What in gods name are they doing with our DBs

Golden will cut Paul Williams at the end of the year and make him the scapegoat. Then, slurpers will be like, "He's making changes!" DBJ will praise Golden for making the "tough decisions".

Meanwhile, Paul Williams will be unemployed for the next two years. He will be trying to convince head coaches during his job interviews that he was only trying to run Doritos scheme, and that he usually coaches DB's to be aggressive.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Golden will cut Paul Williams at the end of the year and make him the scapegoat. Then, slurpers will be like, "He's making changes!" DBJ will praise Golden for making the "tough decisions".

New DB's coach will come down to Kacy Rodgers and AJ Highsmith.....

I've been saying this for a while now. Our DB's have no idea what to do when the ball is in the air. They are great athletes but it is obvious that they are poorly coached.

These DB's cannot tackle consistently, as a matter of fact most of the players with the exception of Denzel and Tyriq never lay the wood.

Advertisement
These DB's cannot tackle consistently, as a matter of fact most of the players with the exception of Denzel and Tyriq never lay the wood.

I've been mighty impressed in Corn Elders ability to tackle. He's the best open field tackler in the secondary by a wide margin imo.

I've been saying this for a while now. Our DB's have no idea what to do when the ball is in the air. They are great athletes but it is obvious that they are poorly coached.

The had ball skills in HS...

It looks like they never played defense before

I don't even blame the DBS that much....that QB had all ******* day to sit in the pocket and wait for guys to come open.

Advertisement
The whole defensive staff needs to replaced. No D sucks but he ain't the only one. Paul Williams definitely needs to get the ax. The Db's take bad angles and NEVER look for the ball. Seem like their always in position to get an int but never turn around. It's like ball awareness is deleted from the development program.

The whole defensive staff needs to replaced. No D sucks but he ain't the only one. Paul Williams definitely needs to get the ax. The Db's take bad angles and NEVER look for the ball. Seem like their always in position to get an int but never turn around. It's like ball awareness is deleted from the development program.
I agree with every word of this.

My favorite was the ball that floated in the air for what seemed like 5 minutes. It landed about 2 feet from tracy howard while he just stood there staring off into space.

Advertisement
Step 1: Recruit 5 star DB

Step 2: Play him 10 yards off the receiver, don't teach him to play the ball or insist he tackle

Step 3: Profit?

- Al Golden

When is the last time you have seen a U safety cut in front of a receiver and pick off a pass and take it the other way.

The only interceptions our safeties get are on overthrows. We have ZERO ball hawking skills on this defense.

Even when we have a pass breakup it hits due to the ball hitting our defender in the back.

After 4 years this staff has not been able to adjust to a simple drag tour across the middle. It's an easy 10 yards a pop at will for any team with a pulse.

rayshawn jenkins was actually the one safety who did this

I miss jenkins, he was the only safety who seems to be able to play the ball in the air

Before the season folks said Carter and Dallas was better...... Smh

Advertisement
When is the last time you have seen a U safety cut in front of a receiver and pick off a pass and take it the other way.

The only interceptions our safeties get are on overthrows. We have ZERO ball hawking skills on this defense.

Even when we have a pass breakup it hits due to the ball hitting our defender in the back.

After 4 years this staff has not been able to adjust to a simple drag tour across the middle. It's an easy 10 yards a pop at will for any team with a pulse.

I miss jenkins, he was the only safety who seems to be able to play the ball in the air

Dont rag on those folks too hard. In a different scheme with good coaching Carter and Dallas could be very good.

Jenkins is awful. He may have better ball skills than these guys but he takes awful angles to the ball and runs himself out of plays. There's a reason why his nickname is "wrongway jenkins."

Why the **** do people keep blaming dc's, oc's and position coaches ? Lol , it's hilarious

Players play and no matter the scheme if you have a chance to intercept a pass and don't, at the end of the day it's on you. The scheme puts you in the position to do that and I've seen a lot of guys in position to do just that and not. I don't see how it's Doritos fault Crawford and carter didn't make those plays.

Advertisement
Back