What a gem

What's to disagree with in this statement?

The part where he opens his mouth and embarrasses himself?

Speaking the truth is embarrassing himself? OK

Yeah. It is.

He's not some dude off the street, he's a highly paid football coach and currently representing two different institutions of higher learning. He's been around long enough to know that you don't say that kind of thing in range of a mic or reporter. Just because you agree with him doesn't mean it wasn't stupid of him to say to a reporter.

raw

Advertisement
He laid out empirical facts. Only opinion was the Tuscaloosa comment

I don't see what's wrong w his statement to anyone who doesn't wear pajamas during the day

I'm not disagreeing with anything he says really, that quote I posted made me giggle

He's quite the side show

His wife is taking 34.5 percent?? **** how do we stop the madness in this country!?

Lane Kiffin finds a new way to show he hasn't grown up in latest early exit - CBSSports.com

watch him throw the game

Kiffin with a joke after initially asking if he should say it: "I used to say there's a constantly daily battle between who can take more of my money between [his ex-wife] Layla and Obama. I figured it out. I really don't make any money. I pay around 52 percent in taxes. Layla gets 34.5 percent in the divorce, and [agent Jimmy Sexton] gets 3 percent. I make [about] 9 percent, and I'm living in Tuscaloosa."

My biggest problem with this statement is his math is way off - For starters, his tax rate is 44.6% (39.6% federal, 5% state), not 52%. Second, he's saying all of these percentages are additive, which is not true; his wife and agent get a percent of his income AFTER taxes, not before.

Kiffin was making $1.4M at Alabama, so $775,600 after taxes. Take out wife ($307K alimony) and agent ($23K fees) and he's left with $445K.

$445K is roughly 32% of his total salary. While a far cry from the original $1.4M, it's nowhere near his alleged "9%" claim.

Advertisement
Back