What about Jalen Hurd?

MiamiHurricane23

Freshman
The former 5 star Tennessee transfer? I know he played RB and has injury history but he's explosive. And he wants to move to WR

Last edited:
Advertisement
Explosive ? Did he have lit dynamite strapped to his chest during the year ?

Advertisement
I was friends with him in college and he is pretty much dead set on going to the draft. Im not sure if this has changed since he quit on the team. Just passing along info.

Says below he had a concussion which would explain calling it quits mid season. Says he wants to be utilized in a more versatile manner. Dude is 6-4 240 and can move. Who knows. Would be interesting.

Jalen Hurd breaks silence on why he left Tennessee

TENNESSEE RB JALEN HURDJoshua Dobbs on playing without Jalen Hurd | 0:42
Tennessee senior quarterback Joshua Dobbs discusses moving on without Jalen Hurd on Saturday, Nov. 5, 2016. Jonathan Toye/News Sentinel

1 of 7

CLOSE

TENNESSEE RB JALEN HURDTodd Kelly Jr. discusses Jalen Hurd's decision to transfer | 0:27
Tennessee junior defensive back Todd Kelly Jr. discusses Hurd's decision to transfer during Tuesday's media availability on Nov. 1, 2016. Johnathan Toye/News Sentinel

2 of 7

CLOSE

TENNESSEE RB JALEN HURDJones confirms Jalen Hurd's transfer | 2:00
Tennessee coach Butch Jones discusses junior running back Jalen Hurd's decision to transfer Johnathan Toye/News Sentinel

3 of 7

CLOSE

TENNESSEE RB JALEN HURDButch Jones gives an update on the status of Tennessee running back Jalen Hurd | 0:20
Tennessee coach Butch Jones gives an update on the status of Tennessee running back Jalen Hurd.

4 of 7

CLOSE

TENNESSEE RB JALEN HURDOutback Bowl MVP Jalen Hurd's press conference | 1:59
Press conference of Outback Bowl MVP Jalen Hurd of Tennessee on Friday, Jan. 1, 2016, at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Fla. Hurd rushed for 130 yards on 24 carries and scored a touchdown in Tennessee's 46-6 win over Northwestern. (Chris Tilley / Special to the News Sentinel)

5 of 7

CLOSE

TENNESSEE RB JALEN HURDJoshua Dobbs on Jalen Hurd's Outback Bowl performance | 1:15
Tennessee quarterback Joshua Dobbs discusses the performance of running back Jalen Hurd in Tennessee's 45-6 win over Northwestern in the Outback Bowl on Friday, Jan. 2, 2016 at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Fla. (Grant Ramey / News Sentinel)

6 of 7

CLOSE

TENNESSEE RB JALEN HURDVols want more weight on Jalen Hurd | 2:03
Vols running backs coach Robert Gillespie gives his impressions of five star early enrollee running back Jalen Hurd, who played high school football at Beech. WBIR

7 of 7

Next Video

Joshua Dobbs on playing without Jalen Hurd
Joshua Dobbs on playing without Jalen Hurd

vTodd Kelly Jr. discusses Jalen Hurd's decision to transfer
Todd Kelly Jr. discusses Jalen Hurd's decision to transfer

vJones confirms Jalen Hurd's transfer
Jones confirms Jalen Hurd's transfer

vButch Jones gives an update on the status of Tennessee running back Jalen Hurd
Butch Jones gives an update on the status of Tennessee running back Jalen Hurd

vOutback Bowl MVP Jalen Hurd's press conference
Outback Bowl MVP Jalen Hurd's press conference

vJoshua Dobbs on Jalen Hurd's Outback Bowl performance
Joshua Dobbs on Jalen Hurd's Outback Bowl performance

vVols want more weight on Jalen Hurd
Vols want more weight on Jalen Hurd

Jalen Hurd

(Photo: Michael Patrick/News Sentinel)

Jalen Hurd has finally broken his silence on the decision to leave the University of Tennessee.

In a tweet on Sunday night, Hurd gave a few reasons why he felt transferring schools was the right decision for him.

pic.twitter.com/jE6iYD310y
— Jalen Hurd (@MrHurd_1) November 7, 2016
"Transferring was completely my decision," Hurd said. "It was not a decision made rashly but one I have been thinking about for quite some time."

Hurd states he suffered "multiple injuries this year that were not and should not have been disclosed" and confirms he received a concussion that kept him out of Tennessee's game against Texas A&M.

•How does leaving Vols impact Jalen Hurd's NFL future?

He also mentions how not being the best fit for Tennessee's read offense was a factor in his decision. He said he hoped for offensive scheme adjustments to suit his strengths, and that it "did not happen on a consistent enough basis."

Hurd said in the post that he wants to play somewhere that "highlights [his] abilities to run, but also expands to allow [him] to show [his] abilities to catch the ball and be a mismatch for defenses."

"I have nothing but respect for all of my coaches," he wrote, ending his statement. "I wish this program all the success. Thank you to all the fans and the entire Vol nation."

Advertisement
light skin RBs are always a big NO for me. go play basketball or something.

4.5 ypc is far from explosive. I don't want a kid that quit on his team and his position who thinks he already has 1ft out the door towards the draft.

Advertisement
light skin RBs are always a big NO for me. go play basketball or something.

No...no light skinned in basketball either. Look what happened to Jimmy Graham. Had to go football as a last resort. Not a RB but what's the difference?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back