What a smug

Advertisement
UM offensive coordinator Dan Enos said Wednesday that Tate Martell is being given a fresh look in the quarterback competition, made clear the QB job will be open next spring, and showed no inclination to switch exclusively to a spread offense to try to boost a unit that finished 73rd in scoring, 120th in rushing and 130th in third down conversions.

Asked whether he would consider going primarily to a spread, Enos said: “What is the spread offense? I don’t know what it is. Is it shotgun? Is it quarterback run? We do all that; we run RPOs [run/pass options]. We’re in 11 personnel most of time, which is three wide receivers, one back. We’re in shotgun or pistol most of the time. People define spread offense; it’s a very ambiguous term. I don’t really understand it because systems don’t win championships. Players and coaches do.”

He said UM’s offense is “on the cutting edge of everything we’re doing from a schematic standpoint.”

He also said he has adapted plenty this season.

“We’ve changed; I’ve adapted more this year than I’ve ever adapted as a coach,” he said. “I’m not hard headed to say ‘no this, no that.’ We’ve gone to a lot of pistol stuff because Jarren Williams is more comfortable with that. I’ve not been a big pistol guy over the years. We’ve adapted quite a bit of the things we’ve done.
“We’ve RPOed more [run/pass option], thrown screens, run the ball. We’re trying to do a lot of different things to get him comfortable and to play well. We are not ram rodding a system down anybody’s throat. We are going to constantly try to make the system have adjustments. We’ve adapted our scheme.”

So how should the offense be fixed? “We’ve got to coach better, block better, run routes better, be more consistent, catch the ball when we need to, got to do a better job navigating the pocket [and] keeping our eyes down field and as coaches, do a better job of putting these guys in better situations.”

Asked whether it would be a good idea to go to a no-huddle offense more, he said: “We tried to go no huddle a few times and we weren’t very successful at it. So we stayed away from it. We’re not very successful at it right now but we’re so young.”

Meanwhile, UM practiced for the fourth time on Tuesday in advance of the Dec. 26 Independence Bowl against Louisiana Tech, and Enos said Martell is being given a fresh look in the starting battle, and that repetitions in practice are being shared among Martell, Jarren Williams and N’Kosi Perry.
“He has to do it on the field and it’s been very inconsistent,” Enos said of Martell. “He hasn’t done anything to have earned a chance to do that yet. He’s been really good [in four practices]. And he’s done a nice job. I don’t know where it will end up. He’s in the right frame of mind, and we would like to see the best version of him.”
Why does Miami always have to hire the same corches? Groundhogs day

Because he truly believes it's all the players failing to do what he wants. His system would work just fine if the players would just do what he wants.
Same thing NoD said, same thing Richt said. FFS, when are these corches going to realize they are the problem? Execution has to be the #1 excuse going on almost 10 years!

Same thing NoD said, same thing Richt said. FFS, when are these corches going to realize they are the problem? Execution has to be the #1 excuse going on almost 10 years!
The thing I really don't get is this: OK, fine, it's the players. Your system is just fine, if only the players would do what they're supposed to do. BUT WHY DOES IT NOT OCCUR TO THE COACH THAT THIS IS ALSO HIS FAULT? AT WHAT POINT DO YOU HAVE TO LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND ADMIT THAT YOU AREN'T GETTING WHAT YOU NEED OUT OF THESE GUYS? After a while I'd think you'd start to wonder if maybe you should be doing something wrong.

I wish winning were a big enough incentive to get guys to change their ways.

Hes not going anywhere.
if he's really this arrogant that is something that is ingrained in him...and you aren't going to get away with that too long in Dade Co....ESPECIALLY someone who isn't successful. He's going to end up making a lot of enemies on and off the field and rub the wrong people the wrong way....if he hasn't already....watch and see!

Advertisement
Advertisement

tenor (23).gif

that's what its looking like....which means FACK Manny, just like Golden couldn't part with Doritos, this could be the straw that rompe el back del camello
YES SIR , ENOS est fini comme un coach pour nous. On va prier BEAUCOUP

Advertisement
UM offensive coordinator Dan Enos said Wednesday that Tate Martell is being given a fresh look in the quarterback competition, made clear the QB job will be open next spring, and showed no inclination to switch exclusively to a spread offense to try to boost a unit that finished 73rd in scoring, 120th in rushing and 130th in third down conversions.

Asked whether he would consider going primarily to a spread, Enos said: “What is the spread offense? I don’t know what it is. Is it shotgun? Is it quarterback run? We do all that; we run RPOs [run/pass options]. We’re in 11 personnel most of time, which is three wide receivers, one back. We’re in shotgun or pistol most of the time. People define spread offense; it’s a very ambiguous term. I don’t really understand it because systems don’t win championships. Players and coaches do.”

He said UM’s offense is “on the cutting edge of everything we’re doing from a schematic standpoint.”

He also said he has adapted plenty this season.

“We’ve changed; I’ve adapted more this year than I’ve ever adapted as a coach,” he said. “I’m not hard headed to say ‘no this, no that.’ We’ve gone to a lot of pistol stuff because Jarren Williams is more comfortable with that. I’ve not been a big pistol guy over the years. We’ve adapted quite a bit of the things we’ve done.
“We’ve RPOed more [run/pass option], thrown screens, run the ball. We’re trying to do a lot of different things to get him comfortable and to play well. We are not ram rodding a system down anybody’s throat. We are going to constantly try to make the system have adjustments. We’ve adapted our scheme.”

So how should the offense be fixed? “We’ve got to coach better, block better, run routes better, be more consistent, catch the ball when we need to, got to do a better job navigating the pocket [and] keeping our eyes down field and as coaches, do a better job of putting these guys in better situations.”

Asked whether it would be a good idea to go to a no-huddle offense more, he said: “We tried to go no huddle a few times and we weren’t very successful at it. So we stayed away from it. We’re not very successful at it right now but we’re so young.”

Meanwhile, UM practiced for the fourth time on Tuesday in advance of the Dec. 26 Independence Bowl against Louisiana Tech, and Enos said Martell is being given a fresh look in the starting battle, and that repetitions in practice are being shared among Martell, Jarren Williams and N’Kosi Perry.
“He has to do it on the field and it’s been very inconsistent,” Enos said of Martell. “He hasn’t done anything to have earned a chance to do that yet. He’s been really good [in four practices]. And he’s done a nice job. I don’t know where it will end up. He’s in the right frame of mind, and we would like to see the best version of him.”
How the fúck does Diaz hear this prick talk like this & not fire his *** on the spot?

There's not another Offensive Coordinator talking like this anywhere in the country, especially after producing a God awful offense ranked in the 90's-130's in multiple categories. Who TF does he think he is?

Smfh, if Diaz had any backbone he would've fired him after the FIU game...

It's a God damned shame what this once proud team has become, this shít is beyond sad man, Un****inBelievable that we have to put up with this every **** year.

Smh smh smh smh smh...

How the fúck does Diaz hear this prick talk like this & not fire his *** on the spot?

There's not another Offensive Coordinator talking like this anywhere in the country, especially after producing a God awful offense ranked in the 90's-130's in multiple categories. Who TF does he think he is?

It's a God damned shame what this once proud team has become, this shít is beyond sad man, Un****inBelievable that we have to put up with this every **** year.

Smh smh smh smh smh...
i get keeping him just long enough so you have a QB but now that hes signed and sealed, fire enos now. i expect that if a change is happeing, it will be after the bowl.

Advertisement
i get keeping him just long enough so you have a QB but now that hes signed and sealed, fire enos now. i expect that if a change is happeing, it will be after the bowl.
I can contact some of my old friends from the ARKANSAS DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS. we'll see.

Smh smh smh smh smh...
It is disheartening to say the least. Problem is the admin gives zero shyts. Keep the ACC checks coming in and at all costs avoid scandal/bad publicity. That has been and will continue to be the status quo.

Advertisement
Back