WHAT IF

Advertisement
They've gone to a bowl game every year for the past decade, and pretty much every year before then.

I'd say the odds are pretty high that Nebraska is bowl eligible at the end of the year.

Everyone is saying, “what If” Miami got the call, “what if” Miami did this or that. How about, what if Nebraska didn’t drop so many passes, what if Nebraska’s QB didn’t make so many bad throws to open receivers and a big what if, what if Nebraska did force a throw on first down in overtime. They had 3 more downs. Miami didn’t win by overcoming anything in the end, Nebraska gave it to them.

How about breaking it down for what it was.

We dominated the first 40 minutes of the game. Nebraska dominated the final 8 minutes, and we dominated the overtime period.

Final result is that we won a game in which we dominated the vast majority of the game.

We "dominated the vast majority of the game" and ended up in overtime? Great job "breaking it down for what it was."

Any other way to see this game?

4 minutes into the 4th quarter and the score is 33-10.
The team looked great. They looked fast. They looked strong. They looked well coached.

Then the wheels fell off the final 8 minutes.

Contrary to what you morons think, we are 3-0 not 0-3. We played listlessly through two preseason games in which it looks like we ran a variation of 5 plays, and got everyone on the roster some burn.

We dominated a team that is going to go to a bowl this year for the first 40 minutes of the game, then we had a serious gut check moment, and we won.

I actually think it's nice to have the wheels come off, to face serious adversity early in the season and rise to the occasion. Builds character. Something many of you wouldn't know anything about.

Your "dark side" moment will be interesting to say the least.

So basically you're saying if Nebraska made more plays and miami didn't they would win I guess we have a genius here! A win is a win wasn't pretty at the end but we still won.

So basically you're saying if Nebraska made more plays and miami didn't they would win I guess we have a genius here! A win is a win wasn't pretty at the end but we still won.

I'm saying it was a very pretty win through the first 40 minutes. Really ugly for us the final 8 minutes, then in overtime it was beautiful.

Advertisement
They've gone to a bowl game every year for the past decade, and pretty much every year before then.

I'd say the odds are pretty high that Nebraska is bowl eligible at the end of the year.

The new "U Standard" = be competitive with bowl eligible teams and wait for them to make mistakes. Go Canes.

Everyone is saying, “what If” Miami got the call, “what if” Miami did this or that. How about, what if Nebraska didn’t drop so many passes, what if Nebraska’s QB didn’t make so many bad throws to open receivers and a big what if, what if Nebraska did force a throw on first down in overtime. They had 3 more downs. Miami didn’t win by overcoming anything in the end, Nebraska gave it to them.

How about breaking it down for what it was.

We dominated the first 40 minutes of the game. Nebraska dominated the final 8 minutes, and we dominated the overtime period.

Final result is that we won a game in which we dominated the vast majority of the game.

lol at dominating the overtime period. we backed into a win. nebraska qb gifted us an INT and all we had to do was kick a stinkin FG. this after blowing a 23 point lead with 11 minutes left. but dont let me rain on your parade..slurp on

Team played great, nobody had anything bad to say going into the 4th quarter.
But with 8 minutes remaining in the game.... No way to justify 23 points in 8 minutes. That should fall on the coaches.... They just cannot close a team out.
Other then the last 8 minutes this team looked like a top 25 team
And I hate Al and Doritos. They can go undefeated and gtfo

Why should the last 8 minutes just fall on the coaches? Dobbard= bad holding call nullifies a TD. Bush= stupid penalty, senior leader of the defense, fell apart without him just like FSU last year when he got hurt. Carter= out of position and stupid penalty on top of it. Yearby/OL= can't get 3 yards after piking up 7 on first down. Howard= beaten repeatedly. Kaaya= take the play clock down, on him, not Coley.

The first time it's on Kaaya. The next 8 are on the coaches. After he does it once, it's the job the coaches to tell him to stop, and run it down to 1 second.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back