What ever happened to Brian Balom?

Advertisement
Ask D$ to discuss in the next podcast. I thought I vaguely remember him being injured? But can’t remember if that was last season or one of the camps, etc

Advertisement
Advertisement
Has Safety play been that bad overall? They’ve definitely had their fair share of bust but you’re starting 2 True Soph Safeties in a new system. I don’t think they’ve been as bad as y’all say other than a handful of plays

"That bad" is very relative. Significant glaring mistakes have been made that have been instrumental (along with mistakes at other positions) in costing us football games. You have to play assignment football as a Safety. If your assignment is to blitz/spy/freelance, then great. However, if your assignment is cover 2 and you are allowing receivers behind you, then it's open season for every OC preparing to play us.

Advertisement
Agreed but those handful of play have cost us the UNC and MTSU games

I can think of at least 5 big plays (Kam not taking the deep half most of the time- 3 vs MTSU, 2 vs UNC) and one lucky drop vs VT (15). The other 2 or 3 big plays were on corners asked to play a deep 1/3. JW0's big TD mistakes: Thomas out of the backfield vs VT (looking inside), missed tackle vs ATM. AW15 has had some bag angles/missed tackles but hasn't played a ton. Blades hasn't been a factor in games.

Since we are going to call them out: imagine the first six games without 4 turnovers, 5 passes defended, and 2 of the top 3 tacklers. We want improvement and what I've seen is a defense that stopped giving up big plays as soon as Kam stopped giving up the deep routes. Our CB play looks a ton better when they know they have over-the-top help. This has also allowed the DL to get home in 3-4 seconds forcing more sacks and QB rushes. Those QB rush attempts have been contained pretty well by Flagg and the DL. The starting D is made up of almost all sophomores (0, 24, 5, 11, 90, 56, 6, 12) with 2 Juniors (2, 23) and 2 senior (8,17)... a bunch of the the second string are Freshmen (31,32,16) and Sophomore (41,13,4,99,81,15). If someone ran a snap count by months on campus, I'd guess we are looking at a D that likely averages 24 months out of HS and 18 months on campus. Throw on top of that all of them are learning a new system. I see a very bright future on D. We need to improve at LB and CB but I think that will happen with 31/41/5/16/freshmen.

Not sure how the “smartest player” on the team GB3 can’t be somewhat serviceable at Safety.

Rest of this season should be about who should and shouldn’t be pushed out this coming offseason. Play them all.

Advertisement
FB_IMG_1666292639194.jpg

Not sure how the “smartest player” on the team GB3 can’t be somewhat serviceable at Safety.

Rest of this season should be about who should and shouldn’t be pushed out this coming offseason. Play them all.
Who said he was the smartest lol

He's the Don Chaney of the defense. Someone who our fans became infatuated with because of....oh **** I don't know why, all I know is that you people have been hyping this kid up for 3 god **** years and I watch him on punt team and wonder what the **** you creeps ever saw in what's pretty clearly just your average Broward County J.A.G.

Advertisement
Back