What did we expect...

Dgixxer252525

Recruit
Premium
How did we improve over the off season to warrant people's hopes getting so high? In mid summer I think the fans who are realists knew that we would suck again...we had all of the same coaches in place, missed on pretty much every incoming impact player from FL, and had a freshman QB as our only hope...

My question is a serious one...what led you guys to really think that we would be so improved this year?

Advertisement
With the same loser leading the program there was no logical reason to expect the team to be better.

A lot of folks didn't expect improvement at all.

Some hoped for it. But didn't expect it.

Anyone else hadn't been paying much attention.

Advertisement
I'm guilty of it too...I bought in because of the hype I think...I think all of the people who had any real hopes this year though are delusional fans...this isn't the U anymore, this is the University of Miami which means nothing special anymore. ..just ask Cook, Lane, Rudolph, Powell etc...

How did we improve over the off season to warrant people's hopes getting so high? In mid summer I think the fans who are realists knew that we would suck again...we had all of the same coaches in place, missed on pretty much every incoming impact player from FL, and had a freshman QB as our only hope...

My question is a serious one...what led you guys to really think that we would be so improved this year?

I was thinking Al would be fired after the Cincy game. By the time season came around we were tired of feeling like crap, so we let ourselves feel good. That first dive for a TD in the loserville game was the high point of the season. By then end of that game most knew it was over.

Stacey Coley coming off an All Freshman year
Stemo will no longer be the qb
Duke returning faster and stronger
Fastest reciever in the nation in Dorsett
All American linebacker in Perryman
Tyriq and Muhammed coming off the edge
Tracy Howard coming off a 5 int season
Raising Canes
Golden's quotes on how the team is bigger and stronger

I predicted losses to FSU, VT, and possibly Louisville. **** I did not expect losses to Pitt, UVA, and Neb.

Advertisement
I expected 10-2 with losses to FSU and Nebraska. This view was earlier in the year. Obviously many things went wrong before the season even began.

Williams starting at QB
Duke healthy
Not losing AQM, two LB's, one starting WR, starting K
Getting Bush healthy
Having some depth with Yearby and a couple of Frosh OL
Expecting improvement from Carter and Howard

All of these statements start with hope and expectation...I think that other teams got better at a faster rate and are continuing to do so...I enjoy this website, I just get frustrated when everyone gets caught in all the hype then gets heartbroken.

we need to root for this team how the Iowa State fans do...just happy to be fielding a team with no real expectations to win anything important. Just enjoy tailgating, seeing ourselves on the jumbo-tron, and talking with buddies...

The sooner we do this, the more enjoyable the experience will be for everyone, myself included...next year if we go 6-7, I'll be much more prepared for it...

Since we had more talent than all but 1 or 2 teams on our schedule, I subtracted two games for general coaching incompetence and guessed we'd go 8-4.

Guess I still kinda manage to underestimate how poor Golden and co. are at this whole coaching thing.

Andrew, I'd like to give Dqxieer some kind of max rep for his insightfully insipid comment, above.

Advertisement
I honestly thought this was the year for the Coastal. Thought Lville would be a revenge game and that we would do enough to beat the rest of the sh***y division.

Big mistake was thinking everybody would be coaching like they were on the hotseat.

I thought we'd go 5-7 or 6-6. Maaaybe 7-5. In no way shape or form did I think we'd have fewer than 5 losses. We've got the players to be in the top 10. But Golden is such a ******* ******* who thinks he knows better than every other successful coach in CFB history that he had to go out and show what a colossal ****up loser he is. Blame for this ****tyness all rests on his shoulders.

Advertisement
5878.gif

Advertisement
Back