for both, but not in the elite. Alabama, however, was #1 in both athletic performance and ethics. Compare that to the Big Ten Schools like OSU and PSU that were in the negative for ethics. Pac 10 schools were even worse. Saban runs a classy and successful program. If UM can't win a Championship (or even make the playoff), then Bama is my choice.

Advertisement
Back