What do you guys think the deal with jacory harris was?

paksat

Junior
Banned
Think I spelled jacory right lmao

but srsly, that game vs fsu where he was throwing perfect passes.. then that 3 game run where we went in dry on oklahoma among other teams..

around that time I started having personal issues causing me to miss like 30 out of the next 35'ish games, I could have swore he was gonna be a super star as calm cool and collected as he looked back there.

Advertisement
Don't even want to go into what happened to him, but I will say that throw he made in Tally to Benjamin to setup the winning TD was one of the best passes I've ever seen any Canes QB make....ever.

but srsly, that game vs fsu where he was throwing perfect passes.. then that 3 game run where we went in dry on oklahoma among other teams..

around that time I started having personal issues causing me to miss like 30 out of the next 35'ish games, I could have swore he was gonna be a super star as calm cool and collected as he looked back there.

He got too predictable. I don't think he learned how to read a defense and would continuously just throw the bomb everytime. Problem is he didn't have the strongest arm so throwing deep never really should have been his gameplan. It got to a point where opposing defenses would sit deep like a Dnofrio defense waiting for him to throw a bad deep ball (Clemson game specifically stands out for me). After awhile his confidence got shook, especially after the big hit he took in the Virginia game.

What I found interesting was when Fisch came in his senior year, and got him throwing short safe passes most of the time. I wonder if Fisch could have fixed him with more time. I don't think so as I still don't know if he could have gotten past his issues reading defenses, but it would have been interesting to see.

Advertisement
For all the dope games he had(duke 08, fsu 09, VA 08, GT 09, even the VT 11 game we lost) his bad games, very bad games always overshadowed everything. Started with the 09 Clemson game, then the 09 unc game started to make me question his awareness. Then the osu 10 game showed me that he wasn't as good as we all thought he was. He had a couple good games there on out, but the nail in the coffin for me and most fans was the south fla game in 2010(That pic he threw at the end of the game was one of the stupidest passes ever) and the bowl game v nd where he had 4 completions and 3 picks. His last career game vs bc was basically his whole career, another 4 interception game.

One word: Competition!

i think the deal was that he sucked. i do give him credit thought, he got the **** beat out of him a lot and always got up, never complained. as a football player he was awful though and that aint coaching

Advertisement

he was like the nfl version of rex grossman he cound throw a beautiful deepball just not consistently and sometimes he'd throw 3 picks

He wasn't mentally strong our fanbase did nothing but beat that kid into the dirt. He bled orange and green and it was embarrassing how we treated him. It was turning point for me as a fan to make an effort to be more positive.

Advertisement
Kid was fine when he was in the shotgun and slinging the ball all over the place. Put him under center and make him drop back and he ****s the bed.

I called it when we signed him.

All he did in high school was sit in the shotgun.

Jacory's mentality was really all wrong. He was generally complacent. Guys who know him well will tell you he was never about continuous growth - at least while he was here. He never buried himself in the playbook or worked on some of the technical issues that limited his growth. He had a ton of success in HS and I think he (and a lot of guys during that time period) came to the absolute wrong environment. The skill and issues he came into college with were largely the same when he left.

That's no bueno.

Advertisement
Honestly the injury to his elbow and thumb ****ed him up physically which translates to mental. My belief anyway.

Injuries. He played injured almost 2 whole seasons and didn't ***** or say a word. I got a lot of respect for that guy given all the **** being talked about him.

His roomate senior year was some ****got reality star.... that tells you where his mental was

He wasn't mentally strong our fanbase did nothing but beat that kid into the dirt. He bled orange and green and it was embarrassing how we treated him. It was turning point for me as a fan to make an effort to be more positive.

"It was turning point for me as a fan to make an effort to be more positive."

Says the guy with a picture mocking one of our best coaches... Makes sense.

And before you turn this into a Butch vs. Al thread, this has nothing to do with Al. At the end of the day Butch is family. Whether you want him back or not is irrelevant. He did big things for us. Greatest team ever, rebuilt us, and 51-20 record wasn't too shabby. Yet you mock him to defend someone else that hasn't done much for us. That's real positive my man.

Advertisement
Back