What do people think about Mahoney and Navaughn

doctaj11

Freshman
switching positions (Donaldson playing guard and Mohoney playing tackle). To me it actually looked like it was working for the run game.

Advertisement
Anxiously waiting lances upon further review. Wanna know what he thinks about our line last night. Hope he talks about this

switching positions (Donaldson playing guard and Mohoney playing tackle). To me it actually looked like it was working for the run game.
It's better to have 55 producing in a dominant fashion at G, than to dilute his effectiveness as a kind of slow T.

Advertisement
It's better to have 55 producing in a dominant fashion at G, than to dilute his effectiveness as a kind of slow T.

This, better option though is Scaife at one of the T spots. If he's better on the left side move St. Louis back to RT and let Donaldson play RG.

Advertisement
I was 100% in support of Donaldson playing tackle, partly because I thought he had the talent to play there, partly because that's where he really wanted to play and he seemed like our best option at that spot at the time.

Well, we gave it a good honest shot, and it is 100% clear now that his best position, both to help this team win now, and for his long term career prospects, is to play G.

He is an elite potential talent at G, he is merely average to above average at T. He will progress at either position, but his ceiling is higher at G.

Navaughn, be GREAT at being a G, it will get you paid for a long time in the NFL.

Ideally, I want to see St. Louis and Scaife as our tackles and Mahoney rotating off the bench as the 6th man in.

I think the consensus on this is nearly unanimous, our best line is St. L, Boulware, Gauthier, ND, Scaife. Since everyone agrees on this as a clear and obvious choice, the coaches will get around to figuring that out and making it happen no later than a month from now.

Richt called outside zone left early in the game and Donaldson missed the backside cut-off preventing a potential big gain. Those are tough blocks to execute but it's a reminder that there's more to playing G than "mauling in a phone booth" like many think. OL positions are becoming more interchangeable and movement is important at every spot.

Of course I again have to state that I feel RG is 55's best position before the angry mob of know-nothings tries to flame me for something they infer I said but actually didn't.

Advertisement
Richt called outside zone left early in the game and Donaldson missed the backside cut-off preventing a potential big gain. Those are tough blocks to execute but it's a reminder that there's more to playing G than "mauling in a phone booth" like many think. OL positions are becoming more interchangeable and movement is important at every spot.

Of course I again have to state that I feel RG is 55's best position before the angry mob of know-nothings tries to flame me for something they infer I said but actually didn't.

No need to make that claim as if you're the only one. 90% of this board has been clamoring for ND to RG for eons now.

The line is by far its best with Scaife at LT, Boulware LG, and Vaughn RG.

Baloney should not be playing G. He lacks strength.

Advertisement
No need to make that claim as if you're the only one. 90% of this board has been clamoring for ND to RG for eons now.

Of course. I'm being more careful trying to avoid the straw man arguments like where a bunch of idiots thought I wanted Rosier to start over Perry because I pointed out 1 bad play from Perry.

Everyone wants to bench Mahoney for some reason, but he's been our best OL.

I'd probably just switch Scaife in for St Louis, and keep 55 at G.

The reality is St Louis has not played well this year, wihile guys like Boulware and Mahoney have. Let's play the best guys

Everyone wants to bench Mahoney for some reason, but he's been our best OL.

I'd probably just switch Scaife in for St Louis, and keep 55 at G.

The reality is St Louis has not played well this year, wihile guys like Boulware and Mahoney have. Let's play the best guys

That he has graded out highest on the OL since pretty much spring practice, seems to be lost on the masses.

Advertisement
Back