what guys/positions are most important for 2015?

campobello cane

Recruit
I believe we got about 17 seniors nxt yr. if we add in some possible transfers & probably a couple early draft entries, that'll probably leave us with about 20-25 spots for next year. we already have alot more offers than that out there. who do you guys ( Pete) think we go after hardest as far as talent/position wise... besides obviously dt ha

Advertisement
Everyone is going to say DT and RB but WR and LB are crucial too.

Another year with a lot of good WRs. We cant strike out this time. Fast forward to 2015 and 16 when we are without Dorsett, Waters and eventually Coley. ****, the WR depth this year is concerning.

I know we brought in Brady, Langham,Berrios and Njoku, but none seem to be the number 1 type. If we don't hit at WR we could be looking at how it was 7 years ago when we had next to nothing.

CBs as we only took Mayes in this class. ATH too as we could use a couple more

SOTU's scholarship matrix shows that we only have 12 seniors on scholies. Throw in a couple possible early draft entries such as Duke and Flowers and that number rises to about 14 before taking any possible transfers, grayshirts, or oversigning casualties into consideration.

http://www.stateoftheu.com/2014/1/26/5341686/miami-hurricanes-football-scholarship-matrix

I'm relatively new to following recruiting, so I'm not sure how common it is for a program such as ours to oversign and then encourage certain players buried on the depth chart to transfer and seek a more optimal opportunity for playing time elsewhere. I assume, perhaps incorrectly, that we'd find a way to make room for highly-rated priority recruits, even with limited space available. But someone who's followed recruiting longer than I have would have a better idea as to whether or not that's the case.

We are also 4 under the limit and if Trayone doesnt qualify we are 5 under. So, 2015 should be a class of 20.

Advertisement
Secondary, Wide Receiver, Runningback which all are strong in south florida 2015...I also think we see some more attrition and one/two grades casualties so we could take most of the 9 scholarship hit this year, then max out next class then take the remaining reduction in 2016

Another year with a lot of good WRs. We cant strike out this time. Fast forward to 2015 and 16 when we are without Dorsett, Waters and eventually Coley. ****, the WR depth this year is concerning.

I know we brought in Brady, Langham,Berrios and Njoku, but none seem to be the number 1 type. If we don't hit at WR we could be looking at how it was 7 years ago when we had next to nothing.

You mean when Shantard did such a great job with numbers that we had our PUNTER PLAYING RECEIVER?

You mean when Shantard did such a great job with numbers that we had our PUNTER PLAYING RECEIVER?

That was Coker

SOTU's scholarship matrix shows that we only have 12 seniors on scholies. Throw in a couple possible early draft entries such as Duke and Flowers and that number rises to about 14 before taking any possible transfers, grayshirts, or oversigning casualties into consideration.

http://www.stateoftheu.com/2014/1/26/5341686/miami-hurricanes-football-scholarship-matrix

I'm relatively new to following recruiting, so I'm not sure how common it is for a program such as ours to oversign and then encourage certain players buried on the depth chart to transfer and seek a more optimal opportunity for playing time elsewhere. I assume, perhaps incorrectly, that we'd find a way to make room for highly-rated priority recruits, even with limited space available. But someone who's followed recruiting longer than I have would have a better idea as to whether or not that's the case.

Miami will be able to take about 20 kids.

Attrition is coming. Golden brought in a dozen front 7 kids to let the current JAGS know they should transfer cause they ain't gon see no burn.

I don't want to see any of the following non-seniors on ship:
1. Crow
2. King
3. Hoilett
4. Blue
5. D'Mauri Jones
6. Hope
7. O'Donnell

Last edited:
Advertisement

Yeah, I guess we struck out.

Miami needs at least 1 QB,2 RB,3 WR, 1 TE,4 OL, 4 DL, 2 LB, 3 DB,1 ATH total 21.....Al Golden can play with the scholarship reduction as he sees fit as longs as he uses 9 over three years....... I think they play at 80 this year. Players that may not be here in 2015 Dmauri Jones, Blue, Crow, Hoilett, Hope and Jake Odonnell. Garrett Kidd, and Armbrister will be red shirt Sr's so they will probably be out of here due to graduation. NFL draft possibilities Duke and Flowers. I think the 2016 class will be very small they definitely have to take advantage of all this talent in the 2015 class

Last edited:

We are also 4 under the limit and if Trayone doesnt qualify we are 5 under. So, 2015 should be a class of 20.

Limit of 85? Cuz we can't go over 82

okec

Yeah, I guess we struck out.

I knew that **** was coming. We got four kids yet missed the top three rated receivers in South Florida. Maybe four. None of our guys look like number 1s. Face it. I think they all have the potential to be solid but there's nobody elite in that group.

Advertisement

Limit of 85? Cuz we can't go over 82

We can go over 82 as long as we lose a total of 9 over 3 years. I don't think we will go over 82 however.

DB, RB, DT, WR are key postions we need to excel at.

Getting SBB, Jaquan Johnson, Irvin, Tav McFadden, Calvin Ridley, Cronkite & another RB will do wonders for this class

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back