Coaching What Do You Say When Mario Says...

Empirical Cane

We are what we repeatedly do.
Mario appears to give off the vibe that he was, and remains so, profoundly affected by his time on Saban's staff. His preparation, his relentless recruiting, program structure, player discipline, etc. all have some (ok alot) roots in Tuscaloosa (as well as player time with his His Most Holy Coiffed One).

👆What happens WHEN Mario says the same one day?

acBzzd43jpvwY.gif

We've had on CIS some incredibly ill-informed hot takes on player discipline (my faves were re: Sambourghini and JT). Will those same voices be loud and proud again on CIS for "let the players be players" when Mario brings the Saban thunder and lightning?

Advertisement
Whatever happens we should just agree with him. Whatever approach was taken in last 20 years has not worked. Let Mario do his thing for a few years. If he is failing then, we can start questioning things. Otherwise I am onboard with whatever approach he takes to right the ship.

Mario appears to give off the vibe that he was, and remains so, profoundly affected by his time on Saban's staff. His preparation, his relentless recruiting, program structure, player discipline, etc. all have some (ok alot) roots in Tuscaloosa (as well as player time with his His Most Holy Coiffed One).

View attachment 169998

We've had on CIS some incredibly ill-informed hot takes on player discipline (my faves were re: Sambourghini and JT). Will those same voices be loud and proud again on CIS for "let the players be players" when Mario brings the Saban thunder and lightning?

I don’t exactly understand the question here? You don’t approve of what Saban is saying and don’t want Cristobal to follow his lead?

Advertisement
In HS we did two a days during the Miami summer, when all you got water wise equated to maybe four mouthfuls of water. Any more you were considered a puzzy. Our coach threw pebbles at our helmets to ring our ears when we messed up, and dragged the linemen threw gassers by their face masks. So, no, I’m not going to call for them to be treated softer etc. as a matter of fact, I wouldn’t let them in the indoor unless there is lightning within 10 miles. They need to become part of their environment so the Michigan States of the world don’t come down here and beat us in the 4th.

View attachment 169998

The Cuban came out of Mario on that one. I'm surprised that kid didn't get a "cocotazo"...

View attachment 169998

I am not a Nick Saban fan by no means however IMO the most successful CFHC's are complete dictator's and they should be, I believe that is one (out of many) reasons CMD wasn't successful. He wanted to be friends with players. These kids now need to know who the man is regardless of their star rating. My dad is 81 and has had a kidney transplant recently and I still know who the man is as well as my two kiddos know who the man is, skip all of this coddling these players today. Just my $.02

Advertisement

View attachment 169998

I want Sabag to be politicking for a South Florida recruit with a fortnight left in signing season, only for Mario to bust through the door, glare at him, and go "**** off, Nick!"

Advertisement
If Mario learned anything from Saban I hope it’s how to play the bag game right out in the open and not get hit with sanctions….seems like most of the coaches that were there learned it well..

View attachment 169998

The **** I never understand on here is how everyone pretends they're some kinds of super fans. They're better at evaluations,coaching,development and basically everything else than anyone who the school pays to do precisely that. We need to start a thread where everyone has to have check ins with their business cards or job qualifications and what precisely gives them the nuts to question paid coaches and their approached to their jobs. The simple answer to this is when he snaps theirs a God **** good reason for it. So unless Mario starts chiming in on how a burger should be properly cooked or a muffler welded or anything else he's not qualified to say **** about than everyone needs to leave him the fvck alone so he can do what he was brought here to do and get us back to real winning football... everyone can't have it both ways. Media in particular makes every couch qb act like their nick Saban. Be comfortable with reality and simply be Joe schmo from Waukesha who does political satire...

Advertisement
The **** I never understand on here is how everyone pretends they're some kinds of super fans. They're better at evaluations,coaching,development and basically everything else than anyone who the school pays to do precisely that. We need to start a thread where everyone has to have check ins with their business cards or job qualifications and what precisely gives them the nuts to question paid coaches and their approached to their jobs. The simple answer to this is when he snaps theirs a God **** good reason for it. So unless Mario starts chiming in on how a burger should be properly cooked or a muffler welded or anything else he's not qualified to say **** about than everyone needs to leave him the fvck alone so he can do what he was brought here to do and get us back to real winning football... everyone can't have it both ways. Media in particular makes every couch qb act like their nick Saban. Be comfortable with reality and simply be Joe schmo from Waukesha who does political satire...

in all fairness to me, I did stay at a Holiday Inn

As long as he doesn’t call Brock about steaks…😂

Advertisement
Back