What do we consider winning?

Advertisement
Well I had a long response the moderators deleted for some reason. And I'm 29, born before the 3rd championship season. It has no effect on my perception of excellence as I know plenty of history of college football.

My personal belief in summary is no we haven't been winning since 2002. That was our last great season, even though we lost the title game. Before that we arguably dominated 20 years of football more than anyone. Since then its been 15 years of mediocrity.

Currently Alabama and perhaps clemson are the only winning program by the standard most Miami fans consider it to be in the last 10 years. The term gets brought up a lot in recruiting when talking about where players sign, so I was curious as to how its quantified to other posters.

There was a time when anything outside of a national championship was a disappointment. I remember going 9-3 in 1993 and losing the Fiesta Bowl to Arizona and thinking the sky was going to fall. Being that I grew up in the 80's, all I knew from Miami football was winning the title. Winning the Big East meant absolutely nothing to me. I could not have cared less about conference titles. I'm older and more reasonable now. Expecting another run like we had from 86-92 or 2000-03 where we were playing for the title almost every year is unrealistic. Still I very much believe that Miami can be a perennial contender and consistent top 10 team.

Season must result in at least one of the following:

Beat FSU
ACC Championship Win
NY6 Bowl Win
Playoff Appearance
NCG Appearance
NCG Win

Advertisement
I personally consider winning when Miami scores more points than the other team.

Advertisement
Back