What do you guys think the deal with jacory harris was?

Advertisement
He wasn't mentally strong our fanbase did nothing but beat that kid into the dirt. He bled orange and green and it was embarrassing how we treated him. It was turning point for me as a fan to make an effort to be more positive.

One of the few things I can agree with you on.

He wasn't mentally strong our fanbase did nothing but beat that kid into the dirt. He bled orange and green and it was embarrassing how we treated him. It was turning point for me as a fan to make an effort to be more positive.

"It was turning point for me as a fan to make an effort to be more positive."

Says the guy with a picture mocking one of our best coaches... Makes sense.

And before you turn this into a Butch vs. Al thread, this has nothing to do with Al. At the end of the day Butch is family. Whether you want him back or not is irrelevant. He did big things for us. Greatest team ever, rebuilt us, and 51-20 record wasn't too shabby. Yet you mock him to defend someone else that hasn't done much for us. That's real positive my man.

Why is Butch family? He isn't any more family than Dennis Erickson, certainly not Randy Shannon. Butch is an opportunist who sees a shot to leverage fan desperation and good feelings into a job. Much like his mentor Jimmy Johnson when Shula was struggling. JJ used his pulpit on the Fox studio show to take as many shots as he could at Shula. Butch will do it with his weekly gig on Miami radio when the opportunity presents itself. If it works so be it.

Last edited:
Jacory had a lot of issues, but the biggest was corching.

He had to deal with Shannon's overall incompetence, but also Whipple auditioning for jobs. Whipple would abandon the run when it was working so he could sling it around all over the field. Teams also adjusted to the play-action bombs on first down, but he kept calling them. Plus Whipple's disdain for Shannon was palpable.

It was a dysfunctional environment. Not how you want to develop a QB.

Kid got a big head, he dressed like spongebob, he didn't take things as seriously as he needed to, and I'm pretty sure coach Whipple hated Shannon so much he stopped gameplanning and just said **** it through it deep.

Advertisement
Kid was fine when he was in the shotgun and slinging the ball all over the place. Put him under center and make him drop back and he ****s the bed.

I called it when we signed him.

All he did in high school was sit in the shotgun.

This...Him & Streeter should've went to Oregon.

The only thing I remember was that horrible Ohio State game.

yep I was there, if it wasnt for our special teams we would have been completely embarrassed. They handled us all game and we couldn’t do anything on O. luckily they suspended a lot of players the next year and we won down in SFLA

The only thing I remember was that horrible Ohio State game.

yep I was there, if it wasnt for our special teams we would have been completely embarrassed. They handled us all game and we couldn’t do anything on O. luckily they suspended a lot of players the next year and we won down in SFLA

We actually played them fairly well on defense, with exception to the fact that we could never bring down Pryor for the sack. We would get good pressure, but that kid could escape well.

Overall though, Jacory definitely lost us that game.

Let's see: a bad head coach, 3 offensive coordinators, a fan base that was insanely cruel and hurt his confidence, injuries to his thumb, head, and shoulder if I remember correctly, not to mention the fact that Whipple only called deep passes.

Advertisement
He also had a LOT of dropped passes. Especially his second year.

Kyle Wright was still worse; but the reason he sucked was because he had a ****** O-Line, didn't have any touch on his throws, and held on to the ball for too long. He also was the victim of the revolving OC door machine.

To my knowledge, in the modern era, Kyle Wright was the worst, and its not even close.

Which perplexed me, because he had the arm. He was put in a bad situation and couldn't grow because of it.

Harris was confident and we had a strong OL's and a strong D his Freshman year? The kid got hurt and was never the leader needed for a top QB. 3 OC's tells you a lot. If he is the goods does so many OC's get the Axe?

When all the BTW High School National champs are all on the 3 year plan with zero work ethic is it a surprise that they all flamed out? Only Spence who was the Mutt of the group being too small and too slow for star rankings produced as a senior and gave us leadership. But he had to work for everything he got. That is what is always missed by the top 4 and 5 stars. The grit and work needed to become a pro. Harris never had that.

Last edited:
He also had a LOT of dropped passes. Especially his second year.

Kyle Wright was still worse; but the reason he sucked was because he had a ****** O-Line, didn't have any touch on his throws, and held on to the ball for too long. He also was the victim of the revolving OC door machine.

To my knowledge, in the modern era, Kyle Wright was the worst, and its not even close.

Which perplexed me, because he had the arm. He was put in a bad situation and couldn't grow because of it.

Kyle Wright actually started off pretty decent as a freshman, but the constant revolving coaches hurt him a lot. Not saying he would have been great, but you could definitely see a regression. Don't forget it was not just an OC change, but a HC change too.

Also, how can you say Wright was the worst when Kirby Freeman was on the same team. Kirby went like 1 for 14 against NC ST.

Harris was confident and we had a strong OL's and a strong D his Freshman year? The kid got hurt and was never the leader needed for a top QB. 3 OC's tells you a lot. If he is the goods does so many OC's get the Axe?

When all the BTW High School National champs are all on the 3 year plan with zero work ethic is it a surprise that they all flamed out? Only Spence who was the Mutt of the group being too small and too slow for star rankings produced as a senior and gave us leadership. But he had to work for everything he got. That is what is always missed by the top 4 and 5 stars. The grit and work needed to become a pro. Harris never had that.

Even if he was the real deal, those OC's leave in the same way. Patrick Nix might have been the worse OC I've ever seen. It was only a matter of time before even Randy realized he was no good.

Whipple only gets saved if Randy doesn't get fired and even then, I can't say Randy wanted to keep him. Golden cleaned house when he got here and only kept like 3 people from Randy's staff (Stoutland, Barrow and Sawsey), 2 of which are gone.

Fisch left for the NFL.

Advertisement

You mean Northwestern jackass not BTW. Your right, lets stop recruiting 4 and 5 stars and stick to coal shovelers, they have the "grit and work"...lmao people love to **** on dade county kids being "divas" but they seem to be doing fine in the NFL. at the end of the day all these kids are trying to make it, not "play the game the right way" to please u delusional selfish fans, yall aint payin their bills and you **** sure dont give a dam about them or their wellbeing outside of football.

All QBs can have great games (usually when they play's al d) but the key is what do they do when they have a bad game. Kenny looked awful against Washington but came back to beat the #1 team (FSU) in the Nation. I would also argue the kid picked up a ton of bad habits in high school - watch the tape he just threw the ball up for grabs and his WRs would come up with the catch. Took about 3 games for other coaches to realize he wasnt going to march the ball down the field against you - so just avoid giving up the deep ball and you will be fine....... btw, coaches will do the same against Brad this year --- I know Brad is much better but when you have a low 3rd down percentage as we have

Your right Nuts, it was Northwestern. Did not say to stop recruiting 5 star guys. Again, read the post, don't read into it. Our top guys from Northwestern besides Spence all came in with the attitude that they did not need to work.

There are not many programs where there are coaches who consistently get the 5 star guys and make them work for the job. Saban, Urban some of the time, and Les Miles seem to be the only ones who can do it. When I say Meyer some of the time I look at what happened to his 5 star guys at Florida at the end of his tenure there. I guess I got to give it up for Jimbo also. He makes them work. He just not hold them accountable off of the field. But on the field he will light them up.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Your right Nuts, it was Northwestern. Did not say to stop recruiting 5 star guys. Again, read the post, don't read into it. Our top guys from Northwestern besides Spence all came in with the attitude that they did not need to work.

There are not many programs where there are coaches who consistently get the 5 star guys and make them work for the job. Saban, Urban some of the time, and Les Miles seem to be the only ones who can do it. When I say Meyer some of the time I look at what happened to his 5 star guys at Florida at the end of his tenure there. I guess I got to give it up for Jimbo also. He makes them work. He just not hold them accountable off of the field. But on the field he will light them up.

I agree 5 star doesnt guarantee anything, but the more 5/4 star you have the better the odds. just cause a couple 5 stars bust doesnt mean you should fill your roster with 2 and 3 stars.

Advertisement
Back