What if the football season is cancelled

Advertisement
I think there's a strong chance it happens but I hope not. But if it does I believe it hurts us in recruiting. A lot of top kids either have no interest or is in wait and see mood with us. If we don't get a chance to put a better product on the field this season those kids will go elsewhere.

Now we will probably still end up with a top 20 class if there's no season but it will probably be between 15-20 imo.

Advertisement
100% there will be a football season.

If this is still going on in September this country will be in the midst of a depression and we’ll all be under martial law anyway.
Fear mongering 101

I think we could realistically see things being canceled. I don't think we will have a true idea until May. May is when Trump will try to lift restrictions. The problem is a lot of people will be cautious about coming outside.

Fear mongering 101

I think we could realistically see things being canceled. I don't think we will have a true idea until May. May is when Trump will try to lift restrictions. The problem is a lot of people will be cautious about coming outside.

Dude If we’re still social distancing 6 months from now the entire world economy will be in shambles.

That’s not going to happen.

There not going to get this virus under control then start filling stadiums just not going to happen.

It is the smartest thing to do take a year off and prepare for virus season coming again.

ALL SPORTS WILL BE CANCELED.

We need to be ready for viruses and prepare NOW.

if next year flu season is bad LOOK OUT

Advertisement
I would have to believe if the football season is played it will happen with no fans in the stands.

Advertisement
If there's no football season then I can't imagine classes being back on campus either, bc it wouldn't make sense to have one without the other. I hope football is back, but this thing is definitely gonna get worse before it gets better.

Ok.... flattening the curve has ZERO to do with lowering the numbers of Coronavirus infected. “Zero”
By social distancing we are only prolonging the time in which it will happen. That’s a fact. This is being done so as not to overwhelm the healthcare system in place. Odds are if it wasn’t done more would die, because they couldn’t get the medical care they require. IE the reason we are building all of those respirators. If a vaccine is created, it will save lives. If a cure is created, it will save lives. We will have football season. Corona will still be here. Maybe by football season people will understand the reasons for this world wide shutdown. I have my opinion if this is a “good or bad” idea. However, the simple fact of the matter is, what we are currently doing isn’t to stop those who will get sick from getting sick, but only to slow the pace of infection. If you don’t think I’m correct, please just google and read. It’s not difficult to understand if you stop watching the news and read about “flattening the yield curve”.
Public events might have rules attached to them 🤷‍♂️ But they will be no more or less dangerous than going to a restaurant for dinner.
Read below:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.livescience.com/amp/coronavirus-flatten-the-curve.html

Last edited:
Advertisement
Ok.... flattening the curve has ZERO to do with lowering the numbers of Coronavirus infected. “Zero”
By social distancing we are only prolonging the time in which it will happen. That’s a fact. This is being done so as not to overwhelm the healthcare system in place. Odds are if it wasn’t done more would die, because they couldn’t get the medical care they require. IE the reason we are building all of those respirators. If a vaccine is created, it will save lives. If a cure is created, it will save lives. We will have football season. Corona will still be here. Maybe by football season people will understand the reasons for this world wide shutdown. I have my opinion if this is a “good or bad” idea. However, the simple fact of the matter is, what we are currently doing isn’t to stop those who will get sick from getting sick, but only to slow the pace of infection. If you don’t think I’m correct, please just google and read. It’s not difficult to understand if you stop watching the news and read about “flattening the yield curve”.
Public events might have rules attached to them 🤷‍♂️ But they will be no more or less dangerous than going to a restaurant for dinner.
Read below:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.livescience.com/amp/coronavirus-flatten-the-curve.html
i fear tthat we are not going to flatten the curve enough anyway. Sure, NY , Washngton and Cali are doing there part..but the rest of the country really has not. Hopefully I'm wrong, but the deaths are still doubling every 2.5-3 days.. By the time the death numbers get in multiple thousands a day, and the country really gets serious about it, it will have probably already spread to a over 100 million americans, if not more.

i fear tthat we are not going to flatten the curve enough anyway. Sure, NY , Washngton and Cali are doing there part..but the rest of the country really has not. Hopefully I'm wrong, but the deaths are still doubling every 2.5-3 days.. By the time the death numbers get in multiple thousands a day, and the country really gets serious about it, it will have probably already spread to a over 100 million americans, if not more.
I’m not sure the states you mentioned did enough, considering where they are located/population. I’m also sickened by New York’s pushing back on limiting their populations travel. The cases in Florida are growing because they fled to south Florida and brought it with them. Insane. I don’t think 100,000,000 is an out of line number. The death toll at the end, because of the actions we’ve taken as a nation, will be less than that of the common flu I think. We’ll have to wait and see. However, as a country we smoke less than Asia and Europe. We also don’t live with our elderly like they do. Wait and see. As a country we’ve been ahead of the rest of the world. The CDC has been amazing. Our superior health care system will show out. Sucks for the economy, but again we’re ahead of every other nation in fixing the imminent problem. This is going to be something every American can be proud of a year from now i think. 🙏

I’m not sure the states you mentioned did enough, considering where they are located/population. I’m also sickened by New York’s pushing back on limiting their populations travel. The cases in Florida are growing because they fled to south Florida and brought it with them. Insane. I don’t think 100,000,000 is an out of line number. The death toll at the end, because of the actions we’ve taken as a nation, will be less than that of the common flu I think. We’ll have to wait and see. However, as a country we smoke less than Asia and Europe. We also don’t live with our elderly like they do. Wait and see. As a country we’ve been ahead of the rest of the world. The CDC has been amazing. Our superior health care system will show out. Sucks for the economy, but again we’re ahead of every other nation in fixing the imminent problem. This is going to be something every American can be proud of a year from now i think. 🙏
DO you believe the same restrictions should now be put on Florida? Georgia? i thought the entire country should have been more or less been put on lockdown 2 weeks ago. I do not sure your optimistic view that less than 40,000 americans will die from this. I think that number will be flown by in 2 weeks. I could see the president shutting things down in a week or two which will be far too late and already cost hundreds of thousands or more lives. this is freighting.

Advertisement
Back