What is a Canes Fan to do?

Kirijax

Senior
There are so many jumbled thoughts in my head right now that I don't even know where to begin. I've always held the stance that I want to support the team no matter what. Therefore I will support the coaching staff for the team. Golden did help The U through a rough patch with the NCAA crapathon, and he is not a bad recruiter. I've disliked PSU since I was aware of college football so it did irk me when we hired a former Nitts Lion player. But he was our coach so I supported him. That all went out the window with the PSU coaching saga in the spring. I don't blame anyone for wanting to go back and coach their alma mater if they are given the chance, but the way it went down left a very, very bad taste in my mouth. The whole thing just told me that Golden is a PSU guy at heart and would choose that school over The U. One more misstep and I would want him gone, even though he does seem like a genuinely good guy with morals and a very strict idea about what he wants.
But after seeing the first four games of this season, I'm convinced Golden is in over his head at this level. He has no ability to learn, adapt and strengthen his coaching style. It's obvious to anyone who watches the games that they are poorly coached and unprepared. There is no swag and confidence on the field. I'm sure I'm not the only one who watches every single play with my heart in my throat, hoping for the best and fearing the worst. There is not a single game during the season, no matter who we play, that I feel absolutely confident that we will blow the opponent off the field. Losses are no longer surprising and wins are no longer expected.
What's a Canes fan to do? I don't expect him to be fired any time soon. The whole banner idea is a waste of time in my opinion. And I hate anything that brings embarrassment to the school. I want to drop kick the guy who came up with that Candy Canes moniker. ****es me off to no end. But those guys have every right and reason to say those things because right now The U is a shadow of what it used to be. It will be forever compared to what it was from the 80s to early 00s. That's the price for having some of the greatest teams college football has ever seen.
It's clear Golden has accomplished what he was meant to do at The U. He got us through that Shapiro mess and we actually got to see The U stare down the NCAA. That will be his greatest victory here. But unless we get some players who can perform despite the poor coaching, the Canes will be always talking about finally getting that Coastal Division title. Yippee.
To tell you the truth, I am completely frustrated right now. How do I want to go forward as a Canes fan? I'm not interested in banners, picketing, sending the AD emails or whatever. We have some good, some really good players on that team and it is so frustrating to see them not prepared and so badly coached. Time to step back a bit maybe and root for the team despite the mess the team is in, and hope that a coaching change or a miraculous change in Golden's approach to his job. I'm not optimistic though. Rant over.

Advertisement
Enough with the "Golden helped us through the NCAA investigation" narrative.

You guys act like every top flight program in country had extended him an offer to be the head coach of their football program, and he "stuck with us."

In reality, he really had nowhere else to go. He makes $2 million a year. Boo ******* hoo.

I support these players 100% and feel terrible that they have been subjected to such poor coaching.

If anyone out there really still thinks Golden is the right guy, you need to be lobotomized.

Oh and fly that ******* banner.

Enough with the "Golden helped us through the NCAA investigation" narrative.
Why? You have to give him credit where it's due.

You guys act like every top flight program in country had extended him an offer to be the head coach of their football program, and he "stuck with us."
I never said that and wonder who actually believes that.

In reality, he really had nowhere else to go. He makes $2 million a year. Boo ****ing hoo.
Not sure your point on that one.

I support these players 100% and feel terrible that they have been subjected to such poor coaching.
Completely agree.

If anyone out there really still thinks Golden is the right guy, you need to be lobotomized.
They are getting few and far between.

Oh and fly that ******* banner.
Disagree. Banner is pointless.

It all comes down to poor coaching.

Last edited:
Never felt like going over to the dark side more than now.

giphy.gif

Advertisement
Not reading all that.

Show up to games, cheer on the kids. If anything, Dobard, McDermott, and Gadbois among others - showed they care. It's a shame fans will use the Nebraska loss as a reason for an empty stadium vs Duke which is a big time conference game for the team.

Don't have to be a Golden & staff fan. Eventually the results on the field will force the puppet masters to make a move.

Advertisement
There is no dark or light side. There is only winning and not winning. And for too god**** long we've been not winning.

If thats acceptable to the BoT, then hire Maury the Drycleaner to coach and recruit a a team of Regulas and George Robinsons and call it day.

If that isn't acceptable, then get serious, raise the money, and hire some killer coaches.

A smart and likely relatively easy first step, in my opinion, would be to bring Butch back on board.

Just for a moment, substitute Golden for your automobile.

If the damned thing only ran half the times you needed it, no matter how nice the rims, you can't rely on it, and at some point, it gets old and has to go.

If for really big meetings, it only started two times out of a dozen, you'd quickly discount the Pine Air Freshner hanging from your mirror as you can't rely on it, and at some point the non-performance gets old, and has to go.

Golden has to go.

Bring Back Butch.
Reliable as possible at every aspect of the program.

There are so many jumbled thoughts in my head right now that I don't even know where to begin. I've always held the stance that I want to support the team no matter what. Therefore I will support the coaching staff for the team. Golden did help The U through a rough patch with the NCAA crapathon, and he is not a bad recruiter. I've disliked PSU since I was aware of college football so it did irk me when we hired a former Nitts Lion player. But he was our coach so I supported him. That all went out the window with the PSU coaching saga in the spring. I don't blame anyone for wanting to go back and coach their alma mater if they are given the chance, but the way it went down left a very, very bad taste in my mouth. The whole thing just told me that Golden is a PSU guy at heart and would choose that school over The U. One more misstep and I would want him gone, even though he does seem like a genuinely good guy with morals and a very strict idea about what he wants.
But after seeing the first four games of this season, I'm convinced Golden is in over his head at this level. He has no ability to learn, adapt and strengthen his coaching style. It's obvious to anyone who watches the games that they are poorly coached and unprepared. There is no swag and confidence on the field. I'm sure I'm not the only one who watches every single play with my heart in my throat, hoping for the best and fearing the worst. There is not a single game during the season, no matter who we play, that I feel absolutely confident that we will blow the opponent off the field. Losses are no longer surprising and wins are no longer expected.
What's a Canes fan to do? I don't expect him to be fired any time soon. The whole banner idea is a waste of time in my opinion. And I hate anything that brings embarrassment to the school. I want to drop kick the guy who came up with that Candy Canes moniker. ****es me off to no end. But those guys have every right and reason to say those things because right now The U is a shadow of what it used to be. It will be forever compared to what it was from the 80s to early 00s. That's the price for having some of the greatest teams college football has ever seen.
It's clear Golden has accomplished what he was meant to do at The U. He got us through that Shapiro mess and we actually got to see The U stare down the NCAA. That will be his greatest victory here. But unless we get some players who can perform despite the poor coaching, the Canes will be always talking about finally getting that Coastal Division title. Yippee.
To tell you the truth, I am completely frustrated right now. How do I want to go forward as a Canes fan? I'm not interested in banners, picketing, sending the AD emails or whatever. We have some good, some really good players on that team and it is so frustrating to see them not prepared and so badly coached. Time to step back a bit maybe and root for the team despite the mess the team is in, and hope that a coaching change or a miraculous change in Golden's approach to his job. I'm not optimistic though. Rant over.

Try a paragraph, kuckledragger. Here's an example of how to execute it--unless you do us a favor and execute yourself first.

ffwYM.png

For all those guys who have supported Golden and tossed the players under the bus, keep in mind, Golden's job is to get these guys prepared to do theirs. He gets paid millions per year to do that. He is not only doing a disservice to all these kids, program and fanbase, he is ruining these kids careers potentially.These guys end up looking like garbage in this system and fall off of every scouts radar. Guys who under a good coach might go on to solid NFL careers will never see those careers thanks to this coaching staff.

Advertisement
I'm tired of being the laughing stock at work. Fsu fans clowning me in the elevator today because of the loss

I totally feel you on this. Sums up my feelings exactly. The games that we do lose we aren't even competitive in. That's the wort part. WE DONT EVEN CHALLENGE OTHER TEAMS!!!

I'm tired of being the laughing stock at work. Fsu fans clowning me in the elevator today because of the loss

When FSU fans, who have a complete joke of a human being as their star quarterback, are clowning you, it's pretty bad. But clowning....isn't that something they are really good at?

Advertisement
IMO it's not complicated as fan of both the Canes and Dolphins: As long as Sun Life is the home venue, nothing meaningfully positive will happen. That's too big of a mistake to overcome. Look for spots to bet on the road team, like Kansas City today. I mentioned on a Dolphins site last week that I took +4.5. Then on Sunday morning some genius betting group played it from -3.5 up to -5.5 within 10 minutes. I should have pressed the bet but did not.

Bet the road team frequently and always laugh when some moron spends hundreds of millions to patch the place.

Gorlden is a corch. The sooner he is gone the better.

Any and every action that will hasten that day I am all for.

Advertisement
Back