What is ED Reed effect on recruiting?

Mackmiller974

All ACC
I see a lot of people saying the main reason we are recruiting so well is because of Ed Reed? What exactly does he do? He's not a coach and isn't on campus much, so how is he making this big difference in recruiting?

Advertisement
Y'all are obsessed with what Ed's role is lol. Just let him work on his time. He's an adviser to Manny and the staff. Think of him as a jack knife who can help in small ways with everything whether it's recruiting, culture, scheme, etc.
Then why are so many people giving him all the credit?

Advertisement
I see a lot of people saying the main reason we are recruiting so well is because of Ed Reed? What exactly does he do? He's not a coach and isn't on campus much, so how is he making this big difference in recruiting?

He is Baba Yaga, and that's all we really need from him.

Advertisement
Then why are so many people giving him all the credit?

I think he counteracts the bags somewhat because he can work with them (that's my understanding anyway), though he can't recruit. You add in COVID-19 and families wanting these kids home...then the idea that they can profit off of their likeness and possibly promote their brand in Miami....3 pretty **** attractive reasons to stay home and tell Clem$on, Alabaga, Georgia or Ohio Taint boosters to look elsewhere.

UM

Depends on who you ask. If you cruise over to a little 30k+ thread called Gator Tears, you'll see that the average UiF fan lives in a perpetual state of fear over Ed "Baba Yaga" Reed, and believe he's dropping off Rolexes and Orange Escalades for every blue chip recruit in S. Fla.

Canes fans, however, know better. He helps with certain kids, sure, but he's not the driving force behind this latest buzz.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Ed's impact on recruiting is he lends credibility & respectability to the staff overall.

A lot of kids grew up watching Ed Reed in the NFL & are aware of how great he is, I mean he's the greatest Safety ever & is a HOF'er so that goes without saying.

What his actual job is, is he serves all purposes, wherever he's needed & he brings his greatness to help out. He does help in recruiting, he does & can communicate with recruits, he watches film on prospects & gives his input on their evaluation in concert with how the staff feels about the prospect.

He'll also serve as a help to the Defense & team overall on a weekly basis in terms of film preparation helping the Safeties & Defense in general by lending his vast knowledge of the game & experience in how to dissect an opponents offense, what tendencies to look for in formations, play calls, personnel & play sequences. He'll give our guys some tricks of the trade in how to bait QB's & disguise coverages in the Defensive backfield & show them how to be better prepared in film study etc..

What his job is, is to just be Ed Reed & having his Greatness be apart of the program elevates what we're trying to do, he also serves as a Big brother to the guys on the team, someone who's been where they have & has the wisdom & experience to help guide them through being a Hurricane.

He deserved credit for how we've been recruiting no doubt, but when people try to give him all the credit that's just inaccurate. The HC, position coaches & support staff deserve the bulk of the credit when it comes to recruiting, because they are the ones on the front lines who are on the phone everyday with these kids & they have the established relationships with the recruits & their family, because Manny & Company don't just recruit the kid, they recruit the parents too.

I can guarantee you Ed Reed is not on the phone Monday through Sunday with James Williams & Kam Kinchens like Banda is. Now, does a FaceTime call from Reed help, **** the fúck yeah it does, but there's more groundwork that has to happen to get a commit from kids like that just one phone call & that's where people who refuse to give credit to Banda or Stroud etc miss the boat.

Yes Ed Reed helps, but don't think he's literally the only reason we're landing Blue chip high level recruits. That's just dumb.

Ed's impact on recruiting is he lends credibility & respectability to the staff overall.

A lot of kids grew up watching Ed Reed in the NFL & are aware of how great he is, I mean he's the greatest Safety ever & is a HOF'er so that goes without saying.

What his actual job is, is he serves all purposes, wherever he's needed & he brings his greatness to help out. He does help in recruiting, he does & can communicate with recruits, he watches film on prospects & gives his input on their evaluation in concert with how the staff feels about the prospect.

He'll also serve as a help to the Defense & team overall on a weekly basis in terms of film preparation helping the Safeties & Defense in general by lending his vast knowledge of the game & experience in how to dissect an opponents offense, what tendencies to look for in formations, play calls, personnel & play sequences. He'll give our guys some tricks of the trade in how to bait QB's & disguise coverages in the Defensive backfield & show them how to be better prepared in film study etc..

What his job is, is to just be Ed Reed & having his Greatness be apart of the program elevates what we're trying to do, he also serves as a Big brother to the guys on the team, someone who's been where they have & has the wisdom & experience to help guide them through being a Hurricane.

He deserved credit for how we've been recruiting no doubt, but when people try to give him all the credit that's just inaccurate. The HC, position coaches & support staff deserve the bulk of the credit when it comes to recruiting, because they are the ones on the front lines who are on the phone everyday with these kids & they have the established relationships with the recruits & their family, because Manny & Company don't just recruit the kid, they recruit the parents too.

I can guarantee you Ed Reed is not on the phone Monday through Sunday with James Williams & Kam Kinchens like Banda is. Now, does a FaceTime call from Reed help, **** the fúck yeah it does, but there's more groundwork that has to happen to get a commit from kids like that just one phone call & that's where people who refuse to give credit to Banda or Stroud etc miss the boat.

Yes Ed Reed helps, but don't think he's literally the only reason we're landing Blue chip high level recruits. That's just dumb.
This right here

However i also think TOC and his Baba Yaga comment applies as well. EReed20 is in the head of our comp, and i love it.

Edit: It's also a match made in heaven. Miami gets all of benefits of having Ed muthaflocking Reed on staff, meaning he can talk to players, croots, families, and all that without being a violation. And Ed Reed doesn't have to have the responsibilities of being an actual coach or support staff. It's great for both parties to be honest!

Last edited:

100% spot on

Advertisement
Back