What do you want to see from the team by the end of the season?

FrancisSawyer

All American
Premium
Over the course of the season what would you like to see from this squad in terms of development. This can apply to individual players and position groups or it can be broader like offense, defense or special teams.

1. I want to see our TEs become more involved in the offense. We have a group of 4 TEs who have the collective potential to be the best in the nation. Who could have predicted that through 3 games it would be Cam McCormick who would be the most instrumental to the teams success this far? He was an excellent pickup without question. Going forward I would love to see Arroyo, Skinner and Williams all involved in the passing game to some point. All three are matchup nightmares for any defense and despite our great start offensively we all know that opposing DCs will be pouring over our film trying to slow us down. Having a TE group like ours will just make our offense that much more difficult to defend.

2. I want to see our DL get better and better with each game. Besides the obvious desire to get Deen, Messidor and Kelly back ASAP, I want to see growth and development from young players like Reuben Bain, Jayden Wayne and Nyjalik Kelly at DE and Ahmad Moten and Josh Horton at DT. I want to see this entire DL continue as a unit especially their ability to rush the passer. By the end of the season I want to see significant improvement in our pass rush.

3. I want to see the talented young LBs continue to earn more playing time and for the play of our LBs to continue its upward trend. A starter like Wesley Bissainthe will only get better but I also want to see Chase Smith come into his own. I would like to see Chase Smith, Raul Aguirre and Bobby Washington make it as difficult for the coaches by pushing the starters for more playing time.

4. I want to see us have an established threat at KR but especially at PR. Brashard Smith has been a revelation at KR but we need to find our PR threat. Could it be Chris Johnson, Robbie Washington or Robert Stafford?

7j Damari Brown and Robert Stafford could be a special CB duo and future starters. I'm not taking anything away from the fantastic job that Jaden Davis, Daryl Porter Jr. and Tecory Couch have done this far but I would like to see the pair of young talented CBs make a move.

6. Offensive Line and Running game. By the end of the regular season I want to see our rushing offense get untracked against the best competition. This OL has shown that they can give TVD all the time he needs in the pocket. The next step is to show that they can anchor a dominant running attack against the best teams on our schedule.

Edit. My post was meant to gauge what people want to see from the squad over the course of the entire season in terms of improvement, development, establishing identity and such. Not just for the Temple game.

Last edited:
Advertisement
College Football GIF by Miami Hurricanes

I would like to see:

Kamren Kinchens
Nyjalik Kelly
Akeem Mesidor
Elijah Arroyo
Jaleel Skinner
Branson Deen
Mark Fletcher

Will we see these players? Who the **** knows, because Miami treats injuries like the government treats the Epstein flight logs. My whole twitter timeline is littered with updates with injuries from around the country. But not here. Cause if Temple knew that Mark Fletcher had a boo boo, we’d have to burn the whole thing down. ******* nonsense.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Well Done Wow GIF

I would like to see:

Kamren Kinchens
Nyjalik Kelly
Akeem Mesidor
Elijah Arroyo
Jaleel Skinner
Branson Deen
Mark Fletcher

Will we see these players? Who the **** knows, because Miami treats injuries like the government treats the Epstein flight logs. My whole twitter timeline is littered with updates with injuries from around the country. But not here. Cause if Temple knew that Mark Fletcher had a boo boo, we’d have to burn the whole thing down. ******* nonsense.

Weather's gonna be **** from this tropical storm thing, so that's going to affect play calling/what i'd like to see from a scheme perspective.

So really just come out of the game with 0 injuries and hope that some more young guys continue to flash in limited PT when they get called in the 4th quarter.

Gonna be alot like the Ohio game today. Mario ball in full force compared to the ATM game.

Advertisement
Im blown away by the witty response. I'm going to write that down.

Wait until the weather hits.

Over the course of the season, I want to have enough blowout games to build quality depth by getting our younger kids lots of snaps. This also helps keep the team healthy.

As for specific players:
We need to see more of Samson, Kinsler, McCoy because we could see 4-6 OL depart. Cohen, Lee, Rivers to NFL. Zion to medical. Two others will hit the portal.
We need to see Moten and Horton take steps towards starting in 2024. Assuming HH and Taylor depart.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back