What Blake James should have addressed...

Noliaboi

Sophomore
I'm 90% pleased with the press conference but 100% on board and support CMR (got that from my Georgia Bulldog Friends. That's what Coach Mark Richt goes by).

I wish Blake James would have basically said "Coach Richt will have all the financial support and resources he needs/wants to be successful"

Tired of hearing the media say "Miami doesn't put any money into the program"

Where is the pride? Aren't the people who work for the school tired of hearing it? I understand you can't address every single thing the media say or perceive about you.

Advertisement
I'm 90% pleased with the press conference but 100% on board and support CMR (got that from my Georgia Bulldog Friends. That's what Coach Mark Richt goes by).

I wish Blake James would have basically said "Coach Richt will have all the financial support and resources he needs/wants to be successful"

Where is the pride? Aren't the people who work for the school tired of hearing it? I understand you can't address every single thing the media say or perceive about you.

When you look up someone a$$ you will always find ****.

The media says that because for the last 14 years this has been the case. The media isn't the problem in this case. Finally, Miami is investing good $ into the coaching staff. I believe it needs to invest much more (stadium, bubble practice field, etc) to take this program to another level.

Richt actually talked about this when he was asked about assistants.

He said he received assurance from the president AD board etc that they will have the resources for assistants

Advertisement
That was an awkward moment when he revealed the jersey. He should have rehearsed that a little better.

A coach like Richt doesn't come here unless he knows (and is comfortable with) what we're willing to pay for his staff. This is the same dude that paid assistants out of his own pocket once so I'm sure he's aware with how much money he'll have to build the staff he wants here.

James can't make that statement because he has no control. Well technically he could make the statement but it would be like anything else he said over the last XXXX years, empty.

You should not worry what other people think about you or the program.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back