What kind of reciever is Dionte Mullins?

TrumpCaneFan

Thunderdome
I see what AR15 bnrings, I see what Bruce brings, but what does Dionte Mullins bring?

Been watching his tape. Who does he compare too? What are his strengths? Is he getting early playing time? What's his 40?

Anyone who is familiar watching him play in person tell me what he;s like?

Thank you.

Make Miami Great Again.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
This is a good question and could have been a good thread until it got hijacked by the typical jerks on this board. Is he a big red zone guy, a fast slot receiver,a possession receiver or some combination.

I'm not. Other than that, I think we should build a wall across the state, north of Orlando, to keep the recruits home. The Gators and Noles will pay for it.

My sources tell me he likes to read crime novels, is into cooking and likes quiet walks on the beach.

Known as a sick athlete in SoFla. Scouts and coaches have been raving about his football skills since his frosh year if not before. I remember threads popping up about him in '12 or '13 because of how well he played at both WR and CB. Doesn't have elite speed, but has great burst and acceleration. Catches the ball with his hands and is good for YAC by just out-athlete-ing defenders.

Advertisement
I think this is a good question due to him missing his senior year. I do not know the answer to it but I hope he is a good one because the other two freshman are quality pick ups.

I spoke with Mullins at the WPB scrimmage. Very impressed with him. Legit 5'11 185 pounds with very long arms and very athletic looking. also he is very mature and will turn 20 years old during 2016 season.

By the way he told me he was squared away with his academics and I believe him. He looks hungry and wants to make impact right away.

As far as his ratings. #34 receiver in country according to 247 and top 200 player. He does not have elite speed, around a 4.6 guy, but has excellent acceleration with very good hands and very athletic. I believe he will make bigger impact then both Richards and Bruce his freshman year. I believe Richards is the most talented but coley will get most of the looks this year and bruce is a great slot but he will have to beat out berrios. Nobody receiver on our team can do what mullins can do which is attack the ball and take it away from the defender and then use his quick burst to make a 10 yard gain into a 25 yard gain. He is not going to blow by anybody, but he will thrive under kayaa, since he does not need separation to make plays and kayaa is very accurate. icompare hime to chambers from dolphins 15 years ago.

As far as comparison, how about a guy like Randall Cobb? Similar height, but both play like bigger WRs because they know how to use their body to get themselves into a better position to catch the ball. Neither guy is a burner, but both are playmakers with the ball because they see the field well and have that RB mentality when they get it.

Bottom line we have some dynamic receivers coming in to add to our talented pieces on offense. I'm excited for that

Advertisement
Strong athletic reciever with big hands able to catch balls in traffic at its highest point. Exceptional speed able to line up oustide with enough quickness to play slot. Off the top of my head he kinda reminds me of Emmanuel sanders.

Is Mullins even going to qualify? Difficult to contribute from Mt Union Military Academy because he doesn't meet the minimums for athlete academic entrance.

[video=youtube_share;NBzBX5iwJoc]http://youtu.be/NBzBX5iwJoc[/video]

[video=youtube_share;ToV9rNEJFGo]http://youtu.be/ToV9rNEJFGo[/video]

Hopefully those highlights help answer the OP's question.

Go Canes

Advertisement
[video=youtube_share;NBzBX5iwJoc]http://youtu.be/NBzBX5iwJoc[/video]

[video=youtube_share;ToV9rNEJFGo]http://youtu.be/ToV9rNEJFGo[/video]

Hopefully those highlights help answer the OP's question.

Go Canes

Redwine in the second video getting disrespected

Advertisement
Back