What ever happened to this supposed "Power Move"?

CaneBoiFL

Junior All-American
I remember talk the last few months regarding a "Power Move" coaching hire by Miami. What ever happened with that? Was it a false rumor? Any new info or updates as to what this mysterious rumor even was?

Advertisement
Advertisement
power move was David Cooney.

huge influence with local '18 croots.
We shall see. I'm still a little skeptical considering we almost lost Dean who is related to Cooney.
Why would that make you skeptical if we didn't lose him? Wouldn't it make more sense to be skeptical if we did?
Because Dean committing to UM had nothing to do with Cooney. Dean was still a silent to Arizona State 24 hours before signing day. It took a phone call from Colbert who put him in touch with some former ASU players to finally convince Dean to choose Miami. Dean should have been a slam dunk.

South Florida is the most contested recruiting turf in the World. Our HC, DB, DC, Cooney and What's his name from Joe Jack's HS are all very familiar with SoFl. Unlike bamer, auburn and osu where top kids in those states are loyal, kids here know players and have relationships with people from many teams. Some have a strong alliance to the Canes, but many like jortsville, trailorhassee or bamer because they may know one or several guys that play or played at those schools and have no issue leaving home. Winning and Richt's involvement with youth leagues will have an impact on kids becoming Canes fans. Be nice if they could start bringing youth teams to games, letting them into the locker room and meeting the players. Would have a big impact on future talent.

Last edited:
Advertisement
power move was David Cooney.

huge influence with local '18 croots.
We shall see. I'm still a little skeptical considering we almost lost Dean who is related to Cooney.
Why would that make you skeptical if we didn't lose him? Wouldn't it make more sense to be skeptical if we did?
Because Dean committing to UM had nothing to do with Cooney. Dean was still a silent to Arizona State 24 hours before signing day. It took a phone call from Colbert who put him in touch with some former ASU players to finally convince Dean to choose Miami. Dean should have been a slam dunk.

Eh I read the post where the recruiting sagas for everyone was explained - the one you're referring to. It could be a bunch of BS.

Advertisement
Back