What is ED Reed effect on recruiting?

hall, tae were brought in by banda before reed was here (tae stated reed had nothing to do with his decision and it was the relationship he had with banda). also, banda recruits more than just safeties. hes sent out on all the top recruitments when they need to close
Reed brings credibility in whatever role he is in. Just for Kids to know they will be around the greatest safety ever is appealing to a lot of kids.

Advertisement
Ed's impact on recruiting is he lends credibility & respectability to the staff overall.

A lot of kids grew up watching Ed Reed in the NFL & are aware of how great he is, I mean he's the greatest Safety ever & is a HOF'er so that goes without saying.

What his actual job is, is he serves all purposes, wherever he's needed & he brings his greatness to help out. He does help in recruiting, he does & can communicate with recruits, he watches film on prospects & gives his input on their evaluation in concert with how the staff feels about the prospect.

He'll also serve as a help to the Defense & team overall on a weekly basis in terms of film preparation helping the Safeties & Defense in general by lending his vast knowledge of the game & experience in how to dissect an opponents offense, what tendencies to look for in formations, play calls, personnel & play sequences. He'll give our guys some tricks of the trade in how to bait QB's & disguise coverages in the Defensive backfield & show them how to be better prepared in film study etc..

What his job is, is to just be Ed Reed & having his Greatness be apart of the program elevates what we're trying to do, he also serves as a Big brother to the guys on the team, someone who's been where they have & has the wisdom & experience to help guide them through being a Hurricane.

He deserved credit for how we've been recruiting no doubt, but when people try to give him all the credit that's just inaccurate. The HC, position coaches & support staff deserve the bulk of the credit when it comes to recruiting, because they are the ones on the front lines who are on the phone everyday with these kids & they have the established relationships with the recruits & their family, because Manny & Company don't just recruit the kid, they recruit the parents too.

I can guarantee you Ed Reed is not on the phone Monday through Sunday with James Williams & Kam Kinchens like Banda is. Now, does a FaceTime call from Reed help, **** the fúck yeah it does, but there's more groundwork that has to happen to get a commit from kids like that just one phone call & that's where people who refuse to give credit to Banda or Stroud etc miss the boat.

Yes Ed Reed helps, but don't think he's literally the only reason we're landing Blue chip high level recruits. That's just dumb.
Great post LCE!

I see a lot of people saying the main reason we are recruiting so well is because of Ed Reed? What exactly does he do? He's not a coach and isn't on campus much, so how is he making this big difference in recruiting?
That’s bull****...does it hurt certainly not. But the staff Recruiting deserves its props

Yeah, that's it.

It's definitely not having a first-ballot Hall of Famer and probably greatest safety to ever play the game on your staff.

Rumph and Banda are just coincidentally figuring out how to recruit safeties now.

Totally unrelated.
Just tossing this one out there, but maybe it’s... both? The two aren’t mutually exclusive.

Advertisement
Reed brings credibility in whatever role he is in. Just for Kids to know they will be around the greatest safety ever is appealing to a lot of kids.

he does but he isnt the sole reason these kids are coming. thats doing a disservice to the staff that have been putting in time and effort into building these relationships with these kids and their parents for years. in two cases, bandas relationship with the kid going back years won out.

Yeah, that's it.

It's definitely not having a first-ballot Hall of Famer and probably greatest safety to ever play the game on your staff.

Rumph and Banda are just coincidentally figuring out how to recruit safeties now.

Totally unrelated.
bro they laid the ground with Tae as soon as they got to Miami..they pulled Gurvan who bama wanted..Keontra who plenty wanted..Bandas work on the trail has NEVER BEEN A ISSUE. Does Ed help, for sure. But kids ain’t picking Miami because of Ed..like @Liberty City El said he adds credibility...look at the work DVD and Cooney put in on the trail staying on guys and the relationships Banda and co been building with these kids. Some Like tae and William since they was in the 9th/8th grade

he does but he isnt the sole reason these kids are coming. thats doing a disservice to the staff that have been putting in time and effort into building these relationships with these kids and their parents for years. in two cases, bandas relationship with the kid going back years won out.
And no one ever said he’s the sole reason but it certainly helps, it definitely doesn’t hurt. Banda ain’t the only building relationship with these kids, kitchens dad flat out said he probably wouldn’t have ended up here if it wasn’t for DVD. I say That to say this, it’s a combination of things, all of the guys are putting in work and I’m glad we are winning these battles regardless who gets credit or not. Kudos to everyone

Advertisement
And no one ever said he’s the sole reason but it certainly helps, it definitely doesn’t hurt. Banda ain’t the only building relationship with these kids, kitchens dad flat out said he probably wouldn’t have ended up here if it wasn’t for DVD. I say That to say this, it’s a combination of things, all of the guys are putting in work and I’m glad we are winning these battles regardless who gets credit or not. Kudos to everyone

its all of them but a lot of have been dolling credit to only reed but not the others that put in the work

in hindsight, E REED turned out to be the better hire in terms of the recruiting boost and any development of the players than Zo. kinda glad the way it worked out no matter how messy it seemed

Yes, but a lot of posters would be very embarrassed if someone went back and listed the names of everyone who said Reed was just a glorified mascot.

Advertisement
My guess is Ed Reed is just the icing on the cake, the closer on these kids. These kids already have UM in their interest and I am giving big props to the staff. But my guess is Ed Reed is phone calling these kids and closing them when it’s close to their decision time. Perfect example is Avantae Williams. Now we are pulling in guys like James Williams as well. Again, big props to manny and Banda and co. But Ed Reed is the difference maker between losing these guys to the SEC, Clemson etc and pulling them in

Last edited:
bro they laid the ground with Tae as soon as they got to Miami..they pulled Gurvan who bama wanted..Keontra who plenty wanted..Bandas work on the trail has NEVER BEEN A ISSUE. Does Ed help, for sure. But kids ain’t picking Miami because of Ed..like @Liberty City El said he adds credibility...look at the work DVD and Cooney put in on the trail staying on guys and the relationships Banda and co been building with these kids. Some Like tae and William since they was in the 9th/8th grade

OK in fairness we're both saying it's both. But you can't sit there and say that having ED F%&$NG REED on staff is not a major factor.

Advertisement
We pulling everyone this year with him on staff

tenor (9).gif

Advertisement
Back