What is the U, really?

imurcane

Banned
Banned
Why would a head coach want to come to Miami? We had Larry who was a solid OC, but terrible roster manager/recruiter head coach. We had Randy who was a solid DC that recruited well, but didn't seem to have the people skills or flexibility to win. Was it his attention to detail? Lastly, we had Al. I think he recruited better than Randy and Larry, but let far too many home grown kids get away.

How much of our recruiting choices were Al and the staff? Admin? Local players, coaches, and family? We saw that we cheated with mister Ponzi, and it didn't help. We have tough academics, but there are plenty of schools with tough standards. I will concede that those schools aren't perennial powers, but they also don't have the fertile recruiting territory we have!

Stadium, facilities, academics, and salaries are all excuses. We play in a ****** conference.

I think of our coaching search in webs!

Meyer, Saban, Harbaugh, Snyder, Carrol are all on that elite level . . . we will never get them . . . unless Jimmy Johnson decided to give alms!

Next Malzon, Stanford HC (i think), Briles

Next level would be Whittingham (Utah, right) Miles, Richt, Oregon HC

Holgrem, Rodriguez, Franklin, Butch Jones, Cutcliffe

My list is fluid. I do think generally it is pretty on the money or I wouldn't have said!

What I don't understand is why we haven't been able to attract some better coaches. Part of the allure of facilities is to recruit players. You tell me, are we losing SFLa kids bc of our facilities? We play in a weak conference, so ability to win quickly is there! Salary is important. Lets talk salary. If AG were to have had the success Jumbo has had, what would he be making now? Florida doesn't have a state income tax. How much does that help? Im a teacher, I would switch districts for $10k more. If I were a HC would I take 1 million to win when I could make 4 elsewhere? No! Would I start with 2-3 with an opportunity to increase with winning? Yes!

Are we a stepping stone or destination job? I think it depends on the coach. I would say Michigan is destination . . . I expect Harbaugh to leave within 5 years.

Advertisement
Why would a head coach want to come to Miami? We had Larry who was a solid OC, but terrible roster manager/recruiter head coach. We had Randy who was a solid DC that recruited well, but didn't seem to have the people skills or flexibility to win. Was it his attention to detail? Lastly, we had Al. I think he recruited better than Randy and Larry, but let far too many home grown kids get away.

How much of our recruiting choices were Al and the staff? Admin? Local players, coaches, and family? We saw that we cheated with mister Ponzi, and it didn't help. We have tough academics, but there are plenty of schools with tough standards. I will concede that those schools aren't perennial powers, but they also don't have the fertile recruiting territory we have!

Stadium, facilities, academics, and salaries are all excuses. We play in a ****ty conference.

I think of our coaching search in webs!

Meyer, Saban, Harbaugh, Snyder, Carrol are all on that elite level . . . we will never get them . . . unless Jimmy Johnson decided to give alms!

Next Malzon, Stanford HC (i think), Briles

Next level would be Whittingham (Utah, right) Miles, Richt, Oregon HC

Holgrem, Rodriguez, Franklin, Butch Jones, Cutcliffe

My list is fluid. I do think generally it is pretty on the money or I wouldn't have said!

What I don't understand is why we haven't been able to attract some better coaches. Part of the allure of facilities is to recruit players. You tell me, are we losing SFLa kids bc of our facilities? We play in a weak conference, so ability to win quickly is there! Salary is important. Lets talk salary. If AG were to have had the success Jumbo has had, what would he be making now? Florida doesn't have a state income tax. How much does that help? Im a teacher, I would switch districts for $10k more. If I were a HC would I take 1 million to win when I could make 4 elsewhere? No! Would I start with 2-3 with an opportunity to increase with winning? Yes!

Are we a stepping stone or destination job? I think it depends on the coach. I would say Michigan is destination . . . I expect Harbaugh to leave within 5 years.

Take a plunger and suck all the crap out of your brain

Advertisement
Back