What Many Missed From the Press Conference

KevinCaneFace

Senior
I've seen several post about the missing fire or "rah rah" attitude during the Press conference. But make no mistake, part of Mark Richt's genius was on display. The whole press conference was a recruiting pitch. He knew that recruits parents were watching so he spoke about making students successful after football and teaching them to be great men. Almost all of Mark's recruits have one thing in common, the parents LOVED him. The man does have great values but he also knows what he's doing. I was listening to the Press conference while riding in the car and the whole time it was obvious that he is already recruiting.

Advertisement
Sanford01.jpg

I've seen several post about the missing fire or "rah rah" attitude during the Press conference. But make no mistake, part of Mark Richt's genius was on display. The whole press conference was a recruiting pitch. He knew that recruits parents were watching so he spoke about making students successful after football and teaching them to be great men. Almost all of Mark's recruits have one thing in common, the parents LOVED him. The man does have great values but he also knows what he's doing. I was listening to the Press conference while riding in the car and the whole time it was obvious that he is already recruiting.

Then, what the **** was Don Bailey, Jr. doing?

lmfao

Advertisement

Who knows

He knows that he's always selling UM now everytime he opens his mouth - and you are right, he sent love to local HS coaches multiple times which is always a smart thing to do. Caring for players after their eligibility is not a schtick for him and apparently started a program at UGA that supports players who have fallen on hard times, with mentoring, resume-writing and interviewing skills training.

Everyone is worried about whether he has the killer instinct - and only time/rings will tell if he does. But his approach and the things he says are pretty sincere. That's why everyone at UGA and most in the state of GA liked and respected him....even if they hated that his teams usually found a way to trip over themselves during the season.

http://http://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2015-10-14/georgia-football-coach-mark-richt-helps-players-become-more

Advertisement

Yelling into the mic

Who knows

Well, he played center while Mark was QB here. You know, back then every snap was under center. Did DBJ have a smile on his face?

He knows that he's always selling UM now everytime he opens his mouth - and you are right, he sent love to local HS coaches multiple times which is always a smart thing to do. Caring for players after their eligibility is not a schtick for him and apparently started a program at UGA that supports players who have fallen on hard times, with mentoring, resume-writing and interviewing skills training.

Everyone is worried about whether he has the killer instinct - and only time/rings will tell if he does. But his approach and the things he says are pretty sincere. That's why everyone at UGA and most in the state of GA liked and respected him....even if they hated that his teams usually found a way to trip over themselves during the season.

http://http://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2015-10-14/georgia-football-coach-mark-richt-helps-players-become-more

Yeah. He even threw out some love to us banner people when intertwining. Called us passionate.

Advertisement

Yep. And his comment about this being he and his wife's final coaching stop sent a strong message to recruits that he won't be bailing on them should they commit. Stability and continuity is vitally important to any kid who wants to be properly developed for the next level.

Yes I agree. The sound bye I liked was when he said the south Florida high school coaches were "the best high school coaches in country".

Advertisement
Gotta grab that Eason kid. He is a program changer.

Allison is very good...but Eason is special.

Saying he planned on being here until he retires or run out of town is also a good sell to recruits and their families. They know he won't bolt for another job. That is HUGE. Recruits will trust him, which in so valuable. I'm telling you now, the man will just kill it here.

Saying he planned on being here until he retires or run out of town is also a good sell to recruits and their families. They know he won't bolt for another job. That is HUGE. Recruits will trust him, which in so valuable. I'm telling you now, the man will just kill it here.

I agree.
It also solidifies the hire in my eyes as the right one.
Many around here clamoring for up and coming coordinators or young guys who could be successful here for 2-3 years and then bolt leaves me feeling uneasy.

This guy is committed to the U and staying here until they kick him out.

Not blocking for Richt, that's for **** sure.

mark-richt-playing-days-610x445.jpg

Advertisement
Back