What Kind of...

CRAP IS THIS???

"Nebraska week, we were kind of off," linebacker Jermaine Grace said. "It was just more of guys trying to make plays and our defense isn't made for everybody to make a play. It's made for everyone to do their job and one or two guys be there to make the play …They had a good running back, a good quarterback and plenty of receivers, so everybody tried to be Superman and tried to make plays. That couldn't happen against Nebraska. You've got to be focused and you have to be focused in on doing your job and your assignment."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...m-duke-football-0925-20140924,0,6085472.story

How can you predetermine what guys are going to make tackles???? you have to adjust to what they are doing. its call a defense for a reason. defending what the offense is throwing at you? not call plays so that Denzel can make a tackle. what type of crap

Advertisement
This has got to be the first defense in history where they don't want everyone running to the ball and gang tackling :stephenahand:

bangingheadagainstwallbolinKORRA.gif
[/URL][/IMG]

CRAP IS THIS???

"Nebraska week, we were kind of off," linebacker Jermaine Grace said. "It was just more of guys trying to make plays and our defense isn't made for everybody to make a play. It's made for everyone to do their job and one or two guys be there to make the play …They had a good running back, a good quarterback and plenty of receivers, so everybody tried to be Superman and tried to make plays. That couldn't happen against Nebraska. You've got to be focused and you have to be focused in on doing your job and your assignment."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...m-duke-football-0925-20140924,0,6085472.story

How can you predetermine what guys are going to make tackles???? you have to adjust to what they are doing. its call a defense for a reason. defending what the offense is throwing at you? not call plays so that Denzel can make a tackle. what type of crap

It's not the same 1 or 2 guys every play, it's the 1 or 2 guys who the play is run at that need to make the play. When someone who is supposed to have the QB on an option tries to tackle the RB, guess what happens when the QB keeps the ball.

I agree a defense is a complex machine...each cog has turn in the right direction at the right time in order for the machine to function properly...the pitch is the perfect example... it is somebody's job to get QB somebody's job to get the RB...If the hero that suppose to get the RB decide he wants to make a kill shot on national tv on the QB ...he has just corrupted the system and the RB is going down field like a bat out of ****...its a hard thin line sometimes the players instinct to make a play overide his actions to be a cog...

Advertisement
I saw another post about adjustments...but i cant find...but i wanted to agree with him in part....that's one of the most important things for a defense and that is the ability to adjust....but it's hard to make adjustment if you ate not playing according to the plan in the first place. ..we had a kid last year that was a beast but from time to time he would freelance (play outside the scheme) to make a play and every now and the it worked and he was the stud he thought he was...but most of the time it didn't and the results were devastating. ..he was replaced by a kid that was half the athlete but played according to the plan and the result was astounding. ..to be honest at one point i felt the kids pain but after seeing the end results i knew the team was better without his freelancing

Read between the lines, Denzel, Chick, and now even your freshman linebacker is saying that they are freelancing too much trying to make a play. If you have an entire defensive squad with all of your top players freelancing for the past four years, that means the kids do not trust the scheme and hasn't bought in to it. Read between the lines fellas

Read between the lines, Denzel, Chick, and now even your freshman linebacker is saying that they are freelancing too much trying to make a play. If you have an entire defensive squad with all of your top players freelancing for the past four years, that means the kids do not trust the scheme and hasn't bought in to it. Read between the lines fellas

Exactly, They want to make plays and cant because of the scheme we are in.

This idiocy doesn't account for mismatches. It assumes every player can execute their assignment equally well. But players have strengths and weaknesses. We don't play to our strengths, but to control.

Meanwhile, the other team knows our weaknesses and how rigidly we respond, and takes advantage.

The whole point of an offense is to create mismatches, either by athletic talent, or by numbers.

The biggest mismatches are mental. Goldie and his BFF are football illiterates, unable to analyze their flawed philosophy, and unwilling/unable to change.

Fire then now, right now, this second!

Advertisement
The more I think about this logically, the closer I get to the realization that maybe this team plays "assignment" football like coaches want during practice, but then come game time the players are jacked to make a play and freelance so to speak. It's the only thing that seems logical. Our defense just cannot be this bad in practice and then collapse in games. We would have heard about it during the spring/summer but from what I can recall, the defense was getting great reviews.

So the question is, who does this fall on? I'm going to say the coaching staff simply because of their inability to recruit to/coach in their system that just has not worked. IDK maybe northeast kids (Temple recruiting base) are fine running to a spot and waiting for the action to come to them. SOFLA kids are a different animal as we all know. That's on the staff to adjust their system to their personnel. I understand the clouds made recruiting difficult. But these are largely Golden's players.

I'm trying to think of this rationally but I can't help but come to the same conclusion. We need change.

I go back to the tommy moffitt video someone else posted, Im seeing it as a mindset issue right now, and it will not get better, it will fluctuate with the level of the opponent

CRAP IS THIS???

in all fairness I think he is saying the same thing as denzel said...there were too many guys freelancing. not debating the scheme or whether that is right or wrong but either our guys aren't good enough to freelance or the scheme doesn't allow for it. that is my interpretation.

Advertisement

again not supporting the scheme or the staff but I don't think it means this. it could mean our guys think they are better than they are and when they get caught out of position they can't make a play. you don't have to support the scheme or the coaches to support the idea that players are to blame for not following instructions.

again not supporting the scheme or the staff but I don't think it means this. it could mean our guys think they are better than they are and when they get caught out of position they can't make a play. you don't have to support the scheme or the coaches to support the idea that players are to blame for not following instructions.

Common sense doesn't work around here man.

Advertisement
We are never gonna be the 1991 Penn State robotic team that we actually beat on the field. No matter how much these dudes try to make us into that. This is the U and it will look like the U again with or without them!

in all fairness there were too many guys freelancing. not debating the scheme or whether that is right or wrong but either our guys aren't good enough to freelance or the scheme doesn't allow for it.

That's the problem. We have freelancing kids playing in gap control scheme. Why come to Miami if you aren't going to take advantage of its strengths? Speed, instinct & emotion are the 3 biggest attributes a typical Miami kid has... Yet we want to bulk them up, slow them down & take away all of their ability to not think & just make plays. Great idea Corch.

The more I think about this logically, the closer I get to the realization that maybe this team plays "assignment" football like coaches want during practice, but then come game time the players are jacked to make a play and freelance so to speak. It's the only thing that seems logical. Our defense just cannot be this bad in practice and then collapse in games. We would have heard about it during the spring/summer but from what I can recall, the defense was getting great reviews.

So the question is, who does this fall on? I'm going to say the coaching staff simply because of their inability to recruit to/coach in their system that just has not worked. IDK maybe northeast kids (Temple recruiting base) are fine running to a spot and waiting for the action to come to them. SOFLA kids are a different animal as we all know. That's on the staff to adjust their system to their personnel. I understand the clouds made recruiting difficult. But these are largely Golden's players.

I'm trying to think of this rationally but I can't help but come to the same conclusion. We need change.

It seems to me that someone is asking the kids to do things they are not comfortable doing or are not good at doing.

I quit putting it on the kids a while ago. It has been four years of the same thing. It stops being the kids at that point. If what you're doing doesn't work--and four years is enough of a sample size--then do something else.

Lol...have to admit...thats a good one..
Our defense is a highly engineered English sports car, in other words. Broken down on the side of the road.

Advertisement
Back