What happened with Kyshaun Bryan?

Bennubird

Senior
So what ever became of our interest in Bryan? 247 has him as a hard commit to Iowa but not signed. Did we move away from him?

Advertisement
So what ever became of our interest in Bryan? 247 has him as a hard commit to Iowa but not signed. Did we move away from him?

Probably because Iowa's 247 staff is still milking cows before they update their site. You'd be surprised how many completely dead 247 sites there are.

I'm not buying that the coaches wanted to save the scholly. We have 3 to 4 open ships. Why contact him, try to get him to visit, etc? The coaches have seen his tape for 2 years. Brown was so out of touch with a plan B that he didn't even know the kid was on an official to Iowa. Brown was told by McFarland the night before Bryan left for the visit. He should've been on it then. The kid would've visited UM. These events alone prove Brown is in over his head.

Advertisement
Right...Brown blew it. But coaches can change their minds about offers, especially those they have not formally made.

I'm not buying that the coaches wanted to save the scholly. We have 3 to 4 open ships. Why contact him, try to get him to visit, etc? The coaches have seen his tape for 2 years. Brown was so out of touch with a plan B that he didn't even know the kid was on an official to Iowa. Brown was told by McFarland the night before Bryan left for the visit. He should've been on it then. The kid would've visited UM. These events alone prove Brown is in over his head.

I think we only have like 12 graduating seniors for 2018. We need a lot more open schollies and attrition to get the full class we might want, given the WR and DB prospects and the needs at OL, DT, and RB.

Scholarship was set aside to be used this year. It should be used. This weak *** "saving the scholarship" is coach jargon for "we didn't plan contingencies, and went all in on the word of an 18 year old."

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back