What is progress?

JimiGerman

Recruit
After reading comments made by AD Blake James, I am left wondering, what is the definition of progress? This word "progress" gets thrown around an awful lot, but neither Al nor Blake seem to want to share their true definition for the word. I challenge the media/beat writers who cover this team to drill this question home in the next press conference. Have them both put their money where their collective mouths are and commit to a goal for next season. That way there will be accountability, checks and balances.

WHAT IS PROGRESS AT THE UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI GOING INTO NEXT SEASON?

7 wins?
8 wins?
9 wins?
10 wins?
ACC Title?

Without an answer to this question, we will be spoon-fed the same narrative at the end of next season and left wondering, what is progress?

Advertisement
The end goal should be to win a national championship and to do that most likely in the ACC you have to go undefeated. So therefore progress should simply be based on wins. Golden bases it off "effort" and "attitude" the typical loser bull ****.

Progress would be continually winning games to me, yet to them it is we got closer to beating this team, and we played hard for 3 quarters instead of 2, and we lost to FSU by 27 last year and 4 this year.

Only losers look at "progress" winners care only about wins and anything else is unacceptable

I think Dan E started this saying last yr after louisville game. Win ACC or gtfo! I'm down with that.

The end goal should be to win a national championship and to do that most likely in the ACC you have to go undefeated. So therefore progress should simply be based on wins. Golden bases it off "effort" and "attitude" the typical loser bull ****.

Progress would be continually winning games to me, yet to them it is we got closer to beating this team, and we played hard for 3 quarters instead of 2, and we lost to FSU by 27 last year and 4 this year.

Only losers look at "progress" winners care only about wins and anything else is unacceptable

I feel the same way. When did almost winning a game or not sh*tt*ng the bed completely become accomplishments to hang your hat on? Almost beating FSU cannot be considered progress, and that is the lone "bright spot" on Al's resume this season. When Al first came here, he talked a lot about the past and wanting to keep the bar set high (expectations of competing for national championships regularly). But now the narrative has shifted and we are being fed this new "goal" of winning the ACC like that is the end-game for this staff that can't even win their division of the crappy ACC. The media needs to get Al to commit to a goal and that way there will be a way to hold him accountable at the end of a season where there was no progress made.

After reading comments made by AD Blake James, I am left wondering, what is the definition of progress? This word "progress" gets thrown around an awful lot, but neither Al nor Blake seem to want to share their true definition for the word. I challenge the media/beat writers who cover this team to drill this question home in the next press conference. Have them both put their money where their collective mouths are and commit to a goal for next season. That way there will be accountability, checks and balances.

WHAT IS PROGRESS AT THE UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI GOING INTO NEXT SEASON?

7 wins?
8 wins?
9 wins?
10 wins?
ACC Title?

Without an answer to this question, we will be spoon-fed the same narrative at the end of next season and left wondering, what is progress?

According to Blake we made progress this year just not in the win/loss column.

They're on another planet.

Advertisement
^ Golden also made a point in his opening presser about having an inferiority complex towards the success of other programs and getting elite players. Now it is apparent that he has the complex, as his body of work is atrocious. This "standpat" mentality that this admin has towards the program is absolutely ridiculous. I know it has been mentioned many other times by other people and do not mean to reiterate, but wtf is going on here? No successful company would be run the way Miami runs their athletic program, especially the one sport that brings in the most money that aids in the allowance for other sports to exist. Everything from the admin is just talk with no substance and it is frustrating and sickening to listen to.

It's not just football either, whoever is actually in charge of firing and hiring and stuff has no idea what they are doing. Besides Jim and what he has done with basketball our athletic dept in seriously underachieving. If Blake or Donna had any clue about athletics you could look at baseball and know something has to be done. They are satisfied with them because they make regionals/supers every year, but you are retarded if you think that last years team didn't have the talent to win the CWS. Jim Morris is clueless. We had 4 pitchers drafted in the top 10 rounds, all conference closer and one of the best offenses in years. That adds up to at least CWS. But they have no idea what is expected and what is success.

What I'm saying is they are satisfied with decent and being competitive instead of knowing that there is enough talent to win conference championships and even national championships. **** even Jim came in and won the acc, with the cloud. Just shows what a good coach can do.

Advertisement
Back